Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of Elephant 2's in WGs,my TTS is 32 but i only sized down -1 on the elephant 2's instead of the normal -2 for WGs because of how thick the denim is. Depends on how you want to wear them, I would suggest trying some on at a local shop if there are any near you. I couldn't button my bottom buttons on my E2s for a few days, I ended up doing a 20minute soak with them so I could button them (first pair i've ever let touch water unnn). Have a little over two weeks of straight wear on mine & have softened up nicely, not much for signs of wear fading wise because i opted for more of a relaxed fit. May I suggest Japanese Heritage, I don't have these myself yet but have seen them in a few sops and they're very nice denim & come in WGs.

2. cssisco

Ladies N&F denims on PLNDR right now at 50% off...

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

Hey guys,

Can anybody tell me how much I can expect my Left Hand Twill WGs to bleed? Contrary to a lot of members on this forum, I prefer to keep my white CPs relatively white. :) If the consensus is that they bleed a lot, I'll just pair them with black CPs for the first few weeks.

4. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

Of ourse they're going to bleed. Denim with dark washes even bleed on shoes. If you get blue on the leather, you can just clean it. It's pretty simple--a wet rag, an eraser, a cleaning product, etc. Doesn't take much time or effort.

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I'm not sure. But I'd suggest asking Jay at Blue Owl Workshop. He was very helpful with N&F sizing for me and I'm sure he knows how much each denim bleeds.

That said, if I'm not mistaken the LHT is a newer denim for N&F so there might not be a lot of information available yet. To be safe, I'd wear your black Common Projects. I'm just jealous you've got multiple pairs. They're the best.

For everyone else here, I'm selling my N&F Skinny Guy 15 oz deep indigo, size 34, in the selling forum. See my signature.

6. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Which fit do you think goes best with clarks desert boots?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

7. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Mine bled quite a bit before my first soak (with cuffing), so if you're that worried, I'd keep them away from the CPs. Not bleed on furniture level, but noticeable on light colored shoes. Although, as CPs aren't suede it shouldn't be too much of a problem to clean them if there is a bit of bleeding.

8. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

The leg openings on the weirdguy and skinnyguy are pretty close, I wear my db with my weirdguys all the time and i think they look awesome. Tapered enough so it doesn't go over the boot, but loose enough so its not all stacked up and weird.

9. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

WG looks great with about any boot or chukka.

10. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

I just soaked my brand new elephant 2s.....now the whole tub has a blue ring fml
    how long was ppl's break in period for them? i have a feeling they're gonna be able to stand up on their own once it dries

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

^ within a couple weeks they will be very comfortable.

speaking from experience with 24oz denim.

12. cssisco

I worn mine for a week, then did a soak and after another week of wear they were very comfy

13. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

measurements for duck slim guys would be good. not sure why blue owl doesn't stock slim guys!

14. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I just picked a pair of silk denim skinny guys from Buffalo Exchange for a cool $48, fit like a glove...gotta love that place.

The jeans are extremely soft and stretchy (obviously). I can see almost no fading or evidence of any wear at all, just a dangling thread here and there. Now I don't know if I just got really lucky and found a brand new pair of N&F denim for $50, or the previous owner just washed them too early, so now they just won't fade, or if the silk just makes it so these jeans don't really fade like other, standard denim types. I don't think I have ever seen a fade pic of these jeans, so I really have no idea what to expect.

15. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

wearing glow in the dark jeans to a wedding is trying too hard