Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Tgains96

Tgains96 New Member

Thats to bad they don't stretch in the thighs, i really like these but they are wayyyy to tight in the thigh/ass.

2. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

give them time they will stretch in the thighs a lot. The area between the waist and upper thigs. (basically the whole butt and seat area) doesn't stretch as much.

3. imezru

imezru New Member

hey, new here.

thinking about picking up a pair of N&F black selvedge that i've seen on ********* and had a question about fits. thinking about getting the 'weird guy' fit. i own 514 levis and uniqlo made in japan slim straights, both in 31 waist.

i was wondering if the 'weird guy' is similar to those two in fits. and i've seen that N&F are vanity sized so i should get a 32 or 33 right? i'm looking for a little lose fit, i like to wear my jeans right above sag level.

thanks in advance!

4. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

size up one then. i had the same problem with my WG grey selvedge. buttoned up but wayyyy too tight in the seat area even after like 10 wears. i sized up one and just got my size 29 yesterday. and even after one wear today they're feeling much more comfortable.

5. claerion

claerion Active Member

I had the same thing with my grays and I got the 29s, but after ~5 months, now I wish I had gone with another size down. There's a huge amount of room in the thighs. I just ordered some broken twills in skinny guy hopefully the thighs will be better with them. I'm going off the measurements on blueowl so I'm sure they will be better, now I'm just hoping they won't be skin tight.

6. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

wow really? maybe you just lost weight haha. but seriously, because i don't think that they are supposed to stretch THAT much in the thighs.

7. Donut

Donut Senior member

I can vouch for the hoodies. I'm an XS and I got a size small and it looks similar to the blue owl fit pic on me. At first I didnt like the baggier fit, but it grew on me and i love the fabric. Definitely not as slim as my W+H but I still love it.

8. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

vanity size means you want to size down. i've tried all three jeans you mentioned and of all of them WG is tightest in the thighs.

9. imezru

imezru New Member

ok. thank you bik2101. i was looking for a good pair of black selvedge denim and came across N&F. the uniqlo are pretty tight in the thighs for me. know of any other brand that makes a reasonably priced black selvedge denim?

10. datacore

datacore Member

what colour shirts/tshirts go well with the selvedge ducks?

11. juhan

juhan Senior member

personally, i think the duck canvas colour is really great.. decent enough when pair with either white or black t shirts.. sweater with plaid shirts looks nice as well..

12. juhan

juhan Senior member

sorry double post, anyone with experience with n&f hooide give some advice on sizing?

im a 38 for chest measurement.. afraid that xs will be too tight on me..

13. kilgore

kilgore Well-Known Member

i'm a size 40 and a medium fit well for me. don't know if sizing changed for the current run but a small should be good for you.

14. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

Anybody have the WG tweed filled denims? Haven't come across any measurements yet and Blueowl doesn't carry that model online so wondering if they fit like a normal weirdguy

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

So I had previously bought a pair of slim guys in size 32 and they ended up stretching a lot. I ordered a size 31 and my package is being pressed on my the fabric, I have worn the jeans maybe 5 times, but for a long time. Are they going to stretch more or is this all? I am wearing them where they should be, they are not on my navel, they are maybe two inches maybe more from it. The buttons are on top of my package if that helps.