Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. phxsuns13

phxsuns13 Member

commodore, Have they stretched much over the time you have worn them?

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

commodore, Have they stretched much over the time you have worn them?

Not yet, I've only worn them while trying them on in the store and haven't gotten back to them yet. But all denim stretches at least an inch when worn tightly IME.

3. phxsuns13

phxsuns13 Member

Are the thighs and knees tight, or just the waist? Because my thighs are kinda big and my jeans never stretch much in the thighs.

And does anyone know if Barneys online is good with returns? I bought the 33s yesterday (I don't think I'll even get them cause they suck at keeping their website up to date with their stock, so it might be sold out already)

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Are the thighs and knees tight, or just the waist? Because my thighs are kinda big and my jeans never stretch much in the thighs.

And does anyone know if Barneys online is good with returns? I bought the 33s yesterday (I don't think I'll even get them cause they suck at keeping their website up to date with their stock, so it might be sold out already)

For me, only the waist and hips are tight, everything else is fine on the size I chose.

Yeah, Barney's is good with returns within 30 days as long as the tags are still on and the item isn't marked "final sale".

5. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Senior member

So I was surfing the net, checking out some raw denim feeds and I come upon this video of Brandon of Naked and Famous on a TV show in Vancouver. He is going through varrious style that N&F has coming out and low and behold as an example of a worn in/beat up pair he has my old pair of N&F jeans that I gave him. Can't tell you how surprised I was to see that I was mentioned by Brandon by name, who I was and what I do. Comes on at about the 4:17 mark.[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNKj...mbedded#at=273

6. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I got a chance to see some more of N&F's stuff in person at that Kixs store in Edmonton. The 'flannel' denim and the denim woven with steel thread were kind of cool.

Oh, and they've got some N&F shirts for 50% off ($120 -> $60).

7. acularw

acularw Senior member

I recently copped the unbleached WG's. I like the cream w/ seed color for summer. The denim is a little thicker than I thought so I was thinking of doing a warm/hot soak. Anyone have experience with this model? How much would these shrink in the waist/inseam?

8. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I got a chance to see some more of N&F's stuff in person at that Kixs store in Edmonton. The 'flannel' denim and the denim woven with steel thread were kind of cool.

Oh, and they've got some N&F shirts for 50% off ($120 -> $60).

Oh sweet, what else do they have there for N&F? And what brands do they stock? Might pop over to check it out next week. The $60 shirts are definitely very tempting.

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Oh sweet, what else do they have there for N&F? And what brands do they stock? Might pop over to check it out next week. The $60 shirts are definitely very tempting.

If I recall correctly they had flannel, 'steel thread', elephant, indigo and black denim (probably a few others I can't remember), some lightweight flannel shirts and some chambray shirts (shirts were all 50% off). The guy working there said they were going to get a big shipment of N&F in pretty soon.

Also had a huge selection of Nudies. I haven't owned a pair of those in a while but I was tempted after seeing them again.

10. linkinwayne

If I recall correctly they had flannel, 'steel thread', elephant, indigo and black denim (probably a few others I can't remember), some lightweight flannel shirts and some chambray shirts (shirts were all 50% off). The guy working there said they were going to get a big shipment of N&F in pretty soon.

Also had a huge selection of Nudies. I haven't owned a pair of those in a while but I was tempted after seeing them again.

Nice, thanks for the info man! I'll probably go by next week, might end up grabbing a few shirts.

11. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Nice, thanks for the info man! I'll probably go by next week, might end up grabbing a few shirts.

Go for it, N&F shirts are way too tight in the arms and shoulders or me so someone needs to take advantage of it. I don't know how long the sale is for, but the shirts were squirreled away towards the back.

12. Nick0rz

Nick0rz Member

Got a pair of the linen blend denim. Really really liking them, super soft (as I think some other people have said). Already got a few compliments on the striped inside.

13. linkinwayne

Got a pair of the linen blend denim. Really really liking them, super soft (as I think some other people have said). Already got a few compliments on the striped inside.

They were on sale somewhere in Edmonton (can't remember which shop), would have got them if not for financial constraints. Look like a really great pair of soft summer jeans.

14. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

For those still thinking about pre-order the N&F Japan Heritage denim, our first shipment is being packaged and shipped tomorrow. We are still accepting pre-orders for the first batch and right now have at least 2 of every size available (WG 28-34, SG 28-34). There are a few sizes that will probably sell out quickly, but we plan on restocking this denim in both styles while they last. Sounds like they made about 800 total pairs (500 WG, 300 SG). Please e-mail if you are considering so we can make sure to have your size available.

Details about pre-ordering and the denim are below.

Pre-Order: Naked & Famous "Japan Heritage Selvedge" Denim - - Mid-June Deilvery - - $200 shipped

[​IMG]
    As of today, we will begin accepting pre-orders for the Naked & Famous "Japan Heritage Selvedge" denim which will be in store approximately the 2nd week of June. This is predicted to be a very popular model and may sell quickly as it is a limited production. This denim is available in Weird Guy (as photographed above) and Skinny Guy. The Japan Heritage Weird Guy was part of the regular collection, but the Skinny Guy was not offered and very few pairs were made of this model. For information on how to pre-order and reserve a pair of the "Japan Heritage Selvedge" denim from our delivery, please send us an e-mail to [email protected]. Cost will be $200 shipped worldwide and will ship from Blue Owl when we receive our shipment.
    [​IMG]
    The fabric is a 14oz selvedge made in Japan which has an inconsistent weave and yarn size giving a vintage look and texture. The selvedge line will be white with red accent. Notice the light tones coming through the indigo yarn. This fabric is traditionally used by Japanese cult heritage denim brands.
    [​IMG]
    Back side.
    [​IMG]
    The surface has a hairy texture and a soft touch and the dye used gives a rich indigo color, yet is inconsistent due to the weave of the yarns.
    [​IMG]
    Bahzad from N&F is wearing a pair of Japan Heritage Weird Guys which has a couple months of wear and is holding fabric over the top. This can give a bit of idea of the way it will fade.

Also see our latest blog post at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-heritage.html.

15. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

^^^ If I wasn't departing the country for a while (and hence unable to receive or wear those) I'd be all over them.

On another note, do the Weird Guy chinos stretch at all like the denim? The WG cut is a real nut hugger on me for a while until they stretch and fit me perfectly, so I'd love to have chinos in that cut but I'm worried they won't stretch as much.