• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Erenoth

Reaction score
As long as the first two are done, you're probably fine going out in public to wear them in with a longish shirt on.

highway

Reaction score
As long as the first two are done, you're probably fine going out in public to wear them in with a longish shirt on.

Yeah, I usually roll that way anyway, most of my non-selvedge denim fit that way. WGs are the only ones I can get to button up that also fit my legs well. I'm just hoping that with this third button done, I can get them to stretch 1.5"+ but I don't think it will happen. . . who knows though, it's going to have a lot of stress on it if I keep it buttoned.

Erenoth

Reaction score
I couldn't get the third button up for a few days, and wore them around with the bottom two + waist button to stretch the hips enough to get them all done.

philip13a

Reaction score
I guess you have to click on the pictures to see them in colour

highway

Reaction score
I guess you have to click on the pictures to see them in colour

These look great. . . how are the length?

My momo's are starting to break in, I laid down in them and got the top button done, they have been stretching nicely after that. It's really easy to get the top button done now. I guess they feel like a new pair of skinny jeans. These momos are weird because of how baggy the legs are.

My only problem now is which pair of jeans to I want to take with me out west for a week: xBJ or xMOMO? :p

philip13a

Reaction score
^ the length is good(haven't measured them but i'm guessing about 34-35), not too long but long enough for some decent stacks. i also have the mono collabs and the extra length on those are crazy compared to these.

biggerliz

Reaction score
How does Broken Twill compare vs Deep Indigo? I'm looking for a wash that fades to electric blue, and not green/grimey blue. Not sure which one fits this criteria better.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone wants a twice worn pair of deep indigo 29's before they hit b&s hit me up.

k6s

Reaction score
i'm new to raw denim and don't get the advice above about not cuffing these right away. what should i be waiting for exactly?

erockisalive

Reaction score

i'm new to raw denim and don't get the advice above about not cuffing these right away. what should i be waiting for exactly?

Basically if you cuff them immediately the cuff-line will always be there. Personally I don't think it's a big deal since I never wear mine without a a cuff. If you are going to wait, wait for your stacks to settle.

jingerBRead

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Black Power Stretch Skinny Guy??

Just got a pair and I can just get the top button with no sag. Do these stretch out a bit?

jcashen87

Reaction score
i just got 5 pairs hemmed at my local chain stitch specialty store (SELF EDGE SF) and two pairs from Jay @ blue owl. Jay hooked up the japan heritage and the Left Hand Twill in weird guy. My girl has been taking the denim thats been hemmed off and wearing it in with her hands for the LHT and they got soooo SOFT. LHT and Japan Heritage are my favorite so far. LHT is a fraction larger in waist than other weird guys, Jay describes this on Blue Owl so note that if you end up buying a pair. The Japan Heritage is just awesome, the texture, the color everything, i dont like extra heavy denim(im in California could only wear it 2-3months a year) BUT the LHT and Japan heritage are both like 14 oz a little heavier than standard 12 oz and they seem real durable. I can work in them so im going to post fit pics of LHT soon with some wear.

Also i had Slim Guys: Broken Twill & Nep Selvedge hemmed at Self edge. Broken twill is my favorite.
And Weird Guys i had done @ Self edge were the Weird Guy Organics(awesome pair great color and vertical texture). The weird guys regular indigo's(good standard pair) and weird guy lightweight selvedge 10oz perfect pair for california in october when its still warm.

Oh forgot i got the weird guy linen blend(didnt hem) they're so soft they stack up nice and look fine without the hem. Thos are 8oz and are great for warmer times in california too, and also they are softer than sweatpants, Brandon emailed me before i bought them( i was asking him questions through email) and said he envisioned them for a lounge luxury jean, i couldnt agree more. Def not a pair to break in, but a great pair none the less.
I got really good deals on all the denim and i wanted to make a purchase of a lot of pairs so i dont have to get denim for a couple years and i just retired a lot of old denim. But have only had one pair of raws before this but i really like N&F weird guy cut and for the price you cant beat it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads