Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

asked jay too.

"Duck cloth may not get as much wear as everyday denim, thus not as much stretch, so being a touch loose might be better. Definitely do not size down to the point of being skin tight in the waist line, go for a comfortable fit on these and you will be happy."

2. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: 10oz Slim Oxfords - - Restocked [​IMG] We just received a new shipment of slim oxfords and now all 3 colors that we stock are now back in stock. White and gray will continue to be available via special order. Naked & Famous 10oz oxford fabric is made in Japan then imported to Canada and the shirts are sewn in the oldest existing shirt factory which is located in Quebec and founded in 1894. The oxfords have a modern fit which is slim through the arms and body and has darting along the back. Naked & Famous 10oz Slim Oxford in Blue - $115 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991104
    - Fabric is made in Japan
    - Assembled in Canada
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes S, M, L [​IMG][​IMG] Naked & Famous 10oz Slim Oxford in Black - $115 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991103
    - Assembled in Canada
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes S, M, L [​IMG][​IMG] Naked & Famous 10oz Slim Oxford in Black - $115 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991102
    - Assembled in Canada
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes S, M, L [​IMG][​IMG] For more details, please see our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/restocked-naked-famous-10oz-slim.html

3. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Actually this pic isnt bad. They don't seem that much baggier on that one :) Well I think anyways. I used to wear baggy back in times and that's so far from it... ;) I think I'll hem like 5cm.

[​IMG]

4. Aniki

Aniki Active Member

^noticeably baggy imo, especially since this is the skinny guy cut and the momo's are known to stretch a bit. you should benefit from sizing down one from the size you're wearing in that pic for a more fitted look.

5. highway

highway Senior member

nf/momo made these baggier. look at the measurements on the new wg at blueowl. they are fucking huge.

6. Aniki

Aniki Active Member

yeah I'm aware of that, but aren't the one's he's trying on the skinny guys? either way, I tell most people who are unsure of nf sizing to go one down for most fabrics.

7. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

I don't know if sizing down is the problem. My NF x Momo 1 are fairly tight on the waist but a little baggy everywhere below. Weird guy's might have a different taper? But my Skinny guy's definitely aren't slim fitting on the bottom half.

8. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

Anybody who has them wanna tell me how the double blankets feel?

I just ordered a pair.

9. highway

highway Senior member

yup. both collabs are baggy as fuck in the legs.

10. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Well I was pretty sure on the sizing, i have 4 other pairs of NF ;) anyways i wasnt looking for something ultra skinny so this little baggy feeling is really ok to me in the end.
    I think they look great and the fit is cool! I tried today with a double little cuff and it's even better.

11. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

^
    I think they look good man. I personally like some breathing room. I love N&F, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my balls for jeans! I go TTS, period.

12. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

Wondering if anybody has the Denim jacket yet? Holt Calgary didn't have any in stock yet to try on so I'm curious about sizing. I wear a Medium in their Hoodies, Cardigans and SlimShirt.

just snagged a new selvedge flannel slimshirt, it's more of a relaxed fit then the other shirts

13. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

Question for you guys....I soaked my Weird Guy Deep Indigo with only about 20 easy wears just to see how much they would shrink. I lost the stiffness of them which i kinda miss. But, do you guys think I should have waited longer before I soaked?

What are you guys opinion on soaking your sanforized denim? I know it wont really affect the fading since other companies you have to soak first but it doesn't seem like my combs and wiskers are setting in as sharply as I'd like. I mean I guess I could get some starch and starch them..

14. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the roomier feel of the skinny guy on the NFxMomo than the reg NF skinny guys.

15. Aniki

Aniki Active Member

Most people will say you soaked waaaay too early, but then there's the camp of people who always soak their denim before their first wear. I think the generally accepted "pros" of soaking early is it removes all the factory chemicals and starches so your denim is a wee bit closer to loomstate (except it got wet..lol), and though your denim may not have high-contrast fades because of the lost indigo and stiffness, it SHOULD fade quicker. My experience with starching is that it's inconsistent between pairs (even if I spray the same amount) and the crunchiness goes away with just a few wears.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011