1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. stylinOnU

stylinOnU Member

you must have the skinniest thighs ever. I wear a 30 in Rock n Republic and the 29 weird guys were PAINFUL to put on

responding to mike868 from march 2011 when he said:
    32, if not 31. My true waist is 30 and 29 WGs were barely snug on me when new.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. stylinOnU

stylinOnU Member

you guys better hope these things stretch out to fit me. I cant afford to waste money on jeans that don't fit. I took the advice of this forum to size down one now I am ready to unleash my fury on you all. Just kidding around but for real it would really suck if they don't stretch out.

3. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous Fall/Winter 2012 Productions: Left Hand Twill - - Weird Guy & Skinny Guy [​IMG] LHT is Back! Naked & Famous first introduced the Left Hand Twill fabric with the fall 2011 collection which was extremely popular due to its simplicity. It has a beautiful indigo color, a weight that can easily be worn year round, classic details, and a great price at only $140. Left hand twill, also known as "s twill", is a weave in which the grain line runs from the top-left hand corner of the fabric to the bottom right which is the opposite of right hand twill. It was originally used by Lee denim as its basic denim and now used in many premium denim companies such as 45rpm, Lee Japan, Kicking Mule Workshop, and Naked & Famous. Left hand twill tends to wear down softer than right hand twill and thus a softer hand feel after washing. Left hand twill will also have different wear patterns as the fabric can emphasize streakiness or vertical fading. Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Left Hand Twill 13.75oz Selvedge - $140 * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Hidden selvedge coin pocket detail * Uses a 13.75 oz sanforized left hand twill selvedge denim woven on vintage shuttle looms in Japan * 100% cotton * Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG] http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7921000 Naked & Famous "SkinnyGuy" Left Hand Twill 13.75oz Selvedge - $140 * The "Skinny Guy" fit is slim throughtout as it tapers from the thigh to the leg opening with medium rise * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Exposed selvedge coin pocket detail * Uses a 13.75 oz sanforized left hand twill selvedge denim woven on vintage shuttle looms in Japan * 100% cotton * Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG] http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7921001

4. highway

highway Senior member

this thread is getting so ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  5. mhpragematter

mhpragematter Well-Known Member

Anyone have fit pics of the painters? I went down to a 31 on them instead of the 32 I wear in indigo WG but my thighs are feelin it. From searching here, HB, and sufu people say they stretch a lot/more than typical weight denim.

Anyone buy em and have a worthy review?

6. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

n&f weird guy chino colours for the upcoming season: the original beige, plus khaki green and sand. same great, versatile fabric, with red line selvedge.

sizes 28-40, $150

a 5 pocket selvedge chino with red line selvedge. great colour and a smooth texture. very comfortable. great for any season!
    the naked & famous "weird guy" is a slim fit that tapers from the knee down. medium-low rise.
    12oz selvedge chino
    100% cotton
    japanese fabric
    made in canada

beige
    http://tateandyoko.c...hino-khaki.html
    [​IMG]

sand
    http://tateandyoko.c...chino-sand.html
    [​IMG]

khaki green
    http://tateandyoko.c...hino-khaki.html
    [​IMG]

7. Jay-D

Naked & Famous Fall/Winter 2012 Productions: "Weird Guy" Red Core [​IMG][​IMG] The "Red Core" fabric uses a weft yarn that has been dyed red to the center of the yarn using a permanent red Thyrene dye, then it is rope-dyed in indigo. The rope-dying process allows only the surface of the yarn to soak up the indigo leaving the center of the yarn its original color. So after a little wear, the indigo starts to rub off and fade exposing the red from the core of the warp yarns. Even the patch is red and painted indigo, so it will also show red after the indigo flakes off. Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Red Core 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with a medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Exposed selvedge coin pocket detail * Uses a 14 oz sanforized right hand twill selvedge denim woven on vintage shuttle looms in Japan. The selvedge is red with white accents. * 100% cotton * Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7920000 [​IMG] Here is a slightly worn red core denim lying on top of a brand new pair. This is approximately 5 months of wear without a wash. Imagine the potential! More information on our blog: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/06/naked-famous-weird-guy-red-core-14oz.html

8. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

All due respect, it is your job to do the homework and size according to your own measurements. This forum gave you sizing "advice", that being said you decided to take said advice making it your fault if the jeans don't fit the way you like. In the end you can always put up a BS for the jeans if they don't fit.

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I know I have told just about anyone that asks for advice this; if le package is being compressed and your thighs dont fit then size up! Some people do not have this problem and can size down.

10. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

On my elephant2's I get this long fold from under the pocket to right behind my knee...does anyone else get this? I think it looks sloppy and hope it settles better once the denim gets really soft. Its not too bad if I pull them up past my hip bone but dont like the back rise.

11. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

Pics? Maybe you just don't have enough ass to hold the back rise

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

not sure what you are talking about, pictures should help.

13. Jay-D

Naked & Famous Fall/Winter 2012 Productions: "Big Slub" Weird Guy & Slim Guy [​IMG][​IMG] The "Big Slub" denim was introduced in February 2008 as part of the Naked & Famous spring 2008 collection, which was also Naked & Famous' first season as a brand. It was offered in Slim Guy only and has was never made again, until now. Over the years, there have been numerous requests to remake the "Big Slub" denim and finally with the fall winter 2012 collection the "Big Slub" returns and this time available in both Weird Guy and Slim Guy. Weird Guy shown above. The fabric features an 18oz heavyweight selvedge with a tremendous amount of slub yarns which is the identical fabric used on the original release. [​IMG][​IMG] The "Big Slub" is an 18oz heavyweight dark indigo selvedge that has a bumpy and irregular texture. The yarn used to make the fabric is wavy, bumpy, and has random thickness creating the irregularities on the surface. The fabric has a very dark indigo shade and in the right lighting you can clearly see the irregularities as shown above. Naked & Famous "Slim Guy" Big Slub 18oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo * The "Slim Guy" fit is a slim straight leg that is slim in thigh, has a medium rise, and stays straight from lower thigh to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Custom engraved hardware with Naked & Famous logos * Hidden selvedge coin pocket detail * Uses an 18 oz sanforized right hand twill selvedge denim with an irregular weave woven on vintage shuttle looms in Japan. The selvedge is white with pink accents. * 1/4" thick leather patch * 100% cotton * Dark Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG] http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7919001 Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Big Slub 18oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with a medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Custom engraved hardware with Naked & Famous logos * Exposed selvedge coin pocket detail * Uses an 18 oz sanforized right hand twill selvedge denim with an irregular weave woven on vintage shuttle looms in Japan. The selvedge is white with pink accents. * 1/4" thick leather patch * 100% cotton * Dark Indigo * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG] http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7919000 [​IMG] Above shows a brand new "Big Slub" Slim Guy featured with a well worn "Big Slub" Slim Guy that has been worn for about 1 year and washed at least 5 time. This will be a fun denim to break in and see fade! More information on our blog: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/06/naked-famous-big-slub-18oz-selvedge.html

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

how many pairs of denim do most of you own?

is there a way, other than not wearing too often, to keep dark denim dark?

Is there any benefit to waxed denim?

15. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

The crease I'm talking about is just like the first picof the big slubs. I really want a pair of those too

16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

The original intent of waxed clothing was to seal water out. I guess maybe there could be some practical benefit, but generally, jeans are waxed to create visual interest.

17. Walt Thizzney

Walt Thizzney Well-Known Member

[​IMG] cry me a river bro…… what do you expect… they are RAW!… as in never been used, of course they will stretch, these are not your pre assmebled Sears douche bag jeans

18. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

i think he was just playin Mr thizzles....u from the bay? ahah

anyway, i wish N&F would make more "special" denim like those big slubs in skinny guys, wg's just arent my cut...im not talking about those red stretch, blue stretch, naked love crap collabos..

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  19. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Trying a bit too hard to sound in-the-know, there...

bro... :foo:

1 person likes this.
  20. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

YOLO