1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. wm8589

wm8589 Active Member

What's wrong with me referencing APC? I see a lot of people comaring fits like Petit Standard vs. Weird Guy. Just because I reference APC doesnt mean that I don't know my stuff. I didn't call you a snobby pretentious hipster because you consider yourself an afficionado of some sorts, whose above Atelier des Production et Creation.

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

PC shits on naked and famous.

Let the storm begin.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

You're not doing yourself any favors here w/ 17 posts to your name

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I was going to argue with you but then i realized i've never actually worn a pair of N&F that weren't collabs for any extended period of time.

5. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

^^ pointing out someone's post count as an argument is weak.

1 person likes this.
  6. El Argentino

I'm not implying he may not know his stuff. Just that pissing off more active or senior members isn't the brightest idea in any instance.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

you have 86 posts ¨brah¨, not having a high post count is weak

8. El Argentino

Well, he's at least been registered since 2008. wm8589 has been here roughly a month.

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous Fall/Winter Denims: "Dirty Fade" Restocked! [​IMG][​IMG] The Naked & Famous "Dirty Fade" denims sold out in a lot of sizes when they first arrived. Today, our first large restock of the "Dirty Fade" series has arrived filling us up on all sizes in all 3 fits: Weird Guy, Skinny Guy, and Slim Guy. Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Dirty Fade 14.5oz Indigo Selveged * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * Brown leather patch * 5 pocket with selvedge detail on coin pocket, button fly closure * Made with 14.5 oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim with red & white edges * Rope dyed using brown/beige warp yarn * 100% cotton * Assemebled in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7923000 Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" Dirty Fade 14.5oz Indigo Selveged * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * Brown leather patch * 5 pocket with selvedge detail on coin pocket, button fly closure * Made with 14.5 oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim with red & white edges * Rope dyed using brown/beige warp yarn * 100% cotton * Assemebled in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scaripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7923001 Naked & Famous "Slim Guy" Dirty Fade 14.5oz Indigo Selveged * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * Brown leather patch * 5 pocket with selvedge detail on coin pocket, button fly closure * Made with 14.5 oz sanforized Japanese selvedge denim with red & white edges * Rope dyed using brown/beige warp yarn * 100% cotton * Assemebled in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7923002 Also see our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/07/naked-famous-dirty-fade-145oz-selvedge.html

10. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

I would like to see them put out more WG Highs. :slayer:

11. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I never said the rest of your post was crap.

I wouldn't dare to say such thing, since it all made sense. Except for the APC comment ;)

12. demonsblood

demonsblood Well-Known Member

Man, that dirty fade fabric selvedge ID, is sooo similar to APC's . Assuming APC's are 14oz. and the dirty fade are 14.5oz...i'm thinking maybe its the same mill but custom woven at a thicker gauge for N&F. They should fade nicely!

13. Jay-D

Yes, the Dirty Fade fabric will fade nicely and you will see similar wear patterns compared to APC denim, but the fabrics are nothing alike. The Dirty Fade uses a different cotton, different type yarn and weight, they are rope dyed in indigo, there is more starch in the fabric, and a lot more labor is involved.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  14. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

I really want to get those dirty fades. I can't wait to see some fade pics

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol I was just trying to mess with him but I didn't get the pissed off reaction I was fishing for.

Is apc really that great? I bought a pair and I don't remember them having as much detail as the Momo's or NF.

Are we discussing fit or quality?

What about Levi's and wrangler? (honest question)

16. Jay-D

Naked & Famous Fall/Winter Denims: Weird Guy "Sand" Chino [​IMG] We are excited to have yet another new edition of the Naked & Famous fall/winter 2012 line up, the Weird Guy 13oz selvedge chino in sand. The "Sand" color is a brown gray appropriately named sand and it uses the identical fabric as used on the other chinos in the series, only difference being dyed a different color and this one has a red selvedge line. Now we offere 4 different colors in the Weird Guy chino series. From left to right as shown above: Red, Sand, Khaki, Beige. Naked and Famous "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Sand * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * 13oz Japanese red line selvedge chino fabric * 100% cotton * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7916000

17. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Already have the red and beige chinos, and now I want the khaki and sand too... Also need to pick up the duck canvas when they come back. :embar:

18. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

apc's are better than the regular nf stuff, momo's were a collabo, they tend to have higher quality when its a collabo.
    i think apc's have better fits but n&f is great for their price
    levis are ok, lvc's and their made in crafted line is probobly their highest quality stuff

19. El Argentino

I'm really not meaning to slam on APC -

Just every question seems to revert back to that brand. In the "Ask a Question - Jeans" thread (or something like that) it seems to always be:

Looking for something that fits like APC from $x - y. Why not just buy another pair of NS if you're so sold on the cut?

"Which N&F fits the most like APC?" - first off, I'd ask what cut of APC, and then I'd say to go buy another one instead.

Just venting.... :censored:

20. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

Maybe ppl dont want another pair of apc's, maybe they want different fabrics or wash and the cut of apc's