1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol, but I think the gateway drug is APC ;)

2. Spyder187

Spyder187 Active Member

I just got some of the big slub weird guy. I can just get the top button done up but they feel like they are super low rise. I can't do any of the other buttons up unless I really force it but then it'll just crush my top block.

This denim feels super stiff almost like elephant denim so I'm afraid how much it can stretch..

Should I size up? The waist will be a bit loose then...

3. tomee

tomee Senior member

so do you size up in Weird Guy?

im a 34 waist

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. effang

effang Senior member

[​IMG]

Red weft 1+ years no wash, pre-soak, not extremely heavy wearing, but at least 4-5x per week

[​IMG]

In the picture above, you can see red fading through the inner thighs. That's...awesome. What isn't awesome is how thin the material is now, and hence, why there are two holes developing. How do I go about fixing this? Just sew on an inner thigh patch?

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

That is intentional, the hole provides on easy access for le package.

6. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

lol at your battle stripes, thought they were JB for a moment

and thats not the red `fading`through, no that would be the redcores. your warps are thinning out thats why the red shows. if you want the red to show, youre gonna have dangerously thinned jeans

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Hadn't noticed that at first.

Merits a great :crackup:

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: Denim Restocks (Pomegranate, Deep Indigo, Indigo/Indigo) Pomegranate and Deep Indigo received full restocks of all sizes, Indigo/Indigo was limited to only a few pairs which were the last available. Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Pomegranate 14oz Selvedge Denim * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * Dye uses real pomegranate mixed with a synthetic stabilizer to maintain the rich pomegranate red color * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Made with 14 oz sanforized selvedge denim woven on vintage shuttle looms in Japan * 100% cotton * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7914000 Naked and Famous "Weird Guy" 15oz Deep Indigo Selvedge Denim * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Made with 15 oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim * 100% cotton * Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7935001 Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" 15oz Deep Indigo Selvedge Denim * The "Skinny Guy" fit is slim in the thigh with medium rise and tapers the mid-thigh to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Made with 15 oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim * 100% cotton * Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995900 Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Indigo/Indigo 12oz Selvedge * The indigo/indigo selvedge uses a warp yarn (outside) and an weft yarn (interior) which are both dyed to a deep indigo color. The result is a consistently dark indigo color that looks almost violet and will fade to a unique electric blue with a lot of variation. The surface of the fabric is very smooth and the weight is good for year round wear. * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * Brown leather patch * 5 pocket with selvedge detail on coin pocket, button fly closure * Made with 12oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim with white edges * 100% cotton * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7923003 Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" Indigo/Indigo 12oz Selvedge * The indigo/indigo selvedge uses a warp yarn (outside) and an weft yarn (interior) which are both dyed to a deep indigo color. The result is a consistently dark indigo color that looks almost violet and will fade to a unique electric blue with a lot of variation. The surface of the fabric is very smooth and the weight is good for year round wear. * The "Skinny Guy" fit is slim in the thigh with medium rise and tapers the mid-thigh to the leg opening * Brown leather patch * 5 pocket with selvedge detail on coin pocket, button fly closure * Made with 12oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim with white edges * 100% cotton * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7923004

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Fade Level: Asian (Red Core from a Korean guy user name Frodo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

that leaf fade......is very impressive
    how did he do that

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I think it's a maple leafy, he may be Canadian.

Probably put a metal maple leaf magnet or decoration and rubbed against it until it left an impression.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Personally I think it's rather gimmicky - really? Who carries a solid leaf in their back pocket?

13. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Maybe it's a solid maple leaf wallet. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  14. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he's Korean, he entered the indigo/indigo fading contest as well. He had a stencil logo in the back pocket of those jeans too. I'm Canadian, so good job Frodo!

15. Scouser1

Scouser1 Member

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a great deal going on right now from revolve. They have big slubs on sale from $215 down to $151. Plus you can throw in a coupon code for another 10% off. I picked a pair up for $136.

16. digga

digga Senior member

if you wear size 33 you can get the last pair of deep indigo skinny guys from k@rmaloop for $50... hell, you could probably find a 20% off coupon somewhere too.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  17. mister56

mister56 Senior member

18. mister56

mister56 Senior member

Who has the nerve to wear white after Labor Day, Who will dare wear white jeans anyway, Who can stand it for at least 4 months. This jerk can and will do it. My personal contest of will and determination. I call on you fine people that have Naked and Famous Reverse Fade jeans to join me. I will put up $75.00 of my own money for best faded pair. I will get someone who is in the jean pool to judge the contest. How bout it? Do you have what it take to be one of the few and the proud?

This is a day one photo. Shot last Saturday.
    [​IMG]

19. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: 10oz Selvedge Ducks are BACK! [​IMG][​IMG] Naked & Famous Ducks are Back! The N&F 10oz duck was first released fall 2011 and it was one of the popular fabrics N&F ever produced. It has not been made in quite some time and we are excited to have it available once again. The fabric is a beautiful khaki brown that can be both dressy and casual and the weight is perfect for year round wear. The duck cloth t is a great compliment to any wardrobe and a good change of pace from wearing denim or a chino. We will stock Skinny Guy (photographed above) and Weird Guy. A limited run of Regular Guy is currently available for special order. Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" 10oz Selvedge Duck Canvas in Vintage Khaki Brown * The "Skinny Guy" fit is slim in the thigh with medium rise and tapers the mid-thigh to the leg opening * 10oz light weight selvedge vintage brown khaki duck fabric made in Japan with red accents * Exposed coin pocket selvedge * 5 pocket, button fly closure * 100% cotton * Khaki * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7830001 Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" 10oz Selvedge Duck Canvas in Vintage Khaki Brown * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 10oz light weight selvedge vintage brown khaki duck fabric made in Japan with red accents * Exposed coin pocket selvedge * 5 pocket, button fly closure * 100% cotton * Khaki * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7830000 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/09/naked-famous-10oz-selvedge-duck-canvas.html

20. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

what's the revolve coupon code?