Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. schemaless

schemaless Active Member

My actual waist measurement is 32" and I fit 30" SlimGuys. The waist should be tight at first, as it will stretch out over time.

Find a retail shop in your area and try them on. No amount of checking measurements is true substitute for actually trying them on.

I based my advice on actual personal experience (I have owned all three fits) and measurements, not pictures. The RVCA Romero claims 16.5" in the knee, and 16.5" leg opening. That's a straight jean, not tapered. I have never seen a pair of WeirdGuy with the leg opening not smaller than the knee, nor have I ever seen WeirdGuys or SkinnyGuys smaller than size 36 with leg openings that big.

Based on the measurements, SlimGuy is the closest N&F fit to the Romero.

2. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Not sure. Email the shop at [email protected] and they'll let you know.

3. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous x Momotaro Collaboration 2 "Weird Guy": Pre-Order for Late September Delivery [​IMG] We just received word that the Naked & Famous x Momotaro collaboration 2 is almost ready. It is just finishing production in Japan and will be headed to Canada to be released in late September. Only 400 pairs of denim were made in the first production and they are predicted to go quickly. As of today, we will begin pre-ordering this denim for its initial release. Final measurements, fit photos, and details will be available upon arrival. Please contact Blue Owl for any further information. [​IMG] The Naked & Famous x Momotaro collaboration 2 denim combines the Japanese artisan craftsmanship of Momotaro and the fit of the Naked & Famous weird guy cut. This collaboration will be very similar to the first collaboration in details, but uses a slightly different 14oz fabric that is expected to fade quicker. Naked & Famous x Momotaro Collaboration 2 "Weird Guy" 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo - $265 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991000 - 100% cotton - Made by Momotaro in Kojima, Japan - Sizes 28-34, 36 [​IMG][​IMG] For more details, please see our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/naked-famous-x-momotaro-collaboration-2.html

4. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Grabbed some elephant 2 today, gonna be some awesome f/w jeans

5. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I want some Elephant 2s!

6. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

fuck, those nf x momos look gorgeous

7. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Where's the pink selvage?

8. Jay-D

It is not the same selvedge fabric as the main Momotaro line, but it is pink selvedge. Same color selvedge as N&F x Momo 1.

9. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

how does the fabric compare to the main momo line?

10. Jay-D

They really don't compare at all, other than the pink selvedge and coming from the Rampuya mill. The main Momotaro line uses the best of the best fabrics that their denim mill is capable of producing and they do not sell these fabrics to other labels. The fabric of the N&F collab is custom made for this collab, has a smooth surface and more modern feel (as opposed to the more slubby fabrics on the Momo main line.) Biggest reason to get the collab is for the Weird Guy fit.

11. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Am I the only person who wants a dark pair of denim that DOESN'T fade quickly?

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

you're not alone.
    i want a pair of slightly darker than normal indigo denim that don't fade well at all.

i think if denim yard is dyed all the way through into the core of the yard and both the warp and weft were "over-dyed" this could be accomplished?

if i recall, IronHeart makes a black pair of denim that are very hard to fade.

13. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

You're not alone.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

+1

15. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

The regular indigo n+f denim is some of the slowest fading denim i've ever owned.. so go for that i'd say if you want a pair that doesn't fade quickly.