Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. sazon

sazon Senior member

yes, I did size up one from my slim guy size. The waist and top block weren't bad at all. It was mainly the rise and the narrow bottom legs. A 10" rise just aint enough for me. Somewhere between 10.5 -11 is much more fitting.

2. stillife

stillife Active Member

I hear ya. Thanks for the frank response. I've heard that the slim guys are actually slimmer in the thigh than the WGs. That the Slims don't have the knee>down taper, but are slimmer in the thighs. Is this true in your experience?

3. apex000

apex000 Member

Does anyone have a fade pic of the reverse fades? I'm thinking of buying them, but want to check out some fades before purchase.

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

Hard to say cuz I really didnt have the WG on long enough. The Slim Guy was slim in the thigh but it stretched quite nicely.

5. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

First time I wear my new momo with the CPs suede shoes and damn, what a mistake. I blue myself! :p And actually I'm not a big fan of the cuffs with these shoes... Anyways here is the shitty fit pic, I have a few others but iphone 3g are just terrible, this is the best I took :( [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

6. highway

highway Senior member

This all looks fucking awesome. . .

You should stack the hell out of these :p

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

7. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

Looks good to me if you sort of like that baggy look. At the same time, looks like you might have been able to size down one? But get those hemmed if you don't like the cuffs (I hemmed mine).

8. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Well I'm not sure, I have difficulties buttoning all the buttons and I have 33 in my other skinny guy pair. The picture doesn't really reflect well but they aren't really baggy (check here : http://imgur.com/8yisV.jpg)... I might hem them yes. First time I don't and I'm not sure I like it or want to stack that much.

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous: 10oz Selvedge Duck [​IMG][​IMG] The much anticipate 10oz selvedge duck has finally arrived. We will stock this fabric in both the skinny guy (pictured above) and the weird guy fit. This is a very limited fabric and once it sells out, it will no longer be available, so don't wait! Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" 10oz Selvedge Duck Canvas in Vintage Khaki Brown
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34
    - Made in Canada
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7988000 Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" 10oz Selvedge Duck Canvas in Vintage Khaki Brown
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34
    - Made in Canada
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7988001 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/naked-famous-10oz-selvedge-duck-canvas.html

10. midijunkie

midijunkie Member

Greetings,

I'm interested to hear what the denim elite think from a critical perspective of the NF x Oni collaboration (cut, stitch, denim quality). I'm relatively new to the Japanese denim world (thank you William Gibson for piquing my interest), and started with just some Unbranded brand skinnys and then NF Natural Indigo Organic (both bought on the cheap). I'm happy with both in their own rights, but know that there is a lot I don't know and/or wouldn't consider. I want to move up to some really seriously top notch jeans, and wanted to gauge opinion on the Oni collaboration as a "next level" on that path.

Thanks,

11. bijox

bijox Well-Known Member

If I am a size 34 in levis and 32 in brand new apc new standards what is my size for Naked & Famous?

12. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

You definitely want to measure your true waist to get the most accurate sizing. But from what you are saying in the other brands, seems like you'd be a 34 or 33 in n+f. People usually size 1-2 down depending on how tight you want them. But my advice would be to either measure your favorite jeans waist right now, and apply to a good sizing chart, or measure your waist and look at a sizing chart.

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I sized down 2 to a 28 so they've stretched, but not that much, more to the point of being comfortable
    no flash. i've been doing a lot of walking, hiking, playing music recently. these take the brunt of the hand rubbing on jeans in the thigh area.

14. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

My waist measures about 30 inches and I wear a 28 in Weird guys if that helps.

To be honest I would probably wear a 27 if they made one.

15. datacore

datacore Member

Noob question
    Will these stretch?