Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

muscular top would look better with a slim guy cut

your legs look so tiny in relation to the rest of your body

2. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Did anyone size down 1 or 2 on the Momotaros and have luck getting them to stretch? I sized down 1 and love the look of the fit and can button all the buttons, but it's definitely a little painful on each side of the fly. There is enough room in the thighs, but it's snug in the front top block. Sure hope they'll stretch, cuz I love em.

I have the same issue on the Japan Heritage. But considering the fact the denim is loose weave, I don't worry about it not stretching. The top button on the fly though, is a pain to button.

3. sazon

sazon Senior member

Can anybody help out please with measurements on Slim Guys?

Recently I tried on some 33's that were ball crushingly tight. I realize they may stretch but I am afraid they won't stretch enough to save my ballskis.

The 34's were a bit loose and I'm afraid they may stretch too much and become loose.

Anyone have 33s or 34s in slim that they could measure the actual waist on? Would greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

4. konadog

konadog Senior member

Recently I tried on some 33's that were ball crushingly tight. I realize they may stretch but I am afraid they won't stretch enough to save my ballskis.

The 34's were a bit loose and I'm afraid they may stretch too much and become loose.

Anyone have 33s or 34s in slim that they could measure the actual waist on? Would greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

Depends on the denim. Which denim are you trying on?

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Do you have an especially fat crotch? The panus doesn't go under the waistband.

6. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

I will definitely do that tomorrow. Thanks man. So how much do Skinny Guys stretch? I don't want to get a 33 and then they stretch out and be too big. And is the dark blue indigo the same as the deep indigo selvedge on the N & F site?

I've never done skinny guys, but it seems N&F stretches quite a bit in general. Do you wear a belt? if so, you shouldn't have to worry about it much if they fit well after a couple days of initial stretch. Maybe someone here has experience with this specific jean on the barneys site; i'm not sure if it's the same as the deep indigo....sorrry.

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

Depends on the denim. Which denim are you trying on?

Tried Slim Guy in both the Nep and the Natural Indigo Revival. If I remember correctly, I think they fit similar....
    Thanks for any help you could give!

8. .Krazy

.Krazy Member

I've never done skinny guys, but it seems N&F stretches quite a bit in general. Do you wear a belt? if so, you shouldn't have to worry about it much if they fit well after a couple days of initial stretch. Maybe someone here has experience with this specific jean on the barneys site; i'm not sure if it's the same as the deep indigo....sorrry.
    Yea I always wear a belt, and I saw that they have a sale on the Momotaro x N&F skinny guys. What do you guys think of these? I may call and see if I can find these in my size. And thank you for your help!

9. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

Thanks.

I don't own a pair of slim guys but since the 34's were loose, I would recommend going with the 33's. They will stretch a bit and get more comfortable pretty quickly. Just make sure you don't hot soak them right away and you should be fine!

10. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Those are Nep Selvedge and agreed if you wear a belt they wont stretch too much from my experience..

11. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

I will definitely do that tomorrow. Thanks man. So how much do Skinny Guys stretch? I don't want to get a 33 and then they stretch out and be too big. And is the dark blue indigo the same as the deep indigo selvedge on the N & F site?

I think most people would say that they will stretch as much as needed to fit. If you're scared of over sizing, your best bet is to go try on a pair in-store and go with smallest waist that you can get into and button at least two buttons.

12. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Yea I always wear a belt, and I saw that they have a sale on the Momotaro x N&F skinny guys. What do you guys think of these? I may call and see if I can find these in my size. And thank you for your help!

I believe the Momo collabs have a super long inseam, which might be really good for you at 6'4".

13. .Krazy

.Krazy Member

I believe the Momo collabs have a super long inseam, which might be really good for you at 6'4".

Well I called Barneys and talked to a really knowledgable guy, and I ended up getting the Momo collabs for 109 in a 32.

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Well I called Barneys and talked to a really knowledgable guy, and I ended up getting the Momo collabs for 109 in a 32.

Wait what? $109?

15. .Krazy

.Krazy Member

Wait what? $109?

Yep. They were on sale at Barneys. Down from like $275.