Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. juhan

juhan Senior member

im only 5 foot 8. but i should probably wear them for at least a month for the stacks to settle in then i guess..

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Take a look at Blueowl.us for measurements. You would probably be a 29 ir 30 WG although I'm not sure about slim guys

3. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

I'm 5'8 about 140 something.

I wear a 28 in WG easily.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. juhan

juhan Senior member

^^ thigh matters most in one's decision on which fit and size to buy.

also @ ac_slater, since we are both the same height, do you happen to stack your jeans? and whats the length of the inseam? thanks :D

5. surly19

surly19 Well-Known Member

What do you think of this fit? N&F WG Indigo Blue Selvedge.

I need to size up 2 to get my ass and thighs in comfortably. This leaves me always having to wear a belt as the waist is loose and these are brand new and will stretch even more.

I believe I read if I soak just the waist it might shrink a little. Is that a good idea?

I'm used to wearing tight, slim and straight jeans. So cuffing and stacks are new to me and I'm trying to do it right and get used to it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

very very true. like ac_slater, I'm the same - 5' 8" 140 but I can't get into 28s. just bought a pair of 29 WGs in hope they will fit better.

7. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

If my skinny guys are still very tight after about 10 wears (not consecutively) does that mean I should size up next time, or do I just need to keep at it?

8. ToDie4Style

ToDie4Style Well-Known Member

Anyone????

9. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Depends on the fabric, which Skinny guys do you have?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  10. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Raised selvedge. I assume for most sizing down would be okay, but maybe for fabrics like raised selvedge or elephant I would need to go up?

11. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

If you live in a place that actualIy gets cold, I don't think they'd be too hot. I think they're sweet. If I didn't live in LA I'd want a pair.

12. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

so i have a pair of weird guy grey selvedge size 28 that i am able to fit into. its tight but not unbearable. the only problem is that i really can't use my pockets haha. it's just too tight to be able to get in and out of my pockets without a struggle. is there any way for me to stretch that out ? i did buy another pair size 29, which should be better for that but i was just wondering

13. ToDie4Style

ToDie4Style Well-Known Member

I'm in NYC. They'd be ideal for walking around the city, especially at night when it's frigid cold but I'm not sure how they'd feel once I get inside. I used to wear long johns :embar: underneath my work pants, but when I settled down in the office after my commute, I would be dying cause they were too warm.

14. iamfrancois

iamfrancois Member

Thanks! Got the 30 and 31 elephant 2's today. Tried both on, decided to stick with the 31, wasnt ready to put up a fight to get the buttons done up on the 30. The 31's fit me perfect right now, still a little tight around the waist, leaving me a bit of room for stretching.

Whats the deal with pre-soaking, never done this with my raw denim, but people seem to be fond of it. Should I pre-soak my new elephant 2s?

15. TheJer

TheJer Active Member

Got these Slim Guys about a year ago. They've probably only gotten about 6 months worth of wear into them though. Thought I would toss some pics up, see what people think I should do with these. 0 washes, 1 hot soak. The waist got really loose (I sized down 1 to a 33) and that is when I soaked them, since then (was probably 7 months ago, but that was about the end of jean season, just recently started wearing them again) they've rapidly loosened again.

Had to had the pictures on my phone, so not the best quality ever, sorry. Not sure what to do though? Should I just keep going as is? Should I wash them? Just soak again? I knew these didn't fade too quickly, but it seems like nothing is happening besides the wallet and phone impressions.

[​IMG]

I've had had jeans with such tight pockets. Its actually a struggle to get my hand into them and they are very shallow. Thus having a big smart phone, it quickly made an impression and actually has started to create a tear that I'm sure will become a nice hole soon...

[​IMG]

Which you can see a little bit better in this one. I'm wearing them now and can see the threads separating.

[​IMG]

The knees are getting some creasing and very slight fading

[​IMG]

As are the backside. The wallet faded in well, but that seems to be about it.

[​IMG]

Lastly, I'm 6'4, so these are just barely too long for me (I wear a lot of low tops, I'm assuming with high tops I wouldn't need to cuff) so I constantly have them cuffed and they are definitely showing signs of wear from it. Anything to be concerned about? Any chance of them ripping all the way through?