1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Take them back?

Post a picture maybe someone can help.

2. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

You should make up your mind fast as you are losing fading time, the contest is almost a month in!

3. groundkontrol

groundkontrol Well-Known Member

Do most people pay full price ($150+) for the N&F jeans or do most people get them on sale ($70-$100)? I'm in college with a small budget so it's hard to justify spending $150 on jeans?

4. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

revolve clothing has quite a few models, buy from them the first time and you get a 30% off

5. groundkontrol

Thanks! Just looked at the site, where does it say that first-time buyers get 30% off?

6. groundkontrol

I'm thinking about getting my first pair of raw denim and thinking about the WeirdGuy 13oz Indigo which cost $135. What is the opinion on these? Have most people liked them?
    [​IMG]

7. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous Fall Winter 2012 Collection Denim Preview It is time to see what what is coming soon! Here are just a few pieces that we will stock. It is a large collectiona and great as always. These are just my favorires. [​IMG][​IMG] The "Dirty Fade Selvedge" will make its debut this season and available in Slim Guy, Weird Guy, and Skinny Guy and we will stock all 3 fits. Slim Guy is shown above. The fabric is a 14.5oz selvedge that has been rope dyed over brown yarns. Once fading starts to occur, the "dirty" fade will start to appear as the brown yarns begin to show through. Retail will be $158. [​IMG][​IMG] The "Big Slub" denim was introduced in February 2008 as part of the Naked & Famous spring 2008 collection, which was also Naked & Famous' first season as a brand. It was offered in Slim Guy only and has was never made again, until now. Over the years, there have been numerous requests to remake the "Big Slub" denim and finally in fall 2012 the "Big Slub" returns and this time it will be available in both Weird Guy and Slim Guy. Weird Guy shown above. The fabric features an 18oz heavyweight selvedge with a tremendous amount of slub yarns which is the identical fabric used on the original release. We will stock both Slim Guy and Weird Guy of this denim. Retail $215. [​IMG][​IMG] Another style of indigo/indigo selvedge...but this one is a very different fabric. The original indigo warp and indigo weft selvedge which was part of the spring summer 2012 collection is a 15oz fabric that is very slubby. This new fabric is only 12oz and has a smooth surface and texture and will still have the crazy electric blue fading. Available in Skinny Guy and Weird Guy which we will stock in both fits. Retails is $166. [​IMG][​IMG] The Weird Guy Selvedge Chino in Beige has been a very popular fabric since it was first released several seasons ago. Finally there are new colors available. Introducing the "Khaki Green" slevedge chino which is the same 12oz fabric as used on the beige version, except in khaki, and it is an even more beautiful color in person. Available in Weird Guy which we will stock, retail is $150. [​IMG][​IMG] ...also introducing "Sand" selvedge chino. This is a lighter color compared to the beige and very refreshing. Also available in Weird Guy which we will stock. Retail is $150. [​IMG][​IMG] The "Low Tension" selvedge uses a 13.5oz denim woven at a very low tension setting which creates an irregular surface texture. Available in Weird Guy which we will stock. Retails is $140. [​IMG][​IMG] "Pomegranate" is back. The Pomegranate dyed selvedge was originally released in fall 2011. It was a creative design and a beautiful color. It was a very popular model and we continuously get requests every week, so we are happy to see it being offered again. The fabric is a 14oz Japanese selvedge that has been dyed using real pomegranate and a synthetic stabilizer that helps maintain the rich pomegranate color. Available in Weird Guy which we will stock. Retail is $198. [​IMG][​IMG] The "Red Core" is a 14oz selvedge made with red weft yarns overdyed in indigo which creates an indigo jean that will fade to red. This denim will be available in Weird Guy which we will stock. Retail is $215. Also on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/04/naked-famous-fall-winter-2012.html

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The fabric is soft to the touch and very comfortable. Fading is OK, but not prominent. The grey stitching details is quite nice. This is good for a first par.

LHT and Deep Indigo are other good options in WG for a first pair. LHT will be a little crisper and good fading, also becomes very soft with wear. Deep Indigo is very stiff and heavier and will result in the most prominent fading.

9. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Regular Guy is going to be a permanent fixture, or is it going to be a one-off more along the lines of the Weird Guy High? I'm only asking because there was no mention of it in the preview.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

From what I've gathered, they are testing the market.

11. Maegnus

Maegnus Well-Known Member

After extensive research, I've decided to try out this raw denim thing (I love my boring levis 513s and 514s).

Picked up my first pair of N&F jeans last week (solid black weird guy in a 30) and I'm thrilled with the fit. I've been wearing them a bunch and love how they are softening up and starting to fade.

I was thinking my next pair would be a standard dark indigo, but if pomegranate is coming back then I would strongly consider grabbing them. I also want to go back and try on one of their shirts. The guy in the store said they fit super slim.

12. cbxk

cbxk Member

I decided to trade 'em in for a size down (29's), they should be here early next week. I'm not really expecting to win the contest, but I will try I suppose

13. andreweezer

andreweezer Active Member

Does anyone know how much the Broken Twills (Skinny Guy) will stretch? I'm debating going down a size to a 30, since they fit nicely straight from the get go and I had no problems doing up all the buttons. Has N&F sizing also changed? Because I tried on a sz 30 pair of Black Power Stretch (Skinny Guy) when the brand first came out and it was extremely tight compared to my current 31s.

14. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

Does anyone have recommendations for jeans with a similar fit to Skinny Guy but more crotch space/higher rise? Sagging them is ok but not ideal.

15. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

Completely different fabrics so they fit differently

16. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I'll definitely get some pictures of it up soon. I got it from a local store in Edmonton. But it's available online, from places like Tate + Yoko and other retailers, I'm sure.

17. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i think its in there forever, i would need to tear off the stitching. its a 1mm piece of plastic shouldnt be a problem

18. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

I've got some lightly used sz33 skinny guy nep denim's in B&S right now, if anybody's looking to pick up a pair for cheap.

19. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior member

Whats the difference between the "low tension" and japan heritage? Wouldn't the denim be pretty much the same?

20. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

i bought one online because there is apparantly no place in toronto that stock it, well even better i got it for like 60 dollars cheaper than if I would have bought it in person

I havent seen a regular fit pic here yet, but i'll post fit pics when i get it

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012