Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Deep Indigo Weird Guy 29s
    I'd say keep wearing them and see how they look as they soften up a bit. You'll probably eventually require hemming, as the denim becomes less rigid and gravity does its thing. Can I assume yours are pretty new/haven't been worn much?

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

It's a long story. I wore them 2-3 weeks and then decided the starch was beyond ridiculous and gave them a hot soak. They fit better now. The button fly was flared open before the soak and is now hidden and aligned the way it should be. WG's seem to have a lot of room in the ass and the soak helped tighten that area up.

3. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

WG's seem to have a lot of room in the ass and the soak helped tighten that area up.

Quote of the night when properly taken out of context...

You've soaked them, so you definitely can't return, and even if you sell, you won't get that much for a soaked/worn pair that aren't super expensive to begin with, so you've got nothing to lose by wearing them around some more. I still think that the softer they are the better they'll fit all round.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

IMO they fit perfectly. i'd get them hemmed though.

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

btw nice varsity.

6. Lnja

Lnja Active Member

IMO they fit perfectly. i'd get them hemmed though.
    I agree. Hemmed, no cuffs and the jeans are fine.

7. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

What size should I go for in the skinny guys if I wear a 29 in NS? The Farinelli's measurements make the 30 look too small and the 32 look too big.

8. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

9. Earnest Hemingway

Damn, farinellis is sold out... there's no way I would fit a 29 is there?

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I can't seem to get this fit right. How do I get the stacking to look natural? Looks fine from the side and fucked up and jagged from the front. Legs are all bunched the hell up. Annoying. Should I just abandon N&F and figure the fit ain't me?
    The fit is good. The stacks can be remedied. Iron out the creases at the bottom and reset the stacks by pushing the fabric to the bottom and shaping them the way you want. If by bunched up legs, you mean fabric bunched up around the knee- that's a thing most people want, the whole "fabric drapes nicely" is partially a reference to it.

11. TN_

TN_ Member

I can't seem to get this fit right. How do I get the stacking to look natural? Looks fine from the side and fucked up and jagged from the front. Legs are all bunched the hell up. Annoying.

Should I just abandon N&F and figure the fit ain't me?

started wg deep indigo like you about 2 weeks ago, fits exactly the same. gave it a hot soak before wearing because i wasn't concerned about indigo loss. as the denim softens up with wear the stacks should relax and fall more naturally.

12. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

What size should I go for in the skinny guys if I wear a 29 in NS? The Farinelli's measurements make the 30 look too small and the 32 look too big.

I would actually say a 31 would be best for you. I wear a 30 in NS, a 31 in the Weird Guy and 32 in Skinny Guy. Most of our customers have been pretty consistent with this as well.

13. Earnest Hemingway

Do you guys still have that 15% discount for SF members?

14. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

Do you guys still have that 15% discount for SF members?

Sorry man, that one is long done. We will probably do some sort of promotion once we launch the webshop, but i still don't have a concrete timeline on that. We do offer free shipping, no PST on orders outside of BC, and i think our N&F stock is very reasonably priced. Which Skinny Guys were you looking at?

15. Earnest Hemingway

Sorry man, that one is long done. We will probably do some sort of promotion once we launch the webshop, but i still don't have a concrete timeline on that. We do offer free shipping, no PST on orders outside of BC, and i think our N&F stock is very reasonably priced. Which Skinny Guys were you looking at?

The revival selvage, that were on sale at farinelli's.