• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sazon would you say the LHT is softer than traditional RHT? I've read that its supposed to be but I've read mixed conflicting reports saying it might also be the fabric. I was curious and thinking about coping them as well to go along my other NF denim. My only complaint with NF is I'm not exactly fond of the long belt loops.

Well, its hard to say now, as they are only 3 days old. Out of the box, they're not soft. But they do have an interesting texture thats kind of hard to explain.
I'll try to keep this thread updated how they progress.

I'm off from work two weeks at the end of August and plan on wearing them every day. We'll see what transpires...

bluefields

Reaction score

I'm not going to bother looking through the thread, so pardon my ignorance, but how in the hell should I size for the weird guy deep indigos? They're by far my favorite pair, I just have no idea how to size, because they're stiff as hell. Thanks for any help.

i think most say size down 2.

i had trouble buttoning for a while because of the stiffness alone

Last edited:

jingerBRead

Reaction score

I have a pair and I don't think they've bled on anything.

So do you wear them in the rain or anything?

Trying to find a pair that is water friendly unlike any indigo dyed pair. If an indigo pair gets wet they will bleed on anything they touch, chairs, couches, etc. Are the Black Power Stretch different?

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Well I have the NFXBJ and NFXMomotaro waiting for me to pick up.

I had to sale the 31s in the ** and I thought there was no way in hell I was going to find anymore of these especially after the time and trouble put in to finding the Big Johns. A friend of a friend of a friend works at the Co-op and she was able to find size 32 in the NF and founm.d a 33 in the Momotaro.

I decided to go ahead and get both and paid for them. Instead of having them shipped, I told her I would pick them up on Monday since it is a local store.

I got the NF Momos for the forum as they are not my size. I will be listing them when I get back from the store.

highway

Reaction score
Well I have the NFXBJ and NFXMomotaro waiting for me to pick up.

I had to sale the 31s in the ** and I thought there was no way in hell I was going to find anymore of these especially after the time and trouble put in to finding the Big Johns. A friend of a friend of a friend works at the Co-op and she was able to find size 32 in the NF and founm.d a 33 in the Momotaro.

I decided to go ahead and get both and paid for them. Instead of having them shipped, I told her I would pick them up on Monday since it is a local store.

I got the NF Momos for the forum as they are not my size. I will be listing them when I get back from the store.

I have a pair of MomoxNF in a 36 if anyone wants them before I send them back. I had to go the next size down, and those will be here tomorrow (hopefully). I was going to wait to have them both here in case both don't fit well.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
momoxnf2 will be the same stuff in WG cut.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

momoxnf2 will be the same stuff in WG cut.

Similar, but actually a different fabric which will fade faster. Details on this collab will be coming out probably later this month.

Ryan Connor

Reaction score
I seen the big johns at barneys outlet for $109 today. they had quite a few sizes too. Does anyone know how the LHTs will fit compared to the NFxBJs. Thank you

Ryan Connor

Reaction score
I seen a pic of the japan heritages that were worn for about 4 months and were faded pretty well I think it was on N&F.com or maybe blueowl but in the pics it looked like the faded to a tealish color. has anyone faded a pair of these yet and possibly have a pic of what theirs look like.

MartinLil

Reaction score

I'm not going to bother looking through the thread, so pardon my ignorance, but how in the hell should I size for the weird guy deep indigos? They're by far my favorite pair, I just have no idea how to size, because they're stiff as hell. Thanks for any help.

Psydelik, most here say size down one or two for WG's. I sized down one on my weird guy deep indigos and I wish that I would have gone true to size. I bought my BJxNF collabs true to size and like how they fit much better. The deep indigos will definitely stretch but after washing them for the first time yesterday, they shrunk back to their original size. That was in very cold water, too. I like the look of sizing down one but I also like being able to get my hands in my front pockets and actually being able to step over things, so TTS is what works best for me. It's different for everyone, though. I would recommend buying different sizes and keeping what fits you or taking the time to try them on in person.

highway

Reaction score
Psydelik, most here say size down one or two for WG's. I sized down one on my weird guy deep indigos and I wish that I would have gone true to size. I bought my BJxNF collabs true to size and like how they fit much better. The deep indigos will definitely stretch but after washing them for the first time yesterday, they shrunk back to their original size. That was in very cold water, too. I like the look of sizing down one but I also like being able to get my hands in my front pockets and actually being able to step over things, so TTS is what works best for me. It's different for everyone, though. I would recommend buying different sizes and keeping what fits you or taking the time to try them on in person.

Totally different for everyone, down 2 for me is snug in the upper block, TTS is literally a 38"+ waist that are falling off. Get whatever fits your top block and go from there. . .

xM.

Reaction score
so, guys what's the verdict, LHTs or Deep Indigos?

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
I'd go with the Left Hand Twills. Imo, they look more interesting.

Erenoth

Reaction score

I'd go with the Left Hand Twills. Imo, they look more interesting.

+1

The selling factor of N&F for many is that they use unique fabrics. If you're looking for another pair of raws, you'd might as well get the LHT (even though this isn't entirely rare, either, but it's more unique than their staple deep-indigo).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics