1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

His pair is just awesome!!!! congrats man!

2. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

thanks a lot guys. I love breaking in jeans. It's a cool art project I can do everyday by just wearing jeans and living life.

3. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

So what are you gonna do for your custom jeans??

4. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

hahah go nuts and make something crazy..... like

32oz
    indigo warp
    black weft
    green core
    LHT on the right leg and RHT on the left like those samurais
    double weave
    alternate weave
    big slub
    nep
    hidden rivets
    flannel front and back pocket bags

the REAL frankenstein hahahha

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Hey guys,

Here are some pics of the Indigo Weird Guys I had to retire last week because I blew out the crotch and then ripped a huge hole in the same spot later that day. They are 1.5 years old, hot soaked once and washed in the dryer once (with hot dry). Next to them are my new Indigos (which actually look black-ish in the natural sunlight outside), which I'm debuting tomorrow! They're not the craziest faded pair, but you can definitely see the difference between the two pairs. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Oh yes.... please say yes

7. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Not much progress. I'm finding them hard to wear because of the color of the denim (only really goes with black and white shirts).
    I need to pick up some indigos or something that I can rock more often.

8. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

I have to agree on the NF leather belts. not very impressed in person with those.

9. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

Yeah I can't really see them being worn with blues or bright colours. Good thing I have a ton of white, beige, brown, grey, black neutrals. If its not much of a hassle, could you measure your jeans BIG style for me please? Tyvm

10. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

Congrats Mike...certainly well-deserved!

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

off to go try on n&f chinos. local store just got n&f in.

12. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

No problem, but right now I'm and Maui and didn't bring them with me. I can get measurements and more picks next week (I wear a 36 so don't know if that will help any).

Unrelated question: I like wearing light colored shirts (especially white and light grays) with my jeans, will a pair of indigo NF's discolor those color shirts?

13. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

I have a the natural belt and I really like it, though it's a little thick

14. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

No idea mate. They want me to send them my contest jeans and in return they will let me choose another pair of N&F off tate&yoko, this is in addition to the jeans I can design. I may let my mate who took the photos pick what he wants though he knows nothing about raw denim. The guys are sending me fabrics to choose from and sample leather patches and stitching so I can look at everything in person. I don't know what my options are but I hope to make something that original. I am also not sure what cut to choose. I am thinking about the regular guy but I have yet to see fit pics.

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Quick fit pic/super-awkward pose. Weird Guy Solid Black selvage, sized down one (to a 29). Really happy with the fit.

Thanks to Alex at Tate + Yoko!

[​IMG]

Also, they're sulfur-dyed, so there's a vague hint of sulfur smell (which I don't particularly mind), but nowhere near as strong as some sulfur-dyed Ande Whalls that I have.

FWIW, the jeans are darker than they appear in the photo. I purposely washed it out a bit so you can see at least a tiny bit of detail.

16. Nil

Nil Senior member

I washed my WG blacks immediately due to that sulfur smell. Way too strong for me. Good news is the wash took care of it right away and they've been my favorite jeans since.

17. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

I'm sure whatever you make will be cool and im sure if you ask they'll send you some fit pics of the regular guys, btw hows your NF belt look my black ones looking pretty good now i'll have to get some pics up later

18. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

Hey Slater, my comment is unrelated to this post. But I didn't get a response to an earlier question, it was an old post though so I'm sure you missed it. I just wanted to ask if you used the dryer after the hot soak when you shrunk the Melton/Canvas jacket? I am roughly the same size, S, and need to coat to shrink down a lot.

19. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

Just to put it out there I have a pair I want to sell on the cheap. It bought them in my regular weirdguy size but they don't fit so I'm going to buy another pair after I sell this pair. So if you or anyone is interested let me know.

20. knucks

knucks Senior member

YES YES YES on the regular guy. Am now the proud owner of the slim guy chino.