Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Yes, if the jeans are too big to start with, then the waist being loose will be an even bigger problem.

I sized down 2 from my true waist measurement on mine. For you, I would probably go with a size 30.

AFAIK, Barney's does ship to Canada.

3. philip13a

philip13a Active Member

hmmmmmmmm elephant 2 or japan heritage?
    can't decide

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

lol, isn't Elephant 2 "guaranteed discomfort"?

5. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Jap Heritage, just because... no really, the denim in this pair is absolutely amazing. I think it's more unique than the E2's will be. But then again I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.

6. jcashen87

jcashen87 Member

i just ordered a pair of 33 from tobi, cant wait til they get here. definitely look nice. And i wasnt able to find them anywhere else. I think they are an older model but you could email naked and famous and tell them what city your in and brandon always will tell you where everything is at. They are really good at replying quickly too, an admirable trait in such a fast growing company now a days.

was replying to the post question a few pages back on the weird guy organic indigos, forgot to quote.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

7. jcashen87

jcashen87 Member

Did anyone pick up the Left Twill? Those look pretty interesting.

I just ordered the left hand twill from blue owl, thrilled they do chain stitching im sort of new to raw denim and have gotten 7 other pairs of naked and famous recently and i have to take em to self edge in san francisco which is luckily an hour away, but having the chain stitch done then shipped for free, cant beat it. Ill post detailed pics when i get them, they look like deep indigos a little bit in the pics, and have the orange-ish stitching like deep indigos. they have alost all sizes 28-34 at blue owl besides 33 which is what i got.

8. highway

highway Senior member

No flash, just natural light:

http://imgur.com/a/IC4gu#pa91l

http://imageshack.us/g/813/imag0227medium.jpg/

I was kinda unsure when I bought these, but am very glad I did. They fit great, look great, and are made very very well. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for just a solid pair of jeans.

ALSO: For sizing, my true waist is like a 36, and I wear a 34 in the WG. They fit perfectly like that, so for you, I would def get a 30. It will be a perfect fit.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

9. okay.w0w

okay.w0w Senior member

i sized down 2 on my N&FxBig John's

10. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Sized down 2 as per recommendations, eagerly awaiting a delivery from the FedEx guy today.

11. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair of the Indigo Indigo Slub's from Barney's for the contest. They seem to run a bit small, so I had to go TTS. These fuckers are STIFF. Debating on whether or not to give them an initial soak. I know they're not going to shrink much, I mean to speed up the fading process. Any insights?

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Stiff is good for fades.

Don't soak if you want better contrast.

13. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

Thanks

14. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Got my N&FxBJs, wore em around as much as I could with a lovely thunderstorm ruining all outdoor plans for the day. I sized down quite a bit, and to be honest, can only button the bottom-most bottom for the time being. I think the fit overall is spot on, minus my waist/hip area that I'm having trouble squeezing into. Apparently this is pretty normal, as they aren't excessively tight anywhere else. Here's to hoping a few nights of uncomfortable sleep will stretch them out enough to fully button the fly. Here's some -rather awful- fit pics I took. Disregard the filthy mirror.

Notes: I don't plan on washing these for as long as I can possibly stand. This is probably going to be around the 8 month mark, as I'm sure they'll be a helluva lot comfier during the cooler months then they have been lately. Quick question, as well- are they any methods to get perfect looking stacks, or is stacking just a by-product of breaking in the jeans, and letting creases fall on their own? Am I over-analyzing? Pics:

P.S. - I'll try to get better photos up when I'm home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. highway

highway Senior member

That's pretty nuts that you can't button them up all of the way, or close to it. . . I kinda feel like they would be too small, but if the legs fit, what can you do? They are pretty soft too, so stretching shouldn't be that big of a deal. They might end up being a perfect fit.