Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. frankwhite23

frankwhite23 Member

Seriously? The point of Skinny Guy is the skinny fit. If you are going up two sizes why aren't you just wearing a different cut? There's no way those can even fit your waist without a belt if you are genuinely going up two from your waist size. I thought part of the appeal of the button closure, besides the better construction, was that they button right to your waist. Why not just wear weird guys or slim guys if you are sizing up?
    Its the best fit Ive found in NF for me. I own a lot of jeans in 31(mainly nudies) and couldn't even button the skinny guys so I sized up to a 33. I wasn't looking for a skin tight fit but for something a lil tighter then some weird guys. Worked for me.

2. rosenkruez

rosenkruez Senior member

Its the best fit Ive found in NF for me. I own a lot of jeans in 31(mainly nudies) and couldn't even button the skinny guys so I sized up to a 33. I wasn't looking for a skin tight fit but for something a lil tighter then some weird guys. Worked for me.

I actually agree with this. I just received NF x momotaro sz 34. I normally wear 34s as well but I think I'd be better off with 36. It's just too tight in the top block. The only thing stopping me getting a pair of 36 is the leg opening. It's too wide as it is and I don't want it to be bigger.

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I actually agree with this. I just received NF x momotaro sz 34. I normally wear 34s as well but I think I'd be better off with 36. It's just too tight in the top block. The only thing stopping me getting a pair of 36 is the leg opening. It's too wide as it is and I don't want it to be bigger.

Sounds like you are better suited for weird guy.

4. rosenkruez

rosenkruez Senior member

Sounds like you are better suited for weird guy.

Agreed. I liked the fit on weird guy except the low rise which is why I'm waiting for the high rise version.

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Get WG, genius

6. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Agreed. I liked the fit on weird guy except the low rise which is why I'm waiting for the high rise version.

So has a higher-rise version of the Weird Guy been confirmed, or is this still just wishful thinking?

7. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

^i heard about this too, don't think its been confirmed but i hear some people talking about it

8. reezy

reezy Senior member

Brandon has confirmed this.

9. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Get WG, genius

Not if he wants NF x Momo, genius

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Not if he wants NF x Momo, genius

Tough luck, he needs a WG cut.

11. Maniak90

Maniak90 Member

Question regarding DEEP indigo Weird guys

I tried a size 33 REGULAR indigo at a store with a "bit" of trouble buttoning it up but i JUST managed to do all the buttons - it was fairly tight all round. There was no way in hell i would have been able to button up the size 32 (i tried). The size 34 was loose in the waist but is ok in the seat and thighs.

Judging from this, size 33 would be the right size for me - considering that the jeans will stretch out.

So here comes my dilemma.

I would like to purchase the DEEP indigo weird guys BUT i have read from some posts in this thread that these shrink a "solid" amount despite being sanforized. (Apparently up to an inch in the waist and 1/4 inch in the thighs)

Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to risk purchasing jeans that i wont be able to wear... particularly since i have to order online with shipping costs associated.

PS. This is quoting db_ggmm:

and quoting PeterParker:

12. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Anyone interested in the Naked and Famous Slim Shirt in Chambray and Linen Denim Blend size Large? I'm willing to sell both for $120. Shoot me a pm.

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Question regarding DEEP indigo Weird guys

I tried a size 33 REGULAR indigo at a store with a "bit" of trouble buttoning it up but i JUST managed to do all the buttons - it was fairly tight all round. There was no way in hell i would have been able to button up the size 32 (i tried). The size 34 was loose in the waist but is ok in the seat and thighs.

Judging from this, size 33 would be the right size for me - considering that the jeans will stretch out.

So here comes my dilemma.

I would like to purchase the DEEP indigo weird guys BUT i have read from some posts in this thread that these shrink a "solid" amount despite being sanforized. (Apparently up to an inch in the waist and 1/4 inch in the thighs)

Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to risk purchasing jeans that i wont be able to wear... particularly since i have to order online with shipping costs associated.

PS. This is quoting db_ggmm:

and quoting PeterParker:

WG Deep Indigo 33 is your size. They will probably be hard to button all the way, but will stretch to be perfect. Do not need to wash or soak when new if they fit you perfect, just wear them. By the time you do soak/wash, they will shrink a bit in the waist and stretch back out.

14. Vengo

Vengo Well-Known Member

It is true that they shrink after wash, but they will quickly stretch back out after you wear it.

In my experience with my deep indigos, it takes 2-3 wears to get it to stretch back to the way it was pre-wash

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

The issue I would take with Blue Owl's advice here is that the overstarch on a Deep Indigo drives me nuts and I can't imagine just wearing them out of the box. The advice is perfect for the average N&F fabric, but DI's are trickier.

One should not attempt to wear an unsanforized denim without washing and in my experience Deep Indigos bear more resemblance to unsan'd than san'd. However, the shrink is not as extreme as a some unsan'd denim so one can go either way with it.

Personally, for DI's, I would buy a pair that fits the waist, wash it on cold, tumble dry until damp, [let dry], then stretch them the inch for a perfect fit.