Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jim_n

jim_n Senior Member

does leo boutique have a big selection of n&f? they dont have much in their online store

2. jaychiz

jaychiz Distinguished Member

this thread is going mainstream

3. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

Popped into leo boutique today actually, the staff are rude as shit and try to push sales on more expensive items that I have zero interest in all the time! IMO F that shop, but their selection is very small & I was told that there is a "waitlist" for items to come in in certain sizes...obviously if that many people want a certain size they're going to bring a heck of a lot more in or they'll be missing out on a lot of money. I'm sticking to BlueOwl online, Boutique Tozzi(mtl), Les Etoffes (mtl), Rooney Shop(mtl) and Fourhorsemen online.

sorry to answer your question no, not many items. 1 glow in the dark, 2 blanket lined, few nep denim,few LHT,tweed fill (larger sizes left only, duck canvas pants, slim shirt (red & blue), reg. shirt in red, workshirt blanket lined and terry hoody in charc.

4. Donut

Donut Senior Member

^If you're ever in edmonton drop by High Grade at West Edmonton Mall. Big selection of N&F and I was surprised they were carrying barney's exclusives like glow in the dark and the reverse fades. Other then N&F everything else they sell is shit.

5. cb_32

cb_32 Distinguished Member

imo retire adidas

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Distinguished Member

Quality of momotaro x n&f (skinny guy) vs to broken twill selvage/deep indigo selvage? Natural indigo's quality is shit, so i dk if I should buy anything besides collabs.

7. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Collabs are way nicer from what I've seen. But there is a decent price difference so you do get what you pay for.

8. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior Member

what about japanese heritage?

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Every collab I've seen is just leagues above the usual N&F. Price difference is obvious.

10. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior Member

I own 2 collabs The Momotaro and the Big John ones. They are a lot better than the normal NF as everyone says and I own like 6-8 other pairs of NF. When they go on sale tho they drop fairly significantly.

11. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior Member

I actually put my Heritage's up there with my collabs because I like the fabric that much but the quality and detailing I would definitely give the edge to the collabs.

12. highway

highway Senior Member

you gotta get the collabs on sale. . . they are more expensive since they are made outside of canada -- therefore, the import tax is imposed on them, since they are a manufactured item outside of the country, whereas the others have only the denim itself imported and are assembeled in canada. brandon talks about it in one of his interviews.

13. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

I think another part of it is the craftsmanship. Some of the collabs are with some of the better denim companies in Japan.

14. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Distinguished Member

AFAIK, the Japanese Heritage is still made by N&F themselves in Canada, so the construction quality won't be as good as the collabs that are actually made in Japan by the Japanese denim companies.
    This is definitely true. Also, the Japanese collabs have other details that regular N&F jeans don't, such as hidden back pocket rivets, which cost more to make.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

15. highway

highway Senior Member

you really think that 4 rivets cost $100?