Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ispace

ispace Senior member

For a selvedge khaki pant it's pretty good.

B.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

2. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We ship to Australia. Pretty much everywhere.

N&F did not make that many and I would not expect these to go to sale. We are going to get one more large restock, then that is it until the next production run in fall 2012. It is a Japanese selvedge canvas and the material is the worth the price.

3. tomee

tomee Senior member

thanks, will check it out

4. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

145 for a selvedge khaki pant is pretty damn good.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah from what I've seen it's pretty nice. But Barney's has them so you could probably cop a pair at $80 or so by sale time, although no guarantee you get your size...

6. num21lock

num21lock Member

@AirRayAllen20

Were the measurements for your N&F Skinny Guy Duck true to the Blueowl measurements? What size did you get?

7. RespectableChap

RespectableChap Member

15 wears and my Deep Indigo SkinnyGuys are already fading at the whiskers, honeycombs, back-pockets, fly and stacks with some general atari fades (I think is the right word) from my wearing my belt and my legs rubbing against each other. I have the exact opposite of buyer's remorse.

8. surly19

surly19 Well-Known Member

Hello

First post here. I'm a raw denim rookie.

Just got my first pair of N&F. Weird Guy Blanket Lined Denim in 32.

After a lot of reading I opted for the weird guy cut because of the more room up top and the tapered leg. Not a fan of boot cuts. Also after reading this thread to go for my normal size or even size down. The safest option for me in that case meant 32.

So my story is I have quite athletic legs. Big legs and ass. In the past I've had to waist size up just to fit my legs and ass in comfortably. Usually requires a belt as the waist is too big....

I like my jeans 'tight' but at the same time not to be confused for women's...or look awkward cause of my build. Obviously not so tight that I might rip them open...

Also if anything my legs will get slightly bigger over time...

Attached are a couple photos 30 seconds after putting them on for the first time. I have no trouble doing the buttons up which is great. However they do feel quite tight in the thighs and crotch. I'm wondering how much they will really loosen up. I plan to basically sit around in them every day while I to try and break them in. I also don't plan on washing them for as long as possible. I can go months and months...

Also I'm not sure what the inseam is but it seems quite long. 32 is what normally works for me. Not sure If I should hem these or leave them or what.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. stillife

stillife Active Member

You and I are in the same boat. I recently made my first purchase of raw denim, and it was N&F weird guy. I also have large thighs. We have similar fits it seems. Mine looked largely the same as yours during my initial wear (see my other posts for photos). However, they have stretched considerably in the top block and thigh areas. They still feel snug, but they're easier to move around in, and I've only worn them for about a week. Granted, I've done a bit of jogging and biking in them as well during that time. What is your true waist size? Mine is about 33" so I went with size 30 in the Left Hand Twill which supposedly has a 33" waist measurement. With stretching, I've got a bit of room in the waist, but not enough to require a belt. As far as leg length, I prefer stacking, though mine seems to have a bit less around the ankles (I'm about 5'9"). Edit: Also, with the blanket lined denim, they'd probably look great with a little cuffing, especially in the fall and winter.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

10. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

The thighs & crotch will stretch some, not nearly as much as the waist will. IMO I wouldn't hem the blanket WGs, I personally roll/cuff mine to show the blanket lining. Check measurements before ordering (blue owl) or try on at a shop if possible, I have 3 different WGs,raised flannel (29),blanket lined (30) and Elephant 2 (31). my TTS is 32

11. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

Surly19, those will probably stretch out to be fine. You'll just have to watch out when you wash them and you'll probably have to wear them while wet to make sure they stretch back out. BTW, is that D-15 mahogany or sapele?

12. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

fit looks great man! They'll loosen up in the crotch area soon enough

13. surly19

surly19 Well-Known Member

Ok so I've decided to just take the plunge and see what happens. So the plan is to just wear the sh*t outta them and see how they turn out. I'll post progress pics at a later date...

@MartinLil: Yeah. Martin D-15 Mahogany Dreadnought. Good eye....you play?

14. pharm68

pharm68 New Member

Whats up guys, new on the forum and had a quick question. My true waist is 34, and in paints such as my cords from Jcrew i wear a 32 x 32, which measures a 34 waist and fits great. I also have a pair of Levi 505 32x32 that are a little big,(~1") in the waist but are great in the thigh area. I have a very athletic build, my thighs are large and have a big butt. The thighs of my pants are ~12.5 that fit nice. What would be the correct size for the NF WG? Should i size down to a 31, and have a 33" waist, as it will streech out and have a more fitted look, but at the same time the 12" thigh will be fairly tight. Or do i get the 32 which has a 34" waist and 12.25 thigh, and may streech to much? Sorry for the lengthy question, just asking you guys who have experince with NF what would be the best choice in the long run. Also, my thighs raw measurement at the largest point is just under 24" and im 6"1 215 if that helps? Thanks!

15. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

Good fit. Just cuff them a couple times. And nice big muff.