Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

@S-Town, thanks I'll be sure to contact them. Is it correct that with the reverse-fade skinny guys it's best to size up 1? (35 isn't made anyways).

unfortunately, i can't help you here. i only have slim guys from n&f, and i'm not a size-down guy. from what i've read though, it seems that whatever size you would normally wear in skinny guy, you'd size up one from that.

2. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any difference, though I haven't seen this years run in the wild.

I was looking at some pictures online and one difference I saw was that this year's run seems to have a red leather patch. Mine is red, but with black painted over it so that the red fades through (unlike the jeans, which fade blue).

I may be wrong, but mine might be lighter than this current run. They feel 12-13oz, but maybe I'm just getting used to my 19 oz elephants.

3. meso

meso Senior member

Shit, missed the sales... Would have liked a pair of black raw weird guys.

4. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

KLoop has some for 105 if those are what you were trying to get

5. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

These just came in. [​IMG] Does anyone know why I can't edit my first post of my listing in the Streetwear & Denim by any chance?

6. GBear

GBear Senior member

Don't make me want to buy those Japanese Heritage WGs....

7. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

anyone know of any other shirts with fits similar to the N&F slimshirts?

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

big johns are awesome. seem solid as hell. hard to imagine any jeans being better than these at the $110 sale price. can't wait to break these in this fw. fit pics once I get these hemmed up proper.

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

yeah i listened to everyone and went tts, but i really wish i had sized down one. i'll keep them, but i think one down would have been just slightly better for me.

It's probably best to go by the measurement charts provided by BlueOwl or the like. The fact is, everybody's legs are different. Buying Skinny Guy TTS will typically land you 1" bigger than your true waist. Sizing down should land you perfectly after stretching. I think that anybody wearing SKinny Guy a size up is probably better off in Weird Guy. For dudes who's legs really are "skinny" as the name suggests, sizing down 1 should work. There's no reason anyone should need to size up in Skinny Guy according to measurement charts and how the jeans are designed to look. Not that people won't do it, or they are necessarily wrong for doing so, but if you need to size up in Skinny Guy you should probably be wearing a different cut.

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Received the Japanese Heritage today. It was worth the hype. Now I just have to find the time to beat them to shit

11. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Does anyone know why I can't edit my first post of my listing in the Streetwear & Denim by any chance?

Not planning to sell those newcomers, are you?

And it's most likely because it's been going on for too long, just start a new thread with drops

12. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

No, not the newcomers, haha. The Japan Heritage seems very similar to my friend's Imperials. Did you end up getting a pair of either yourself?

By the way, thanks for the heads up!

13. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

No, not the newcomers, haha. The Japan Heritage seems very similar to my friend's Imperials. Did you end up getting a pair of either yourself?

By the way, thanks for the heads up!

Nah, I wish. No cashez atm. Have fun with them and post progress pics!

14. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Barneys' international shipping charges are $80+ [​IMG] I wanted a pair of those Big Johns.

15. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

You should try to have someone proxy it for you. I saw a couple pairs left when I was at Barney's the other day but there was only 1 of each left. Linkinwayne, haha I have to wait a while before I can break them in. Sadly I'm between a 31 & a 32 and a 32 was a bit loose in the waist so I had to stick with the 31. Time to lose some weight. [​IMG]