1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

He's probably got a smaller top block.

2. juhan

juhan Senior member

@Jay,

yea im sure i have a 29 tripleW lol.. well no biggie, i will hopefully get to try a 31 soon or maybe wg fit and then get from blueowl :D

3. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

How bad do you get dinged for customs on a pair of denims? I haven't ordered anything from BlueOwl just because I'm worried about high custom charges

4. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

They're 144 on karma right now in the WG fit. I tried these on before ordering them & I did the normal size down 2, fit great. They will still stretch out too it's not exactly a lining, it's two wefts together (doubled faced denim).. They also have a blanket lined Jacket this season as well.

5. Vengo

Vengo Well-Known Member

iirc it was shipped with USPS, and in my experience i have never been hit by customs from things via USPS. It may just be a coincidence, but every single time i get something from UPS or DHL i get hit with huge customs

6. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

nordstrom for easy returns.

7. claerion

claerion Active Member

nordy only has 3 pairs of WG's... I wish they had more as that is where I would go, but they don't...

I got mine from kloop, with a rep code they usually aren't too bad. azalea is another option I think Welcome15 is 15% off. :)

8. philip13a

philip13a Active Member

Where in vancouver (or online for that matter) can i find the ducks? Been hunting everywhere!

9. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

I went to Barneys Co-op yesterday and they did not have the jackets. I really wanted to try one on.

They didn't know if or when they would get them either.

10. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

how much stretching should I expect in the thigh of a considerably skinny jean?

(the momo x nf skinny guys sized -1)

11. highway

highway Senior member

these jeans are super baggy in the legs. . . i don't think you will max them out enough to stretch them. maybe at -2, but -1 is a normal fit imo.

here are mine at -1: http://i.imgur.com/pNmUt.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Mine are tighter at -1. My true waist is 30 and I have a 29 and they have stretched, but are still a bit tighter than that at 7 months.

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

So here's the thing...I'm 39 years old. A dad. Two kids. I've had my fair share of too many guinness and late nate canolis. It's startin to show.
    So putting on the weird guys, I'm thinking, okay maybe a little too narrow in the lower leg for me. Check the mirror some more....ok, maybe too low in the rise for me. But I can swing it. Yeah, I could do this.

And then it hit me.

If I try to squeeze into these jeans, I'm gonna look like "that guy". You know, that guy trying to be hip, trying to be in step with the "young kids" fashions.
    Not all cuts work on all peeps. The Slim guy is slim, but not skinny. It's got a little more in the rise, thigh and straight to the ankle. I feel I can wear them and look decent, without looking like I tried to squeeze into my daughters jeans. No offense to any dudes out there rockin the WG, cuz I know some of you definitely have the body for it. The WG looks so good on models and some people in this thread. Wish it did on me, but it just didnt.

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Just curious Sazon, did you consider sizing up one from your Slim Guy size?

The interesting thing about N&F cuts is that I almost feel no one individual can wear all 3 with strong results. If SlimG is a solid fit, the other 2 are no promises.

15. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

It all depends on the fit you are going for. I wear all 3.

I wear Skinny Guy very skinny. When I wear my WG and Slim Guy i wear them looser. I sport a roll with my slim guys, wear them with some Yuketens, and one of our Oxford shirts and it looks perfect.

Some guys always want to wear something Skinny, so the Slim Guy may not fit that requirement for them. I'm a pretty skinny dude, so when I wear other fits I expect it not to look skinny on me. If a guy with muscular thighs is wearing slim guy, it'll look much skinnier on him, than it does on my chicken legs.