1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Yoshimi

Yoshimi New Member

I believe the tag said indigo selvedge. I'm not sure if it's 12 oz.?

[​IMG]

2. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Looks fine to me.

3. houkah

houkah Well-Known Member

hey pdillon i got those same jeans and mine was full of defects how are yours? Mine had no belt loops left of the front button until you got to the back middle belt loop. The leather patch was also partially falling off at the top. I'm thinking i just got unlucky though. Returned em, but really liked the jeans so i was a bit bummed.

4. pdillon

pdillon Member

Houkah, as far as I can tell, they are fine. I'm wearing them right now and don't have any of the problems you mentioned. Sorry to hear about that.

5. althanis

althanis Senior member

I have the same question from what was said: hemming shortens it, but tapering means slimming the bottom doesn't it? How could either of those be options with respect to length?

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

That was my fault - hemmed or cuffed. Tapering denim is usually a fruitless gesture - easier to just find a different cut. It's rare on the boards that I've seen someone have their denim tapered and it doesn't end up on the B/S.

They need to be shortened, however you decide to do it.

7. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

No idea. I went TTS and found the fit of the jeans perfect then sized down one and everyone could see my package. Lesson learned.

8. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't understand the obsession with getting jeans as tight as humanly possible, especially if you're not 90 lbs.

9. mister56

mister56 Senior member

10. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I mean I have several pairs of various cuts and sizes and they all kind of end up the same. Some are just easier to get my hands in the pockets.

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

UPDATE! on the brown canvas slim guy jeans:

For those interested, these arrived very true to size (size 32, 16.2" , waistband aligned) and after three days of wear (and many deep-knee bends :D ) stretched out a full inch in the waist. They also appear to have stretched a tiny bit in the thighs, though I neglected to measure those upon arrival. I haven't washed them yet.

I'm sure this'll come back to haunt me when I lose the eight pounds I've recently put on, but for now: :slayer:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  12. Walt Thizzney

Walt Thizzney Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Elephant 2 skinny guys that i just bought…. had a pair of UNiqlo Slim Straight that fit really well in same size… well after a week of breaking them in and some brusing they are starting to loosen up a little, espessially in the waste

13. akg101

akg101 Active Member

Hey guys.. I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me with sizing for the Slim Guys.

I wear a 32 in Levi's 501 and 514.. How much should I be sizing down?

I've never owned a pair of selvedge jeans and I have no idea how much they stretch.

Thanks

14. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

i wear 33 in 501. wear 31 in slimguy.

yes i could only just button up, yes thighs were painted on. a few days in they were great but a little tight. after a month they were perfect.

15. sandan

sandan Member

I wear 32 in levi 514 slims (perfect fit). I currently wear NF slims at 32, they probably fit the same as 33.5 in levis.

These are definitely designed for the hip instead the waist, so my 32's are working out. Ideally I would of chosen 31's. I can imagine 30's working if I was going for the super tight thigh look.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  16. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

They don't look huge, a little bit of a diaper effect but that may not bother you. As long as le package is not being compressed and they are not falling I would keep them. For that price, its a pretty good deal.

Girls have told me that my posterior is delightful so we may be in the same boat. As long as my thighs and package fit the waist and seat eventually stretch out a bit and it becomes more comfortable.

I have deep indigo, they do bleed a bit but you could rub the inside end of the pants with a cloth to get some of the indigo off. I only wear black and grey boxer briefs and I have not noticed any indigo on them.

how much would that cost, would it be difficult for a tailor to work on raw stiff denim?

very very important, the last thing you want is testicular cancer because you applied too much pressure on le package due to wearing raw denim.

I don't like stacking so I would have them hemmed, but if you like it go for it! :)

17. digga

digga Senior member

514 and slim guy are both really baggy cuts (i only have the 514 personally) so I can't see sizing down 2 or 3 causing the rest of the jeans to be too tight.

i have a fully stretched weird guy 30 and a fully stretched 514 32 that i could measure if that would help, but i don't know much about the slim guys sizing.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  18. sandan

sandan Member

I have both. I forgot to quote the post I was replying to.

I think the 514's are more tapered at the waist than the Slims (feel and look better higher). The slims are straighter in the hip/waist area.(feel and look better lower)

Did you go with wierd guys for the fit or selection of denim?

19. father's room

father's room Senior member

Is there any sales or deals going on for NF denim jacket?

1 person likes this.
  20. digga

digga Senior member

if you mean weird guys vs. slim guys, i chose wg for the fit. weird guy vs. other brands, denim selection.