1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. groundkontrol

groundkontrol Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. Most of the Weirdguys have around a 15" leg opening total. I think something slightly smaller (maybe 14" or 14.5") would be better.

2. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

If you think they aren't tapered enough, you need to size down more and if you aren't into sizing down, there's the Skinny Guys.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  3. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

If you think the WGs aren't tapered enough you probably have a combination of chicken legs and a fat waist. I have small size 8 feet and my sz30 ele2s have a 15" hem and frank2s also size 30 with a 14" hem. Both are fine to me

I thought SG weren't very tapered because I've heard of people wanting them more tapered or maybe I'm thinking about UB skinnies

4. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

Just the indigo selvedge and lightweight selvedge for now. selvedge duck will be available for fall.

The Skinny Guy doesn't really taper at all.

The Super Skinny Guy on the other hand, will taper about an inch from the knee down.

5. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

Get them chainstitch hemmed. Blueowl, Tate+Yoko, Denim Therapy and many others will do it for around 25 bucks plus the cost of shipping. This is the best option if you want to cuff them, just get them like an inch longer than normal.

6. Tequila

Tequila Well-Known Member

Got my tees today and I can say that I'm very happy with them. They are relaxed in the body without looking sloppy, but still very slim in the arms. They are longer than I expected, so we'll see if they hit the sweet spot after a wash. Very good t-shirts for build guys or lanky mofo's!

7. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

Happy to hear!

They were made a little long to compensate for the amount of vertical shrinkage, so you should be happy with the length after a wash.

8. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

That's awesome!

Please update us when you get a chance.

Hey NakedFamous, where in Vancouver can I buy these tees?

9. f***city

f***city Senior member

when is the super skinny guy coming out? hadn't heard about it before.

10. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

LOL can someone who can fit into a pair of jeans called 'super skinny guy' even still be considered a guy? im sure nudie fans already do that though

what i wore yesterday, nf indigo denim jacket + frank2s. super light 'jacket', im just wearing it as a button down shirt
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

was also wondering what the weave is for the indigo denim jacket? i didnt notice it before from pictures but its not a lht/rht/bt. i noticed the natural indigo is a rht and the black power stretch im guessing has its own twill properties because its stretch denim.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Naturally, I find this out after I've already bought a pair of WGs off B&S. :fu:

Ah well...I'll probably buy 'em anyway...possibly two pairs so I make sure I get the sizing right. :embar:

12. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

TooAwesome: Great fit, that Jacket looks good.

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I believe this one is still in experimental stage. This is one I have been pushing to have made for years and I think the first few pieces were just produced. I have not seen a sample yet, but it should be essentially a skinny guy with a more narrow leg opening. There will be more details coming out in the near future.

14. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: Hand-Made Clip-on Bow Ties [​IMG] A new batch of Naked & Famous clip on bow ties has just arrived. This batch included a lot of repeat styles from last production and 2 new styles that use a really fun soft washed cotton polka dot fabric. N&F bow ties are hand-made in very small batches by a tie maker in Canada and use dead-stock clip-on tie hardware from Ormand NYC. The fabrics used are the same Japanese denim and shirting fabrics N&F uses on their clothing line. Here are the two new designs, others can be seen on our website and as of right now 10 different styles are available. Naked & Famous Washed Cotton White with Navy Polka Dots Clip-on Bow Tie * Vintage dead-stock clip-on hardware from Ormand NYC * Each are handmade in small quantities * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7927000 Naked & Famous Washed Cotton Navy with White Polka Dots Clip-on Bow Tie * Vintage dead-stock clip-on hardware from Ormand NYC * Each are handmade in small quantities * Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7927001 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/naked-famous-hand-made-clip-on-bow-ties.html

15. Stil

Stil New Member

So I've been looking to get my first pair of N&Fs. I've been looking at some Slim Guys, though I haven't heard much mention of them on SF. What are your thoughts on them?

For context i'm 5'5'' 134 pounds, 30' tts, 18'' thighs, with a slim/toned build.

Thanks!

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Slim guys are decent denim, but definitely don't get as much love here as the other cuts.

17. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

Fade update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 year without wash
    3 machine washes
    1 lake soak
    1 hand wash
    and they just dried from their most recent machine wash

about 3 repairs

2 people like this.
  18. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

Love me pictures of nicely thrashed jeans.

19. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

Depends on the fit you want. Even in a the smallest size; a 28, your thighs will be swimming in them because they're 4" smaller than the jeans.

Mind=blown at 18" thighs....

1 person likes this.
  20. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.