Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. imgoood

imgoood New Member

hey guys, I was posting using my facebook account over the weekend my name is Ryan Connor, I finally had time to make an account on here. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the responses I got from you guys in a short amount of time. I ended up buying the WG Japan Heritages in a 31. I just got into denim and I am currently obsessed with N&Fs WG fit and the unconventional materials they use. What other companies have a similar fit the the WG.

*again my question mark is broken excuse sorry haha

2. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

I heard Nudies Grim Tim has a similar fit to the Weird Guy. You can also look at Imperial Shearer as well.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking about selling my Big Johns. Not sure if they'll stretch out enough. They're pretty tight right now.

3. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

They don't look too tight DJ, but if you do happen to sell how much would sell for? I prolly shouldn't (bought 10 pairs in last 4 months) but I guess another wouldn't hurt :)

4. imgoood

imgoood New Member

I tried on a pair of grim tims are barneys and they fit a little too tight throughout the legs for me. I tried on a pair of those BJs too and they were super stiff, they felt crazy durable too, I was looking for more of a deeper indigo or else I would have picked those up they were really nice in person

5. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

ToledoStyle, if I do happen to sell it. Probably less than I got it for. I wore it for a day & I'm not sure if I want to keep them or not.

6. highway

highway Senior member

I got my BJ for a steal at $109. Srsly an amazing pair of jeans for the price. If you got a good deal on them, the fit looks good, I'd personally just rock the shit out of them.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

7. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

grim tims aren't similar. the thighs are smaller if i remember correctly.

8. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Dj, hold onto the N&FxBJs. When I got mine last week, I couldn't get a single button up. Just six days later, and they've stretched around in inch in the waist (rough estimate, due to the fact that I can now button them up standing without hassle). Mine look/feel absolutely fantastic, and I'm glad I picked them up as my first pair of great raw jeans. Also, not sure if it's typical or not, but I'm already seeing a small amount of fading on a rear pocket (moleskine volant) an inner thighs. Honeycombs are setting in very closely packed, and I can't wait to see how they fade all-around in the coming months.

Once again, I think you'd be impressed if you break them in a bit more.

9. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

rdgn123, I think that's what I had read somewhere on hypebeast where someone asked what was similar to the WG & someone mentioned Grim Tims. Thanks, I think I will hold onto them. I was able to button all but the 2nd from the top button after a day of wearing them.

10. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

Thanks a lot for the help guys! Much appreciated! I'll just try on different sizes in the store for a while and see what's best. By top block, do you mean thighs, or waist? Because, same as you, TTS would be 38 and baggy as hell. I'm not entirely sure.

11. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Top block is waist/hips/thighs. A simple way to see if it's fitting well in the top block is to sit down in them, and see if they're too tight. Also, if you're worried that your testosterone sacs are dying, then you should probably size up. Speaking from the experience of others, thighs don't generally stretch out anywhere near as much as the hips/waist, and heavy wear areas.

12. k6s

k6s Member

[...]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

13. highway

highway Senior member

Yup, just try stuff on and see what fits the best. Most people have to order online and don't have this option -- hence all of these "WUT SIZE DO I GET?!?!?" posts. . .

Also, keep in mind that this isn't an exact science, and that WG tends to fit a lot of people better than SkinnyGuy, due to their larger thighs and with their +2" measurements on the waist. This allows for them to actually cover the full range of waist sizes, unlinke SkinnyGuy. For example: I just go my MOMOxNFs today in my "proper size". The bigger ones fit my waist a little big, and are MASSIVE in the legs - baggiest jeans ever. Then, the next size down, which is actually 2 sizes, since NF doesn't make a 35 for some reason, fit great everywhere, but the waist is ~1-1.5 inches to short. So, I'ma risk it and try to stretch them, even though my proper size for the jeans would be a 35, which isn't made.

14. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Button them up as much as possible, and sit around a lot. Sitting stretches out the denim rather quickly, but you could also sleep in them for a night or two. Either way, they will stretch.

15. highway

highway Senior member

Yeah, these have a decent way to go still. . . I can get the first 2 OK, the third is a pita, but it's getting better. And I still can't get the top one done -- which I'm OK with. I really hope these stretch out a bunch, because I love the extra length.