Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

tobi, revolve with coupons

on a sidenote, what does cashmere exactly do to the jeans? warmer?

Probably. And much softer/looser. I have the silk blends. Really soft and comfy. But I get cold if there's wind out since it seems to go right through

2. LVDon

LVDon Member

How long should I wait to wash my deep indigo weird guys? What happens if i wash them too early? I was thinking about taking a swim in the ocean and rubbing some sand on them to increase the fading and then machine wash them and air dry them. Anyone try anything like this before? I hate waiting 6 months before I can see some fade...

3. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Does any one have any "after" pictures of the 21oz jeans ? Would appreciate if you post some or point me in the right direction. Thanks

4. ddragovi

ddragovi Senior member

The cashmeres are extremely soft and comfortable. Pretty much the opposite of the 21oz. They are very thin so I wouldnt expect them to be very warm. Wearing the 21ozs right now and they are good for colder weather.

5. konadog

konadog Senior member

The cashmeres are extremely soft and comfortable. Pretty much the opposite of the 21oz. They are very thin so I wouldnt expect them to be very warm. Wearing the 21ozs right now and they are good for colder weather.

i have the cashmeres and positively love them. they are definitely a thinner jean, no warmer than naked and famous's standard selvedge denim. but after a couple of wears they are extremely comfortable. they crease pretty well too. i wish they came in more colors than just the grey though.

6. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

Does any one have any "after" pictures of the 21oz jeans ? Would appreciate if you post some or point me in the right direction. Thanks

I'm working on it. I have the 21oz slimguy indigo slub and after about 3 months and 1 soak the fades are beginning to set in around all areas; wallet first. I'll post up when it gets a little more prominent.

7. Gayestmanalive

Gayestmanalive Active Member

I think the affiliate from four horseman said that the fades that result from the regular indigo selvedge don't come out looking too interesting, thus he only carries the deep indigo now or something.. anyone else have thoughts on this? I believe they're more expensive, soo.. theres that, and my friend who owns a pair says after 4 months of wear, they haven't faded much at all, which makes sense.

Can someone clear the fits up for me as well? The naked and famous site isn't too much help. My buddy told me that the slim guy cut is their regular straight leg, and their weird guy is their skinny jean, but theres also the skinny guy?

I want jeans that are form fitting, but not super super ultra skinny where my junk is showing through the denim, so I was going to go with weird guy as I know the leg is tapered, but I don't want the upper portion of the denim baggy, I'd like that snug as well? But I'm not sure if skinnyguy would be too small for me? Last time I put on a pair of skinny jeans at express they were just comical.
    Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm a designer denim virgin still, I'm learning the ropes.

My thigs are 23in at the largest point if that helps at all.
    33in around where i typically wear my jeans

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

So is there a group consensus yet? For weird guys what? Size down 2? I've seen some debate over this.. some people even claiming true to size?? ..

I think the affiliate from four horseman said that the fades that result from the regular indigo selvedge don't come out looking too interesting, thus he only carries the deep indigo now or something.. anyone else have thoughts on this? I believe they're more expensive, soo.. theres that, and my friend who owns a pair says after 4 months of wear, they haven't faded much at all, which makes sense.

Can someone clear the fits up for me as well? The naked and famous site isn't too much help. My buddy told me that the slim guy cut is their regular straight leg, and their weird guy is their skinny jean, but theres also the skinny guy?

I want jeans that are form fitting, but not super super ultra skinny where my junk is showing through the denim, so I was going to go with weird guy as I know the leg is tapered, but I don't want the upper portion of the denim baggy, I'd like that snug as well? But I'm not sure if skinnyguy would be too small for me? Last time I put on a pair of skinny jeans at express they were just comical.
    Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm a designer denim virgin still, I'm learning the ropes.

My thigs are 23in at the largest point if that helps at all.
    33in around where i typically wear my jeans (my hips, I have large hips).

I sized down one. I have the black slim guys so I don't know about fading. But the fits are as goes: slim guy - straight cut, weird guy - straight cut with taper, skinny guy - skinny cut. Slim guy is akin to APC New Standards, if you are familiar with those. Personally I like the slim guys best, but a lot of people like the weird guys. I don't know about skinny guy at all.

9. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

I sized down one. I have the black slim guys so I don't know about fading. But the fits are as goes: slim guy - straight cut, weird guy - straight cut with taper, skinny guy - skinny cut. Slim guy is akin to APC New Standards, if you are familiar with those. Personally I like the slim guys best, but a lot of people like the weird guys. I don't know about skinny guy at all.
    weird guy is NOT skinny cut. had a few, sized down 1, fits like a sized down 2 NS. weird guy can be worn skinny or straight with slight taper. slim guy is a combi of NS and rescue. (NS is tapered too)

10. Gayestmanalive

weird guy is NOT skinny cut. had a few, sized down 1, fits like a sized down 2 NS. weird guy can be worn skinny or straight with slight taper. slim guy is a combi of NS and rescue. (NS is tapered too)

So thats to say that weird guy can be worn skinny or straight depending on what size you get?

.?
    I looked at the size chart on tobio.com and indeed, it sizes down 2 for weird guy.

Using measuring tape, I'm 33inches where I wear my jeans. So I should get a size 31 for weird guy? Would this effectively make it a skinny cut? I want skinny, but again not crotch crunching skinny.

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I'm working on it. I have the 21oz slimguy indigo slub and after about 3 months and 1 soak the fades are beginning to set in around all areas; wallet first. I'll post up when it gets a little more prominent.

Thanks, look forward to it

12. bob99

bob99 Senior member

I just saw the black Naked and Famous jeans with gold and silver selvedge at Uncle Otis - interesting look! I've never seen that before.

Unfortunately, these damn jeans just don't fit me. I've tried them on multiple times, and I can't fit my big thighs into it. Either the waist is too large, or the thighs are too tight. I've got to stop cycling. And lose some weight!

Bob

13. Gayestmanalive

*edit*
    Found the appropriate thread.

14. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

weird guy is NOT skinny cut. had a few, sized down 1, fits like a sized down 2 NS. weird guy can be worn skinny or straight with slight taper.

anyone know if this holds true for the grey weird guy? have concerns about stretching, thinking about sizing down 1 for slim straight fit

15. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

anyone know if this holds true for the grey weird guy? have concerns about stretching, thinking about sizing down 1 for slim straight fit
    Sizing for WeirdGuy is typically 1 to 2 sizes less than your true waist, depending on your body type and the denim type (i.e. some will shrink/stretch more than others).

Just to clarify, the WeirdGuy is a taper cut. It is definitely not a straight cut. If you are looking for a slim straight, the SkinnyGuy or SlimGuy are more straight cut (the former is cut slimmer than the latter). BlueInGreen has measurements for the different cuts for comparison.