1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior Member

Do these come in any other cut?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

2. Mesta

Mesta Senior Member

Yea I know :x iphone 3g pics suck tho and lighting at home sucks as well. I'll try though it won't give justice ;P

3. eugen eugen

eugen eugen Senior Member

what cut will the 32 oz be? i only like the skinny guy much :).. i think it will be weird guy though:(
    i would get the thights tapered, but which tailor would be able to do this to 32 oz denim ^^

4. claerion

claerion Active Member

On the karma site they have the description of the LHT as

The Skinny Guy Jeans in Left Hand Twill Wash is made from 80% cotton, 20% linen, and features five total pockets, button fly, and a leather Naked & Famous belt patch.

20% linen, really? Blue owl says 100% cotton. What are they? I'm thinking they are 100% cotton, but I wouldn't know I haven't handled them.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of LHT, anyone with some faded ones have pictures? Or recommend a different model for just a basic pair of darker denim?

5. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

38 Days in.

6. eugen eugen

eugen eugen Senior Member

7. evolution5v1

evolution5v1 Member

I have the Slim Guys and the tag says 100% cotton. I've only had them a week but they look great. Heard they ran big 1 size but they're my first pair of N&F so I'm not sure.

8. schemaless

schemaless Active Member

K.Loop is incorrect, they are 100% cotton. Likely someone cut and pasted the description from the Linen Blend jeans. Same with the Elephant 2 description also.

Some LHT fade shots here: http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/faded-left-hand-twill-jeans/

9. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior Member

left hand twills remind me a lot of deep indigo.

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Picked up a pair of NF X Oni today, size 28. Waist measures 15" exactly across, thigh is 10," inseam is disappointingly short - comes in at 33.5 on this pair. They are in the tub for a lukewarm soak.

I love the denim, best I've seen out of N&F. I took a bunch of pictures but don't have an SD card reader until Sunday. I'll report on shrinkage. I'm only doing a lukewarm soak as I'll never soak them hot and I can't let them shrink too much.

11. schemaless

schemaless Active Member

I tried on the Left Hand Twill in WeirdGuy and they fit one size bigger too (compared to my usual WG size). I thought it was construction variance, but maybe all the LHT fit big?

They are a lot lighter weight than the deep indigos, and look a bit cleaner when raw too, at least to my eyes.

12. Brattman

Brattman Senior Member

Did you get those from Barney's? Also, what's the price tag on those bad boys?

13. MIKE_JE

Barney's, $275. Hanging to dry now, will be until sometime tomorrow. I'm surprised by the inseam length, I hope for others that they have a longer inseam on the bigger waist pairs, because 33.5" is pretty silly, and these are really incredible jeans. I usually go for a 34" inseam and these are probably going to end up at 33 or 32.5" after the soak. :angry:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Haha you didn't happen to pick them up from Barney's SF today did you? Saw someone eying those when I was in there for a bit...

15. MIKE_JE

Ha. Yup.