Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. phxsuns13

phxsuns13 Member

Do the Big Johns fit the same as other Weird Guys?

I'm a 34 waist, and according to some measurements i should get a 32 and some say a 33.

And thanks a lot!

2. johnnylazar

johnnylazar Senior member

I'm a 35ish waist and i got a 34, they're slightly tight, but I think they'll stretch. I wouldnt go down 2 sizes on those because they fit pretty true. They fit pretty close to the regular wierd guys except the rise isn't as low.

3. phxsuns13

phxsuns13 Member

I just ordered, hopefully theyre really nice cause these are my first pair of nice jeans, and the best I've had were uniqlo jeans.

also, johnnylazar, are you a 35 measured waist or a 35 in other jeans?

4. johnnylazar

measured 35, I've gained a little weight. You'll love them dude! great jeans, Better quality than my Lvc's for sure.

5. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i'm 34 where weird guys sit and wear 30's to account for stretching

6. Vengo

Vengo Well-Known Member

Are the Weird guys good for guys with bigger thighs? Jeans that fit well in the seat and thighs always are really loose in the calves, so I'm wondering if the Weird guys would work since they are tapered.

Also, is the denim of better quality on the collabs? Specifically the Big John collab? I'm wondering whether I should go with SL 3sixteens or the Big John x N&F Collab.

this is exactly why i love the weird guy cut. For those who have more athletic thighs but still want the taper

I haven't seen the Big John collab in person but N&F is quality stuff especially in its price range

7. johnnylazar

There's no way to size down more than 1 on the big johns. The fabric is hella rigid and they don't stretch 2 or 3 sizes like the normal weird guys!

8. oisin

oisin Senior member

also debating between the big johns and momos. bought the big johns in 31 and going to look at the momos today (didn't have the right size at the barneys I was at--couldn't get a 30 on, and 33 was way way too big). Probably only going to keep one of the two. I really like the detail on the momos (inside pocket flag, pink inseam stitching) but can't decide on the denim. The big johns are pretty stiff and not as dark--the momos are softer with a great dark indigo color. momos are also really long, even for me at 6'5". They both have the hidden back pocket rivets and seem like good quality overall. Not sure how the momos will fade. decisions decisions.

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

also debating between the big johns and momos. bought the big johns in 31 and going to look at the momos today (didn't have the right size at the barneys I was at--couldn't get a 30 on, and 33 was way way too big). Probably only going to keep one of the two. I really like the detail on the momos (inside pocket flag, pink inseam stitching) but can't decide on the denim. The big johns are pretty stiff and not as dark--the momos are softer with a great dark indigo color. momos are also really long, even for me at 6'5". They both have the hidden back pocket rivets and seem like good quality overall. Not sure how the momos will fade. decisions decisions.

Momos fade quite nicely to a beautiful electric blue. I've been rocking mine for 4 months now. Y'all will have to wait until I get to six months for the first fade pics but they are going to look dope.

10. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

11. jingerBRead

jingerBRead Well-Known Member

12. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

Hi N&F guys

I need some advise on sizing and interested on this item http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7995700

If I wear APC petit standards in tagged size 30 (waist 32"), should I be ok with the tagged N&F 30 or should I go for 31?

try not to compare other jeans' fits, just size 1 down from your true waist. So if you're a 32 true waist then get a 31 in the chinos since they still stretch out like normal weirdguys

13. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

My recent N&F pickups...Neps SkinnyGuy and Cardigan. I love both of them especially the cardy. Neps is the small bundles of white yarn you see thru out the denim...give it a vintage look. The all white selvedge line is sex in person also the stitching has nice contrast and slight sheen. Jeans are incredibly soft to the touch but stiff like all other raws....interesting blend.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

My recent N&F pickups...Neps SkinnyGuy and Cardigan. I love both of them especially the cardy.

Neps is the small bundles of white yarn you see thru out the denim...give it a vintage look. The all white selvedge line is sex in person also the stitching has nice contrast and slight sheen. Jeans are incredibly soft to the touch but stiff like all other raws....interesting blend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've seen and felt both in person (tried on the cardi too) and they're pretty cool. Neps weren't that interesting to me, but I loved the feel of the cardi.

15. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Hey - I'm cross posting this from the KMW thread.

I have the KMW 1950 in size 36 which fit well although a bit big. I'm looking at some Naked + Famous Slim Guy in size 34 which appear to have the same measurements as my 1950's. Has anybody worn both of these (the 1950 and the Slim Guy) and can comment on whether this seems correct that a tagged size small in the N+F yields a similar fit to the 1950s.
    thanks