Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

@Surly: I do. My work horse is a D-16GT. I'd love to have a D-15M in my line up.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Those look a bit tight to me. They may stretch in a way which eventually results in a solid fit, but I would not suggest it is a guarantee.

3. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

Does anyone know if the NF Ducks stretch? I'm confused on if I should go TTS.

4. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

Adding to all the duck questions.... does any know the measurements of the ducks in the Slim Guy fit?

5. AirRayAllen20

AirRayAllen20 Active Member

I haven't done any measurements on them yet, but I'd say they're probably the same measurements as blue owl's. I got a tagged size 31 which is an actual 32 inches

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I bet they stretch a bit but not nearly as much as denim.

7. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

I'm stuck in between sizes.. either go -1" or + 1/2" trying to figure out what would be the better fit taking into account of washing + stretching.

8. highway

highway Senior member

-1" is a lot imo. . . depending on the size/style, id prob go +0.5"

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I have Duck Slim Guys and I believe they stretch rather easily. However, I wear them belted, which is largely my strategy for all pants.

Buying something sized up is tricky. If they simply slide a quarter inch lower, the extra size is completely negligible. If you have a tendency to stretch pants and they fall off you, it's a bigger deal.

I'd go down if I were fairly certain that the legs would be appropriate. WG cut for example is pretty easy on the legs, SG too, SkG less so.

10. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

how is the waist on the Slim Guys relative to the tagged size? Did you size down?

11. Irritated Skin

Irritated Skin Member

I received a pair of japanese heritage weird guys yesterday from cosmic bobo. The material is great, way better than my unbranded jeans. And they already stretched a bit after only 2 wears :D

12. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

fit looks kinda awful, unless you like the jeggings look.

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: 10oz Selvedge Duck - - Selling very fast! [​IMG][​IMG] If you are still considering a pair, do not wait much longer. Today,we received a shipment filling up a few sold out sizes. As of right now, Weird Guys are sold out of all sizes 32 and larger and cannot be restocked, sizes 28-31 are available and we have at least 3 per size. Skinny Guys are limited, but another 25 pairs will arrive in 2 weeks and all sizes 28-34 will be in this shipment. E-mail us to reserve a pair from this shipment if your size is currently sold out on our online store. Slim Guys can be special ordered and a few more just because available, but only limited sizing, e-mail us for information. Below are more details about the duck canvas. Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" 10oz Selvedge Duck Canvas in Vintage Khaki Brown
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes availabe 28, 29, 30, 31
    - Made in Canada
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7988000 Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" 10oz Selvedge Duck Canvas in Vintage Khaki Brown
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes available 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
    - Made in Canada
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7988001

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Slim Guys are vanity sized. In general they are 1.5 to 2" vanity sized, if I recall, about the same as any given Weird Guy.

15. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: 14oz Pomegranate Denim [​IMG] Introducing Naked & Famous' newest creation...pomegranate dyed denim. The fabric used is a 14oz Japanese selvedge that has been dyed using real pomegranate and a synthetic stabilizer that helps maintain the rich pomegranate color. Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Pomegranate 14oz Selvedge Denim
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes availabe 28-34
    - Made in Canada [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7984999 More details can be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/naked-famous-weird-guy-14oz-pomegranate.html.