Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Vengo

Vengo Well-Known Member

Tenue Collab looks like only WG, though a production run of 24 pairs

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Tenue de NÃ[​IMG]mes x Naked & Famous Collab [​IMG] AcquireMag.com
    YES!!! A non-blue jeans with selvage coin pocket!!!!!!! Thanks to NF guys for saving my $300[​IMG] Glad those are not my type I swear I could have sold an arm and a leg for another jeans like momo or BJ

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

O, fit theory.

GN, a bit more sag would probably be appropriate there. You can see how the hips flare out a bit below the belt waist of the denim. Sagging 1" will gain you room around the thighs, too, and the crotch is a bit too high from the back shot.

Also, a picture from the belly button down "sounds" like it would highlight the denim, but in fact it simply skews proportion. Between that and the hasty cuffs / calf area, you're really doing yourself a disservice in determining fit / proportion.

I don't think you need to fear the WG cut. Tobi.com does a real good job of modeling their N&F and you may find advice there. I know it sounds logical that a denim with a larger thigh would make you appear more carrot, but I think carrot shapes are largely supported by a tight thigh, and are more independent of the hem (to a limit).

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ I second that comment.

The fitting model of NF website is more of a skinny guy even for the WG cut.

If I remember correct, he was 5'11" and 150 pounds-ish.

Check tobi and blueowl.us out for a (relatively) more realistic looks.

Don't go to kamaloop though they wear it in really weird way

5. emgee420

emgee420 Member

I guess I should've put a couple of caveats in my post:

Yes i have big thighs (24" on my 5'6" frame). I feel like an intense taper (like the WG) would look really silly, so I prefer a slim/taper (like APC NS--which, if i returned these, is what i'd get.). I also like a wider than usual waist--I have trouble with shirts fitting "perfectly" so a little more leeway in the waist means less of a sharp contrast when I tuck in shirts (even ones i've had taken in billow out at least a little bit).

That being said, I want to make sure the overall effect looks okay, or just silly. Looking at the pictures, I personally like it, but I figure i'd make sure nobody was like [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've got tree trunk thighs and found the WG cut (after stretching) is the best fitting pair of denim I have (I actually prefer it over APC NS). I don't like/can't size down like other people do, so having a comfortable fit and avoiding the sausage casing look in the legs means the waist in my jeans is always a bit looser. No biggie for me, thats what belts are for.

So dont be too worried about the more significant taper compared to the NS.

If you're worried about looking silly, please return these. Weird Guy would have the opposite effect, they would fit you correctly in the thighs, and have a slim leg. What you are effectively wearing right now is much closer to APC PS, not NS. If you don't want a taper, get Slim Guy. if you want a Skinny fit, your frame requires Weird Guy. That is why the Weird Guy cut is made...so that dudes with big thighs can have a skinny fit without painted on thighs and a flare. Believe it or not, this is what you have now. Trust me, I have these, I wear Skinny Guy, and this is not how they are supposed to fit. You also do not need to soak sanforized denim. For your own sanity return these. If you want Momotaro Denim buy some Momo's. One of the main appeals of this collab was that they were in a Skinny Guy cut, which, until recently, was unheard of from Momo. Not trying to sound too harsh, but looking out for you. These need to go. Weird Guy worn correctly fixes the problem men with big thighs have in trying to wear Skinny Denim.

graphic, exactly what these 2 guys said. your build seems similar to mine, 5'6, 23" thigh, 34" waist. i tried the skinny guy deep indigos in a size 33 first but my thighs looked like sausages in them. returned those and went to a weird guy size 32 and the fit is perfect. they get even more comfortable the more i wear them. i know the waist will probably stretch to bigger than the 34 it is now but i wear a belt daily so its not that big a deal

6. effang

effang Senior member

i bought the slim guys natural indigo revival seldvedge. i love it. i previously wore much looser jeans (7's), then moved onto diesel, and now ball hugging naked and famous.

jeans are starting to fade and whisker a bit.

i am a 31-32, and fit myself into a 30. thighs are roomy enough, but the crotch area literally is uncomfortably tight. it's been 3 weeks and the groin area has not expanded at all and my balls are just plastered against jeans or thighs.

how do you go about stretching out that part? even if they were looser fitting it doesn't feel as if any of the naked and famous cuts have any give in the groin area. they kind of feel like they were cut for girls.

does anybody have a good method to stretch them out? (aside from stuffing while wearing).

Thanks!

7. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

8. Navi

Navi Senior member

9. emgee420

emgee420 Member

Anyone able to help with regards to sizing ? [​IMG]

measure your waist with a tape measure to determine would be the easiest way

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Going to get my hands on the Japan Heritage soon. Anyone else got theirs yet?

11. AirRayAllen20

AirRayAllen20 Active Member

here are my broken twills, tagged size 31. I've had these for about a year now but i've only worn them about 60 times i believe. I'm 5'9 and 140 pounds. My waist measurement is a 32, but my butt is a bit bigger than my actual waist so it was kind of difficult when i first broke them in lol. Also, they've stretched out about 1 inch i would say. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

13. AirRayAllen20

the reason i have to sag is so my balls can breathe, if i pull them up my balls get suffocated lol

14. AirRayAllen20

Here is my naked and famous collection so far...there are about 7 skinny guys, 9 weird guys, 1 slim guy and two nudies. I bought most of them on impulse buy because they were on sale lol

[​IMG]

15. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member