Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. lsinner

lsinner Member

It always seems me and N&F sizing don't go along.

The first skinny guys I got (Camo selvage) were made smaller than usual and when I decide to go weird guy(Big John) the cut is bigger than usual... -_-

2. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

So i purchased a pair of NF slim guys in 32 a while back, not following the advice given to me here, and they are indeed too big in the waist. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so how did you fix the problem. I would like the jeans to fit without having to put a belt on because you get "build up" of fabric when I put a belt on because they are loose.

Thanks

This happens to me. I get the smallest size possible. And while the butt stays really tight, the waist gets huge.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Depending on the material, you can likely shrink the waist 1" with a wash and dry.

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Depending on the material, you can likely shrink the waist 1" with a wash and dry.

That's pretty useless. It will just degrade the denim and within a few days of wear will stretch back to what it was, or close to it.

5. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

belts stop unwanted stretching to some degree.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

It will just degrade the denim

wrong

and within a few days of wear will stretch back to what it was, or close to it.

belt

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

wrong

That's not wrong. Sure, it won't destroy it, but a wash and hot dry will have a damaging effect on it. It's not a huge deal, but is not ideal at all. Every time I've done that I've felt I was back to were I was before within a week, with less rigid denim. Even when washed inside out. I'm just saying I don't think it does all that much with sanforized denim, which is what N&F sells.

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Haven't met a denim from N&F that won't shrink a solid inch, san'd or not. Save your breath.

9. meso

meso Senior member

KLoop has some for 105 if those are what you were trying to get

Need solid black not black selvedge, sadly!

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

n&f x big john fit pics. sz29. need to get them hemmed, but some sick part of me likes the sufu cuffs+mad stacks look... [​IMG]

11. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

N&F New Releases:
    Over the next 2 months, Naked & Famous will be releasing several new denims and we are anxious to get them in store. We now know some expected delivery dates, so here is a quick update on what to expect to land in store in the near future.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Elephant 2 - Last fall the Elephant fabric was a big hit. This season Elephant 2 is slightly heavier at 22oz in a deep indigo color. Available in both Weird Guy (photographed above) and Skinny Guy. Weird Guy is coming out of production now and we might have in store by 3rd week of July. Skinny Guy is currently in production and will be available mid-August. Price $165.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Pomegranate - 14oz selvedge using real pomegranates combined with a stabilizer to maintain the rich red color. Available in Weird Guy (photographed above) and released in early September. Price $195.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Left Hand Twill - We just described LHT in our last blog post. LHT is a 13.75oz selvedge in indigo and available in both Skinny Guy (photographed above) and Weird Guy fits and both are on their way and will be in store around July 18th. Price $140.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Selvedge Duck - 10oz duck cloth fabric in a vintage brown khaki color and available in both Skinny Guy (pictured above) and Weird Guy fits. Both are anticipated to be in store late August. Price $145.

Besides the above models there are a couple of secret collaborations which will be released in August and September - more details coming soon! Also, we will continue to restock many of the models that we already carry. Our next restock shipments include Weird Guy Selvege Chino (arrives mid-July), Skinny Guy Deep Indigo (next week), Weird Guy Deep Indigo (next week), Weird Guy Japan Heritage (mid-July), Skinny Guy Japan Heritage (mid-July), and natural premium belts (mid-July).

More information can be seen on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...m-release.html.

12. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

n&f x big john fit pics. sz29. need to get them hemmed, but some sick part of me likes the sufu cuffs+mad stacks look...

[​IMG]

Those look good, but the cuffs break your vertical line and make you look shorter. Maybe post a picture of the jeans backwards rolled, (so it appears as though you've hemmed them) and compare with the stacks/cuffs look, and see which looks better.

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Besides the above models there are a couple of secret collaborations which will be released in August and September - more details coming soon! Also, we will continue to restock many of the models that we already carry. Our next restock shipments include Weird Guy Selvege Chino (arrives mid-July), Skinny Guy Deep Indigo (next week), Weird Guy Deep Indigo (next week), Weird Guy Japan Heritage (mid-July), Skinny Guy Japan Heritage (mid-July), and natural premium belts (mid-July).

More information can be seen on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...m-release.html.

Will be waiting for these. [​IMG]

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I hope the new collabs are not Barney's exclusive so I can actually buy & get them hemmed at Jay's.

15. chiggah

chiggah Senior member