Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. biggerliz

biggerliz Member

If the Weirdguy tapers too harshly for my liking, would APC jeans be a better fit?

2. meso

meso Senior member

3. UltimateSwag

UltimateSwag Senior member

awesome. thanks....do you have any tailors that you can recommend in any of those cities? I'll probably have to mail them off

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Selfedge San Francisco will do chainstitch hemming. There are several in Los Angeles, including another Self Edge and Denim Doctors...

NYC...SelfEdge, BlueInGreen

Seattle...Blue Owl workshop.

Not sure if all of those will do mail-ins, but I'm fairly certain Self Edge SF and Denim Doctors in Los Angeles will.

Make sure you hem them with a bit of a stack and so that you can cuff. I keep mine at 34" and I am 5'10". Depending on if you want to cuff or stack, 32" would be good for you IMO.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  5. grizzy

grizzy Member

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of the Reverse Fade in a size 31? Checked Barney's but they only have one pair in a 33 left. I usually wear a 32 in skinny guys so I was thinking sizing down to 31 for the Reverse Fade since they are slim guys, anyone have any thoughts on this matter.

6. Guardian

Guardian Member

Just got a pair of the momotaro collab skinny guy in size 29. Everything fits great except the top button is damn near impossible to close. Did I get the wrong size or will it stretch out, and if so, how much wear would this take? I would only need another inch or so.

7. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

How long have you been wearing these? When I got my weird guy deep indigos, I could only get the first few buttons done but could button them all by the end of the day. (To put this into context, I threw on a belt to make sure they stayed on and began a long day of farm work. They had stretched out nicely by that evening. Though, I was doing a lot of physical labor and sweating my ass off in the 105+ degree heat, so that may have sped up the process.) I have found that just sitting and hanging out all day will also stretch the waist on jeans. Just wear them and you should be able to button the top button within a day or two.

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

This is incorrect as a blanket statement. There may exist sanforized denim which entirely does not shrink, but my personal experience with two specific sanforized fabrics by N&F is that they do shrink and significantly so. Deep Indigos and Broken Twill most definitely shrink. They will shrink in every dimension and will shrink significantly in the waist and the inseam (the longest dimensions shrink the most).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  9. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

10. Guardian

Guardian Member

I got them in the mail yesterday evening and I've pretty much been wearing them since. I was able to get the top button to close, and I slept in them, which seemed to make some difference. I'm wearing them to work today to try to stretch it more, but the waistband is still extremely tight, like cutting-off-circulation tight.

Even with the waist issues, the thighs are still looser than I usually like, and the inseam far too long, but I figured I'd try something different.

Is it worth the pain/effort or should I just sell and go for a different size/cut?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The Momo skinny guy collabs are sort of an interesting beast.

Mine were tight when I got them--top button barely on. I can slide them on pretty comfortably now, but it may also be b/c I lost a few pounds. But they really haven't stretched or faded that much (if compared to like APC in a similar time frame).

Also, the cut is definitely roomier in the thighs and the knee if compared to other skinny guys. For example, I wear APC NS most of the time, and when I put on my Momos, it feels basically the same. BUT, when I put on my skinny guy revivals (same exact size as Momo)....I'm like "wow, much tighter"...thighs and knees, definitely tighter, slimmer cut. Go figure.

12. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

reverse fades are skinny guy.

13. Guardian

Guardian Member

Thanks for the insight. I really really love the material and details on these, but I'm starting to think the fit just isn't for me. Oh well, guess it's back to hunting for some new cures/petit standards.

So.. for anyone looking to buy a pair of momo collabs in 29, I'll sell these for 150 shipped. Maybe 12 hours of wear on them.

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

They are an interesting fit. I'm sized down from 30 to 29 on these and actually love them. Just hitting six months and am getting some pretty incredible fading. They don't stretch all that much but enough to accommodate sizing down IMO.

15. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Who bit off of who....