Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. b14k

b14k Active Member

Hey guys,

I'm in need of some advice. I bought my first pair of raw denim, A.P.C. petit standard, about 2 months ago. however, i'm not liking the way they look on me at the moment. everything is fine with them besides the bottom half, basically everything after the knee is too small for my liking. I'm now looking into buying a pair of Naked and Famous. According to Blue Owl's measurements, it seems like the skinny guy is the fit i'm looking for. I like the bigger knee measurement and leg opening.

Here are the measurements for my A.P.C. petit standard from Context Clothing. I like how the top fits, but the lower area (knee-calves-leg) is too slimmed/tight (doesn't look like it'll stretch out). the leg opening can't even fit over the top portion of my converse (jack purcells).

A.P.C. Petit Standard
    tagged size- 27
    waist- 29
    rise- 8.5
    thigh- 10.25
    knee- 7.25
    leg opening- 6.25

Vs Naked and Famous' measurements from Blue Owl. the measurements seem to be almost the same, but a little larger towards the lower portion of the denim.

Naked and Famous skinny guy Deep Indigo
    size- 29
    waist- 30
    rise- 9.5
    thigh- 10.25
    knee- 7.5
    leg opening- 6.75

I'm trying to have my denim fit like this
    [​IMG]
    (from naked and famous's website), but with my A.P.C., they're tighter from the knee down.

How would i need to size for skinny guys? I was looking at weird guys, but i think the upper portion (thighs) are too large for me. Would i need to size down accordingly like A.P.C. or would i be able to buy TTS in skinny guys? Any suggestions/advice? Any other brands i should be looking at?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

2. highway

highway Senior member

Just get TTS or whatever size corresponds to the measurements you want. skinnyguys are skinny from the get go. you don't need to downsize at all. if you order from blueowl, im sure jay will sit there and measure pants and find a pair that match those sizes, and ship them.

3. b14k

b14k Active Member

I'm going to assume they don't stretch as much as A.P.C. then? Is there any particular wash you would recommend that are coming out soon or are already out? I've been looking at deep indigo and broken twill.

4. highway

highway Senior member

They will stretch, but I'm not sure how much. I have WGs in Deep and they are great. Super stiff. Broken twill are awesome as well. They fade super fast to electric blue and are paper thin imo from the get go. They are pretty stretchy from what I understand.

5. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

they'll stretch about 1" to 1.5"
    it will be hard to put your jeans on the first couple of wears.

6. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

I tried on some Levis 514 in size 32x34, they are about a 1/4 inch too loose. What style and size should I get in N&F?

Would this work out? ebay.com
    What would be the cheapest place to buy if I live in Canada?

7. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

^
    If you generally like the 514, i think the Slim Guy is the fit for you. I've had many 514s in the past, and I feel the Slim Guy is a bit slimmer.

8. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

How does the sizing compare with Levi's?

9. b14k

b14k Active Member

i've decided to go ahead and purchase a pair of skinny guys from blue owl. Blue Owl listed them as sanforized. Since I plan on getting them chain stitch hemmed, should i leave room for them to shrink in length? I'm not quite sure how much Naked and Famous will shrink. Or should i soak them first then send them in to get them hemmed afterwards

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

^ if you wanna be safe, soak them first

but honestly i haven't noticed any change if i waited and washed them a couple months after wearing.

11. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

You can soak them at first if you'd like, but with my experience with N+F denim, shrinking in the inseam is very little to none. I wouldn't worry about it too much man

12. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

I personally wear a 34 in both 514s and Slim Guys. If you go through this thread, you'll read a lot about sizing down in N&F. This may work for some, but it doesn't for me. The rise would be brutal for me if I went down a size from what I wear in Levi's.

13. teenagelightning

teenagelightning Senior member

Anyone know who's stocking the Indigo Skinny Guy Slub Stretch jeans? Or if anyone wants to get rid of their pair in 30 or 31 (unhemmed) let me know :)

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

In my experience, the inseam will definitely shrink, but realistically it must depend on the fabric which you purchase. I know Deep Indigo shrinks a good bit and Broken Twill a milder amount.

15. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

I guess the new twill pants wont struch that much heh?
    Would you recommend to go tts with that one?