Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. a salaam alaikum

a salaam alaikum Well-Known Member

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I've seen and felt both in person (tried on the cardi too) and they're pretty cool. Neps weren't that interesting to me, but I loved the feel of the cardi.

Huh, I'm surprised you weren't liking the neps. I checked out the neppy denim recently and thought it looked awesome. Texture was really cool. My faves are still the NFxMomo denim though. I like it even more than the Big John collab. It's 40% off at Barney's now so I'm debating picking up a pair. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I have a good number of bottoms in rotation right now and don't know how much I'd wear them. What terrible problems I have...[​IMG]

3. Donut

Donut Senior member

How does the cardi fit? Hopefully slimmer then the hoodie

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Huh, I'm surprised you weren't liking the neps. I checked out the neppy denim recently and thought it looked awesome. Texture was really cool. My faves are still the NFxMomo denim though. I like it even more than the Big John collab. It's 40% off at Barney's now so I'm debating picking up a pair. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I have a good number of bottoms in rotation right now and don't know how much I'd wear them. What terrible problems I have...[​IMG]
    I thought they looked cool but not worth buying since there are a bunch of more inspiring textures available. Also, need to save money for Japanese Heritage [​IMG] BTW if you haven't picked up something from the barney's sale, it might already be gone. They're slow to update the online stock and you'll probably end up getting a notification regarding cancellation a week later.
    How does the cardi fit? Hopefully slimmer then the hoodie
    Yep, slimmer than the hoodie.

5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Thanks for the heads up, but I always shop in store since there's a Barney's Co-op pretty close to my office. It's easy to wander over during lunch when the place is pretty much empty. [​IMG]

6. linkinwayne

Thanks for the heads up, but I always shop in store since there's a Barney's Co-op pretty close to my office. It's easy to wander over during lunch when the place is pretty much empty. [​IMG]

Well, then, I hate you. I want those reverse fades [​IMG]

7. chut6

chut6 Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of the name personally... apparently the idea of it came from steering away from having celebrities be the face for the products and letting the quality of the raw "naked" denim sell itself. But then why is it Naked and famous, shouldn't it just be naked?!

I do like the guy and girl undressing feature, think it's a nice touch.

8. linkinwayne

Not a huge fan of the name personally... apparently the idea of it came from steering away from having celebrities be the face for the products and letting the quality of the raw "naked" denim sell itself. But then why is it Naked and famous, shouldn't it just be naked?! I do like the guy and girl undressing feature, think it's a nice touch.
    celebrities = famous, and there's a naked paris hilton-like drawing on the patch, do the math

9. chut6

chut6 Well-Known Member

celebrities = famous, and there's a naked paris hilton-like drawing on the patch, do the math

Ahah [​IMG]

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I think Brandon said it best when he said the name was tongue in cheek. He didn't want his product to sell because some celebrity wears them, he wants people to buy it because it's good denim. Simple as that.

11. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Reserved a pair of the Japanese Heritage Skinny Guy with Blueowl. I can't wait for them to come in.

12. reezy

reezy Senior member

Got the WG woo woo. Even though I'm skinny, I still prefer the WG over SG. Brandon mentioned the Jap Heritage has arrived at the warehouse [​IMG]

13. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Naked and Famous X Momotaro Skinny Guys S. 33 up for grabs. Shoot me an offer. I'm looking to get rid of these quickly.

14. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Got the WG woo woo. Even though I'm skinny, I still prefer the WG over SG.

Brandon mentioned the Jap Heritage has arrived at the warehouse [​IMG]

Yea I like the WG cut as well. I have the elephant denim in the WG so I went with SG for this. Can't fail either way imo.

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Do the Big Johns fit the same as other Weird Guys?

I'm a 34 waist, and according to some measurements i should get a 32 and some say a 33.

And thanks a lot!

There's no way to size down more than 1 on the big johns. The fabric is hella rigid and they don't stretch 2 or 3 sizes like the normal weird guys!

I actually sized down 2 on the Big Johns. My true waist measurement is 34", and I bought a size 32. They were snug but not excessively tight in the waist brand new, and I am expecting them to stretch at least an inch over time.

Hey - I'm cross posting this from the KMW thread.

I have the KMW 1950 in size 36 which fit well although a bit big. I'm looking at some Naked + Famous Slim Guy in size 34 which appear to have the same measurements as my 1950's. Has anybody worn both of these (the 1950 and the Slim Guy) and can comment on whether this seems correct that a tagged size small in the N+F yields a similar fit to the 1950s.
    thanks

I haven't tried on the KMW 1950, but I do know that the N&F Slim Guy cut runs about 2 sizes big in the waist, so what you are experiencing seems normal and makes sense to me.