Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Member

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm all about the stacks. It's just that the 39" inseam on these is.. a bit much. But I'm glad now that I didn't go get them hemmed right off the bat.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

N&F sanforized denim does shrink a little bit, but IME it stretches back out really easily and really fast even beyond its raw size. I wouldn't say that soaking N&F before wear is silly, because there are other reasons to soak than just for shrinkage, but if you are soaking N&F denim to try to make them shrink to fit better, that strategy tends to work very poorly.

3. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I totally agree. It conforms to your body when it's damp, and sets some great combs.

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Wearing a belt - strategy.

5. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Anyone know where I can find the black oxford in S other than Rooney?

6. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Even with a belt, I've had problems with N&F stretching too loose. The problem is that when you sit down, you stretch out the waist of the denim regardless of whether you have a belt on or not. When you stand up again, the waist is looser. If you do it repeatedly, the waist gets too loose for you in the standing position even if you wear a tight belt. The belt will keep the pants on you, but the waist will bunch up or fold over underneath the belt, and the general fit looks sloppily baggy. It's pretty annoying.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I have the same problem but I think mine is because I ordered them too big, have you considered that being a possibility?

8. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

no way, broken twill is almost black

9. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Kinda but it fades very nicely.

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

This could perhaps be a body type phenomenon. Or your belt has a lot of give to it. I don't know. I forget what the original topic was. Denim waists stretch, it's in their nature. We recommend people buy SkG in a size larger than WG's because the thighs won't fit and stretch be damned. Nothing can be done about it.

11. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Can anyone who owns a pair of N&F x Big John's give any info about the sizing? From what I've read/noticed, WG's are usually 1.5-2" larger in the waist than tagged, and I don't have access to a Barneys to try them on before purchasing (assuming they'll even have any in stock to begin with). If it helps, I'm 32 around where my jeans sit.

edit1: Also, details on the indigo depth of the jeans would be much appreciated, as well. In some photos, they're far too "blue" for my taste, and in others they're at a near-perfect amount of darkness. Ugh.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

12. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

IME, the Big John collabs fit exactly like deep indigo weird guys (Check deep indigo measurements here: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7995901). So, they are two inches larger around the waist than tagged. A 31 has a 33" waist for example. Some size down one in weird guys and some stay tts. If your waist is 32", you may want a size 30 or 29 if you want a tight/skinny fit. Concerning the blue, it's not dark like the deep indigos. It's more of a traditional traditional blue. I wasn't sold on it at first but the color has definitely grown on me. It's nice to have a pair of raws that aren't so dark. I would say Barney's site portrays the color pretty accurately, IIRC.

The denim is high quality and the jeans were manufactured by Big John, so the stitching is much higher quality than what comes out of Naked and Famous' workshop. If you have the chance to cop a pair in your size, I recommend that you do. Great jeans.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

13. highway

highway Senior member

I'm pretty sure that I got the last pair of these from Barney's online yesterday in a 34. They were the only ones listed on the site, and right after I got my order confirmation, the site said they were sold out. Thanks for the review, and I hope I like them. They were a steal at 60% off for $109 shipped.

14. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

Went to check for them today, and I noticed they were pulled off the site, along with the style #. Do you happen to have the style # for the jeans in your invoice, or anything? I called three different Barneys stores, and was told "we don't have them at this location, and can't do a nationwide search without the style #". I'd really like to find a pair and have them proxied, because paying an extra $50-60 for them on eBay is just dumb. Thanks in advance, hopefully you read this soonish. Chris