1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

hahaha, well you might be waiting for a long time.

2. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior member

Read some interesting things on the blueowl blog about their sister brand unbranded, 21 oz for under $100. Wonder how the denim compares to the elephants

3. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

probably pretty meh quality

4. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

Even the N&F 21 oz had some quality issues. A lot of flies ripping off and such.

5. grasp

grasp Member

I'm a true 34in waist and would want to get the elephant 2. There's a tagged 31in (33" waist) and tagged 34in (36" waist) up for grab. I kinda love a tight fit so was wondering do elephant 2 stretch an inch on the waist to be comfortable for me to take 31in?

Or should I go skinny guy tagged 33" (34" waist) to be secure? Please help. Thanks.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Don't size down like that on the elephants. Won't stretch for you.

7. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

dont ever size down on heavyweight denim especially nf

8. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

Has anyone gotten their Low Tensions from Revolve yet? I emailed them and they said there was a delay in getting them from N&F.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  9. mister56

mister56 Senior member

I got mine on thursday fron Revolve. It only took 3 days.

10. Brckt0p

Brckt0p Member

Crap, had a long explanation written then lost it from a random refresh or something. Basically, I'm a true waist 34" (from measuring the waist of 3 pairs of jeans) does that mean I should grab a size 31 in N&F weird guy? I'm looking at the 13 oz. indigo selvedge. I've heard that vanity sizing in N&F is two sizes down (32 means true waist of 34") but that I should also size down 1 for stretch. Just wanted to get a confirmation before I pull the trigger on my first raw denim purchase.

Also, fit wise is the weird guy cut like a levi 505 (straight leg cut)? From grabbing a string and ruler I have approx 21-22" thighs and my levi 501's (tapered thigh I believe) fit like a freakin glove almost down to my knee. My 505's have a more space and that is kinda the fit I'm looking for.

11. rorschach128

rorschach128 Member

Weird Guys fit most like the 508. Levi's calls it the regular taper, and is like a 514 up top, and slims down to a 511 leg opening below the knee.

12. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I've never tried on a 508, but I've always thought the closest Levi cut to the WG was the "Matchstick"

I've got a pair and are quite similar to my WGs, especially in the thighs.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

How many pairs of N&F denim do you guys have? I ask because they have so many washes/styles and you have to really wear your pair to develop whiskers, honeycombs, etc. so it may be hard if you have a lot of pairs.

1 person likes this.
  14. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i have 2 pairs

weird guy chinos
    slim guy broken twills

ive worn the shit out of my slimguys so i dont wear them often cus i bought momotaros

15. alexthephallus

alexthephallus Active Member

How are their chinos? Gained a bit of weight so I'm in the market for new chinos

16. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i like them, they fit me perfectly.

i sized up because weird guy is too tight when i tts with it, so they look like as if i bought them and went to a tailor and asked them to taper them.

i washed and put them in the dryer because i dont want these to get faded like denim. i wore them in july during my trip to greece and it gets super hot there so they were great for the weather.

you can dress them up and dress them down, really solid pair of pants.

i posted pics before but here they are if you are curious to see what they look like in action

[​IMG]

17. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i do kinda wish they were regular rise though

18. Brckt0p

Brckt0p Member

bumpa

19. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

its like you dont even read my posts

20. Brckt0p

Brckt0p Member

Basically it seems like you bought a pair that was too large then had them tailored to fit you? This isn't what I'm planning on doing with my jeans. I just wanted to make sure I was buying the right waist size and wanted to know if it was a straight or tapered cut. From a previous post, I now know it isn't a straight cut but more of a "natural" taper. This sounds good to me although it doesn't help with the waist sizing.

Also, I'm not the memeber grasp and I'm not purchasing a heavy weight denim (in case you got us two confused, we have the same avatar), I'm purchasing a lighter 13 oz pair

I wanted to make sure I was grabbing the right waist size. My true waist is 34" which if I'm not mistaken means a size 32 will fit me off the rack (due to vanity sizing) but I wanted to see if people recommend sizing down to a size 31 to deal with stretch or if I got that all screwed up. N&F does use vanity sizing correct?