Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i must be the only person that uses "search this thread" or knows how to search with *'s when the text is too short

2. PDL24DCP

PDL24DCP Well-Known Member

Maybe someone could sticky a chart with the measurements for the sizes for the brands that seem to be most popular/posted about on this forum, RRL, N+F, 7 FAM, Nudie and A.P.C. then maybe that would clean up some of this stuff??? I used to have a chart I found for N+F for slim, weird, and skinny for all the sizes but I lost it...anyone want to help putting this together? Thoughts? Opinions? HELP?

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

hi, this has probably been answered somewhere but I really can't scorll through all these pages to find the answer...
    can someone help out with a quick list of online store that will carry N&F shirts?
    thanks

Tobi
    Shop Sydneys
    Azalea SF

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Maybe someone could sticky a chart with the measurements for the sizes for the brands that seem to be most popular/posted about on this forum, RRL, N+F, 7 FAM, Nudie and A.P.C. then maybe that would clean up some of this stuff??? I used to have a chart I found for N+F for slim, weird, and skinny for all the sizes but I lost it...anyone want to help putting this together? Thoughts? Opinions? HELP?

wtf

Think OP should be edited to include general sizing guide for N&F though, wouldn't have to read 5 million similar questions everyday

5. istasi

istasi Senior member

Just received a pair of 28 WeirdGuys. Usually a 30, so I sized down 2 as suggested. Could barely get them on, can't button any of the buttons.

Do they stretch enough that I should tough it out or should I go up to a 29?

6. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

7. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Pre-Order: Naked & Famous "Japan Heritage Selvedge" Denim - - Mid-June Deilvery - - $200 shipped

[​IMG]
    As of today, we will begin accepting pre-orders for the Naked & Famous "Japan Heritage Selvedge" denim which will be in store approximately the 2nd week of June. This is predicted to be a very popular model and may sell quickly as it is a limited production. This denim is available in Weird Guy (as photographed above) and Skinny Guy. The Japan Heritage Weird Guy was part of the regular collection, but the Skinny Guy was not offered and very few pairs were made of this model. For information on how to pre-order and reserve a pair of the "Japan Heritage Selvedge" denim from our delivery, please send us an e-mail to [email protected]. Cost will be $200 shipped worldwide and will ship from Blue Owl when we receive our shipment.
    [​IMG]
    The fabric is a 14oz selvedge made in Japan which has an inconsistent weave and yarn size giving a vintage look and texture. The selvedge line will be white with red accent. Notice the light tones coming through the indigo yarn. This fabric is traditionally used by Japanese cult heritage denim brands.
    [​IMG]
    Back side.
    [​IMG]
    The surface has a hairy texture and a soft touch and the dye used gives a rich indigo color, yet is inconsistent due to the weave of the yarns.
    [​IMG]
    Bahzad from N&F is wearing a pair of Japan Heritage Weird Guys which has a couple months of wear and is holding fabric over the top. This can give a bit of idea of the way it will fade.

Also see our latest blog post at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-heritage.html.

8. fromega

fromega Member

Any idea how the WG Japan Heritage Selvedge stretches compared to the WG Indigo Selvedge?

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Any idea how the WG Japan Heritage Selvedge stretches compared to the WG Indigo Selvedge?

It is a 14oz weigth with loose tension weave. About 1/2" of stretch in the waist line after 3 months, as much as 1" of stretch after many months of wear.

10. reezy

reezy Senior member

Cant Wait Til Mid June!

11. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Japan Heritage Skinny Guy? Want want want want want

12. 7210

7210 Member

From the pictures, The Japan Heritage looks similar to the denim on my Oni Red's.

13. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

Are Naked and Famous SlimGuy similar in fit to Nudie Slim Jims? Do I also have to size down? I've checked out the Naked and Famous website, but they don't have the size measurements. If possible, could someone provide me with them please?
    Also, what is the smallest waist size that are available for NaF SlimGuy?
    I would go and ask the people at the store... but I don't trust them because they tend to lie (anything for commission).

14. reezy

reezy Senior member

Damn...starting to second guess whether i want the weird guy or skinny guy japanese heritage...argh!!! WG does seem more versatile but...hmm

15. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

I feel like Slimguy is the red-headed stepchild.......