Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

Good although they are going to stretch a bit especially in the waist so keep that in mind.

2. stillife

stillife Active Member

Good. My concern was that they are much too tight.

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any tips of shrinking just the waist on a pair of skinny guys? I have bigger thighs/calves so the waist is bigger than it should be. Thanks

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

If they were unsanforized I'd say you could soak just the waist. Since they are sanforized, I really don't think soaking the waist would do much. You'd get maybe .5" smaller hot soaking the waist, but I don't think it's worth it.

I'd say Skinny Guy is not the cut for your body type. Probably not the answer you are looking for.

5. highway

highway Senior member

You can get TTS unbranded skinnys if you need a 36 or something like that since there is no vanity sizing. . . idk what size you wear, but N&F doesnt have a true 36 in SG since they don't make a 35 and vanity size the hell out of everything.

6. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

A belt? o_O

I have the same problem, most of my WGs are big in the waist but they fit my legs well so I just wear a belt =P

7. schemaless

schemaless Active Member

FWIW, my actual waist measurement is 32" and size 31 Momo collabs fit me best. I was just able to button them up when new, but they stretch out.

8. schemaless

schemaless Active Member

SkinnyGuys generally fit your actual measured waist size minus one, e.g. my waist measures 32" and size 31 SkinnyGuy generally fits me the best (very snug when new).

However, the Left Hand Twill seems to fit bigger than other fabrics for some reason, that was my experience when trying them on, and others I've spoken to have had similar experiences.

All that said, the best thing to do is TRY THEM ON BEFORE BUYING! Crazy idea, I know...

9. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

Did your pair stretch as much as mine?? I have to say my indigo/indigos stretched an insane amount compared to when I first got them.

10. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

Poly800rock, did you use a flash on that picture, or did your legs lighten up that much? I've got some fading on mine, but damn.

Rawasdenim: mine stretched quite a bit, especially in the thigh area. I'm pretty happy about that though because I'm sick of having jeans where I can barely use the pockets.

11. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

Oh don't get me wrong I'm glad they stretched but mine did a majority of it in the waist, as for those vertical fades mine are doing the same thing its great!

12. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

thanks for all the answers guys, I'll probably just stick -1. I'll post pictures later.

One more question: Momo collab sgs or 26 OZ heavyweight black wg's

13. schemaless

schemaless Active Member

What kind of question is that? :) They are completely different jeans in every way.

SkinnyGuy and WeirdGuy fit very differently. Have you worn either style already? It really depends on your body shape and personal preference.

14. Irritated Skin

Irritated Skin Member

It's nice to see that the japanese heritage can fade. How long have you been wearing them? And how would you describe the stretching? I have read that they are made in a loose tension weave, so I was thinking that they could stretch more than normally.

15. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

I have -1's. The rise is painful. It's like a free kick in the nuts everytime I wear them.