1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

hahaha

what are your thigh and calf measurements?

lol

2. tdhk

tdhk Member

It was all in fun, seriously. I'm glad that the string method proved effective!
    ;)

3. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

calf: 13"
    thigh: 19"

for comparison, petit standard 28 are just a little too tight for me although the waist fits me well. I'm eyeing for skinny guy 30 right now although I'm afraid the waist would be slightly to big. skinny guy 29 is a no go since it would be too thin. alternative is weird guy 28-29 but I'm not too sure seeing the 11.25" thigh.

about the elephant, some people say they're uncomfortable. is it true? I've never worn heavyweight jeans before. my current (first raw) jeans are selvedge mishka and thinking of upgrading.

thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  4. Based Gawd

Based Gawd Member

So now what? Is no one gonna answer my question cus I was apparently a dick to that guy? [​IMG]

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

yup yup, thats how it works around here my friend. :nodding:

there is always superfuture or askandyaboutclothes

I would stay away from the weird guy fit, I measured my thighs right now (over my jeans...sorry too lazy to take them off) and I they are about 25 inches, my calfs are 16 inches (again over my jeans). I wear a 33 WG in NF and they fit me well. I tried the 32 but it was too tight for le package, now the 33s have loosened up a bit in the seat and I am not too thrilled about that but it is not significant.

I suggest ordering from NM, to figure out what size you want first. They carry the WG and skinny guy fit in NF, they have free return shipping and will give you a full refund to your original method of purchase. Figure out what size works for you with their pants and then find the model you like from another place (neimans does not carry many styles).

I would get the pair that does not put pressure on your genitals, that was a problem for me (probably due to my thighs) , might not be one for you.

I may have rambled but I am getting hungry and need to get food. Make sure you order from NM or another site that is easy to deal with (no bs on the returns) you might find that you do not like NF after trying them on. Hell with NM if you buy a pair and then after a month of not wearing it you realize that it does not work for you and you want to size up/down, you can return it for your money back or exchange it without a hassel. Not that I condone wearing and returning, I have given NM enough of my money as it, but hey if they dont work they dont work and that is what the high end fashion stores like neimans are there for. Speaking of neimans, I need to go tomorrow lol

Based Gawd LOL I was just playing my friend, Ill answer your question when I get back from picking up le milkshake.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  6. ZacEnoh

ZacEnoh Active Member

Just want to throw this out there. I have 5 pair of NF - ALL true to size; both weird Guy/Skinny Guy. This thing where you guys are sizing down is strange to me (I wear 32 in Levi's, Lee, etc...). The only ill fitting pair of NF I've found were actually labelled 32, on a sale rack, but obviously smaller. Also from the fit pics I've seen; I think most folks are wearing them too small. Mainly from the buttons showing on the button fly being pulled. I mean, I guess it's personal preference. My experience/opinion so far has been tts.

7. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

@caltex: wow, thanks. skinny guy it is then. too bad I live in asia so the cost of shipping and return (if needed) would be too high. now I'm torn between n&f and apc. heart says n&f, head says apc.

@zac: by tts do you mean true to the size on the label or the actual measurement (which is an inch bigger)?

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  8. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Just soaking my NFs for the first time after over a year, amped!

9. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I just discovered that waist is measured by the navel. I've always thought that you measure it where the jeans sit. daamn, so then my waist is 30". meaning skinny guy 30 would be too big on my waist, but 29 would be too thin on my legs. so I guess n&f is not for me? since weird guy 28's thigh is 1" too wide for me.

10. highway

highway Senior member

the waist measures where the pants sit . . . for WG, at least in my experience, they sit super low, like right above my ass crack. that measurement there is my hips more than my waist. that imo is why they are vanity sized 2", because one's hips are wider than their "true waist". my skinnyguys on the other hand sit a lot higher in comparison, at the top of my hipbone, but below the navel - whatever that region is. when they sag, they get caught on my hipbone and don't really fall down any further. the wg however sag like crazy, and get stretched out a lot in the waist since they sit low on my hips, and tend to fall/sag a LOT. both are really nice, but overall it depends on what style you are looking for. take measurements of what your pants are now, 511 etc, and compare them to what is listed on blueowl. talk to jay and he can really offer some quality suggestions.

11. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

then why all of the stuff I read from google say that you measure your waist by wrapping the measure tape around your navel (or slightly above it)?

weird guy is a no go for me since the smallest thigh available is 11.25" and my current jeans have 10.5" thigh and I'm comfortable with that. I'm afraid WG would sag too much.

12. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

13. highway

highway Senior member

the people who decided where that measurement is taken were all born in the 1940s and that is where they wear their pants . . . the place where you want to measure for skinnyguy is a few inches below that. take a look at some pics online and on their website to get a better idea of where to measure. in fact, measure your current skinny jeans and go by that measurement.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I am not sure about neiman's international shipping policy but you may want to look into it, I know that shipping is generally free after spending XXX USD and they always cover return shipping.
    Here are the measurements, lets see if someone with more expertise can help you lol. sorry man. * Size 28 (29" waist, 9" rise, 10" thigh, 7.1" knee, 36" inseam, 6.8" leg opening) * Size 29 (30" waist, 9" rise, 10.25" thigh, 7.25" knee, 36" inseam, 7" leg opening) * Size 30 (31" waist, 9" rise, 10.5" thigh, 7.4" knee, 36" inseam, 7.25" leg opening)

15. digga

digga Senior member

I am 5'10" and usually weigh 160#. My thighs are 21.5 inches. True waist (just under my belly button) is 32.5 and wear my weird guys sit (at my hips) is 35 inches. Pulled tight, the waist in my size 30 weird guy is currently 35 inches (measured 17.5 inches across). I would expect any of the lighter weight NFs to stretch about 3 inches in the waist. They are about 3 weeks old and I have worn them without a belt to allow them to stretch... they are held up by the fabric in the yoke and at the top of the pockets rather than the waist. My only complaint about the weird guy fit is the tight crotch, but that has stretched out a bit. I think that all of the weird guy inseams measure 35-36"

It sounds like we have drastically different body types but similar waist and thigh measurements, so I would say size 30 or 31 in weird guy if you want the taper. I think tall people usually look better with straight jeans but I don't really pay that much attention to tall folks. I have posted some fit pics of my jeans, both new and worn in, that you can find if you look through my posts. I think you should look through the fit pics here or elsewhere (there are lots on hypebeast) to see what the different cuts look like on someone that is shaped similarly to you.

*i'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but hopefully this will help a little.

16. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

ordered a pair of the LHT WG's. Thanks

17. highway

highway Senior member

Quote:
    check these out . . . skinnyguy broken twill:

blueowl has these measurements:

* Size 29 (30" waist, 9.25" rise, 10.5" thigh, 7.5" knee, 37" inseam, 7" leg opening)

the thigh fits, the waist fits, and they fade awesome!

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7996402

[​IMG]

18. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

actually coping the jeans is not a problem since there are some sellers here. it's just that I can't try them on since the stores are located far far away, out of my city.

ok, measuring my current fitting pants, apparently my waist is 30". so the correct skinny guy size for me would be 29. but then the thigh and knee would be a little too tight for me. weird guy is a no go since the smallest thigh they have is 11.5". so I guess naked and famous is not for me? :(

edit: just saw you reply, highway. hmmm, those measurements aren't too bad and might fit me. I was referring to Elephant/deep indigo measurements when I said it could be too tight. but I noticed that broken twill is only 13 oz in weight though. does it feel lightweight? because I'm looking for some rather stiff material.

19. highway

highway Senior member

the broken twill, and natural indigo revival (which measures the same) are both very light in comparison to the others. the elephant2s would be a better bet in a size 30, since most people choose to size up a little due to how stiff the denim is. those in a tagged size 30w and size 31" waist might work out well since the denim is really really stiff. someone else with a pair of e2s will have to say for sure, as i do not own a pair.

20. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

is n&f broken twill lighter than apc ns?