1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

How so? They're both taper cuts, so that at the very least puts them in the same ballpark.

I own both: the average joe has a higher rise and is a touch more relaxed in the thighs. Hell, I'd call both "slim taper", with the weird guy being the slimmer of the two.

Sooooo...care to elaborate?

2. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

youre actually looking for me because i reposted his frank2s on to the misc thread loooooool

probably because the WGs are seen as a heavy taper. i wouldnt compare anything with a slight taper either because i really need the small leg opening since i have small feel but at the same time i need some room in the thighs because i lift.

3. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

4. Aniki

Aniki Active Member

It's not raw indigo, you're not going for fades, wash them like regular pants. It's kind of crazy how the raw denim scene makes people apprehensive about washing anything the regular way.

1 person likes this.
  5. A.Rhyming.Ape

A.Rhyming.Ape Member

I wear size 33 Unbranded Tapered.

What size NF Weird Guys should I get? Should I get 33 since I heard Unbranded is made by the same people that make Naked & Famous?

6. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Senior member

Yes... go for size 33 in WG fit as well.

7. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

Anyone know the effect of the elastaine in super stretch jeans? It's 5%.

I've had a pair for a day or so, worn them non-stop but not seeing any stretch in the thigh area yet which is where I really want it too. Any ideas on how to make it?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  8. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Senior member

Dude, you gotta give them more than "a day or so" to stretch out. Give it a week or 2 and they'll be perfect.

9. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

This applies for stuff with elastaine in too? Apologies, I know I sound appallingly ignorant, I'm just cautious because this is my first pair of raw denim (value for money, but an expensive mistake if it goes wrong) and I know N&F doesn't stretch as much cause of the quality. What's more some denim I've owned in the past containing elastaine has been more hesitant to stretch, not less.

10. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

You should size up or simply not size down for stuff with spandex/elasten . Stretchy denim will 'automatically' stretch the moment you put them on, they won't stretch more over time. If you size down it will make your legs look like sauges even if they 'fit' You. When buying strechy denim buy them the way you want them to fit maybe a little bigger size the shape/sizing will always remain the same.Hope this helps...

11. Zim333

Zim333 New Member

Hello guys!

I'm going to pick a nice NF pair and I hope you will help. :)

Firstly according the fit. Generally I wear something a bit baggy (low rise, on my hips) and definitely not skinny and not too tight. So what should I pick? Slim guy or weird guy? I saw a couple of picks and weird guy looks a bit too tight on them. Is it true and the better choice for me will be a slim guy?

Secondly according the denim itself. I like "soft" denim mostly that is not too thick. Also this time I want to buy denim that will show minimal amount of fades/washes/dents etc. with age (this sounds a bit strange I know :) ) and will save it's own color. What type/color will be the best for me?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Nick.

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

If you want something baggy, N&F probably isn't the best brand to look at for you. Almost all of N&F's cuts will fit slim to skinny if you size them so that the waist fits. The only cut that will fit baggy when sized so that the waist fits is the Regular Guy, and that one only comes in one denim AFAIK. Of course, if you don't mind having a loose waist, you can size any of the cuts to fit baggy on you.

13. Howard Roark

Howard Roark Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure N&F is 1 size smaller than UB, in which case you would get a 32 in N&F. UB has measurements on their website. If you could find a measurement chart for N&F you could get an objective answer to your question.

14. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

32, WGs are vanity sized +2 but UB tapered are pretty TTS/+1 so you should get 1 down from your UBs. check the size charts are blueowl, the WGs also stretch more

that depends on how big you are, measure your true waist and upper thighs. if youre skinny/slim, WGs or slim guys will look baggy on you but if you workout or have bigger quads theyll look tight on you. if you dont want it to fade id suggest either some overdyed or some light weights

15. Zim333

Zim333 New Member

Thanks for the replies!

For example I wear 30" in WeSC. My true waist is 33". What will fit me best in slim/weird guy?

16. commodorewheeler

If you want the waist to fit, you'll probably be a 30 or a 31 in both cuts. Be aware that unless you are really skinny, though, the legs will fit pretty tight on both, more so on the WG.

17. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

not sure about the slim guy, but the weird guy is a low rise so you'll want to measure where the WG woudl actually end up sitting which is at about your hips, not your waist. from that measurement i'd say go down two and that would be good sizing.. but, as mentioned in another thread, and something i woudl definitely agree with, measure your thighs and get pants that will first fit your thighs, and then you can look at the waist measurements.

the thighs, especially for a lot of these slim/tapered jeans, is definitely gonna be the most important measurement (imo) to take into account.

18. commodorewheeler

Slim Guy is low-rise as well. Front rise measures the same as the Weird Guy, back rise is a little bit (0.25"-0.50") higher.

19. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

hey do any of you guys know whether the regular cut will be released in any other denim other than the lightweight and regular indigo?

especially deep indigo or elephant

20. commodorewheeler

I'd imagine that it will if it sells well in the current denims that it comes in, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.