Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: Spring/Summer 2012 Denim Preview [​IMG] I have been meaning to post these here for a while. More details can be seen on our Blog site of both denim and non-denim items. This spring, N&F has come up with several new denims that I really like and here are some of my favorites. These are only the new models which are standard models in the collection, collaborations and previous models are not included. [​IMG][​IMG] Wax Stretch Indigo - - Features a 12oz stretch indigo fabric which has been wax coated giving the smooth lustrous finish. Offered in Skinny Guy, $140. This one is in production now and will probably come out before Christmas. [​IMG][​IMG] Lightweight Painter - - 5oz Ultra-lightweight painter denim cloth in a clean indigo color. Offered in Slim Guy and Weird Guy, $135. This will be a great summer pant, expect to land early January. [​IMG][​IMG] Hemp Blend Selvedge - - Fabric is a 13oz selvedge with a blend of 70% cotton and 30% hemp and has a fascinating shade of indigo as it has a natural brown overtone. Offered in Skinny Guy, $165. ETA mid-February. [​IMG][​IMG] Broken Twill Greencast Selvedge - - 13oz broken twill made with a unique greencast tinted indigo dye. Skinny Guy and Weird Guy, $155. I love this fabric! ETA early February. [​IMG][​IMG] Red Stretch - - This coming spring Naked & Famous will offer several stretch denims and the red stretch was a stand out. Offered in Skinny Guy, $140. Same fabric as gray stretch, just red version. ETA late January. [​IMG][​IMG] Frankenstein 2 - - The first Frankenstein denim came out several seasons back and it was very popular. The new Frankenstein denim is a 13.5oz big slub fabric mixed with alternating weave. The color is a unique tan/brown. Offered in Weird Guy fit, $135. ETA mid-December. [​IMG][​IMG] Indigo/Indigo Selvedge - - The fabric is a 15oz super rigid selvedge that has an indigo warp and weft. The indigo dyed weft creates unique electric blue fading with prolonged wear. Offered in Weird Guy fit, $188. Our first shipment on this one arrives Monday. This one will go fast. N&F only made 450 pairs and as of right now there is no more fabric to make a 2nd run. For more information, check out our blog post from last week: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/11/naked-famous-springsummer-2012_24.html

2. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

yea i could always button them, even in the beginning. It was more a matter of actually getting the button THROUGH the hole. That was very very tough, made my hands hurt alot.
    Now I can comfortably button them without a struggle. Will post fit pics soon.

3. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

My ducks came in but what the hell is this?

[​IMG]

4. areyounoob

areyounoob Active Member

Really digging the Hemp Blend Selvedge as well as the new Broken Twills. And oh god.. the more I see of those Indigo Warp/Weft jeans the more I'm determined to get some.

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I got a pair of those weird guy deep indigo slubs, been wearing them pretty constantly since they came out in july. I think conceptually, I like the idea better than the actual result. But these are turning out somewhat nicely.
    prewash:

kind of annoying superfuture is so hard to use now. but I posted pics of pre- and post wash of the indigo slub denim
    http://supertalk.superfuture.com/in...famous-denim/page__view__findpost__p__2634397
    http://supertalk.superfuture.com/in...famous-denim/page__view__findpost__p__2634398

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Green ducks? is my comp having a problem?

7. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

Dammm those are looking good I can't wait to see what mine will look like post wash

8. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Oh no, not green ducks. It's the selvedge on the bottom leg.

[​IMG]

Do you guys think N&F would be able to fix this for me?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

How do these fit? If I'm a large in most fashion brands, a medium in most mainstream brands, 40R, 6 ft 175-180lbs, which size would i likely wear?

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Interested as well, 41 chest, 17.5-18 shoulders

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

blueowl, you guys are getting this color correct?

[​IMG]

will probably take it to the tailor to sew the placket though, seems odd without it...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  12. astris

astris Senior member

Out with the old, in with the new...

[​IMG]

Old:

Broken Twill Weird Guy
    around 2 years old
    worn 2-3 times a week max plus after work
    a few soaks
    three washes (I think)

New:

Momotaro Collabo 2

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  13. RROMAN8435

RROMAN8435 Well-Known Member

More pics!

14. amirkia

amirkia Member

does anyone have one of the "slow vintage slim hoodies?" thinking about picking one up and want to get some feedback from people who might have em. dont know of anywhere in the NY area where I can go and check it out in person, so figured Id ask those who actually purchased it. appreciate the help.

15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member