Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

Erenoth, I like to pull the extra fabric up as much as I can, which isn't far, and then carefully push it back down. That helps organize the stacks and after a few days of general wear, they should settle on their own. Have you been able to button up any more of the buttons? I chose to go TTS with my big johns and am reeeally glad that I did, so I'm not sure how much stretch you will be able to get out of this specific denim. Someone else here may have a better idea of the denim's stretch potential.

2. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

In my effort to button the waist button, I ended up somehow tearing the seams attaching the fly; this was remedied when my girlfriend stitched everything back together, and after another night of sleeping in them, I was able to get button the top this morning. I bought the pair 2-3 sizes small to account for a "few" extra pounds of weight loss ahead of me, and tightness aside, am extremely pleased with them thus far.

On a different note- I've been doing exactly what you noted about stacking, and it's looking much better than the first day I had em.

3. effang

effang Senior member

am i the only person who finds the belt loops annoying? why are the NF belt loops made so large? the only kinda belt that fits in those belt loops are wide belts, which i don't even like...such a small thing to complain about but there you go

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ has been an issue since the dawn of NF, but looks like Brandon likes it that way

5. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

I'd have to agree that the wide loops are Brandon's personal touch, as well.

See http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/collection/men/thickbelt.html for an example of how to pair them up, if it's too bothersome. I've read that they're actually quite nice, simplistic belts if you're interested in adding another wearable item that'll patina as the jeans do.

6. philip13a

philip13a Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just copped the elephant2's and they are pretty damn awesome. The denim is really similar to the original elephants, but unlike the first one's i think that these are pretty true to actually being 22oz.

and i only have my iPhone camera but i might get some fit pics up soon

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

7. highway

highway Senior member

Do these fit the same as other WGs? Like, would I get my normal WG size in these? Thanks

I know that stiff pants usually feel a lot smaller/tighter. . .

8. philip13a

philip13a Active Member

Mine are pretty much the same as my other WG's maybe just a tad looser in the wait actually. but i got the same size as my other WG pair and the fit exactly what i wanted

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

9. highway

highway Senior member

great, thanks!!

10. Ryan Connor

Ryan Connor Member

hey guys I am new to this site and N&Fs, i have a pair of black selv. WGs in a 31. I am about 6feet and 15lbs and usually wear 32s in shorts and non denim pants. AAfter trying on a few different waist sizes I went with the 31 they fit kind of tight in the waist and I knew they would stretch a little and the 30s were a little too small in the waist for my liking. I wanted a pair of indigos but they only had the blacks in a 31. I have worn them for about 30 hours total just hanging out around the house after work nothing to physical. The waist has already stretched out about an inch I was wondering if anyone has owned these and how much they ended up stretching overall. My concern is that I could have possibly went down to a 30 and let them stretch.

Also does anyone know how the Black Selv. WGs compare to the Japan Heritages in waist size. I really want to buy a pair online but want to avoid returns if possible. And will they stretch more than my black selvs. Thanks in advanced fellas

11. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Where did you get the Elephant 2s???

12. philip13a

philip13a Active Member

a retailer in calgary, i haven't seen them online anywhere though

13. jingerBRead

jingerBRead Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Black Power Stretch??

I need to know if they bleed when they get wet, i.e how indigo is when it gets wet.

14. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

The original Elephants were advertised as being 19 oz. denim, so I would definitely expect the 2s to be heavier.

The originals were pretty true to 19 oz. as far as I could tell.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011