• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i must be the only person that uses "search this thread" or knows how to search with *'s when the text is too short

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
Maybe someone could sticky a chart with the measurements for the sizes for the brands that seem to be most popular/posted about on this forum, RRL, N+F, 7 FAM, Nudie and A.P.C. then maybe that would clean up some of this stuff??? I used to have a chart I found for N+F for slim, weird, and skinny for all the sizes but I lost it...anyone want to help putting this together? Thoughts? Opinions? HELP?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcdecker1
hi, this has probably been answered somewhere but I really can't scorll through all these pages to find the answer...
can someone help out with a quick list of online store that will carry N&F shirts?
thanks

Tobi
Shop Sydneys
Azalea SF

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PDL24DCP
Maybe someone could sticky a chart with the measurements for the sizes for the brands that seem to be most popular/posted about on this forum, RRL, N+F, 7 FAM, Nudie and A.P.C. then maybe that would clean up some of this stuff??? I used to have a chart I found for N+F for slim, weird, and skinny for all the sizes but I lost it...anyone want to help putting this together? Thoughts? Opinions? HELP?

wtf

Think OP should be edited to include general sizing guide for N&F though, wouldn't have to read 5 million similar questions everyday

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a pair of 28 WeirdGuys. Usually a 30, so I sized down 2 as suggested. Could barely get them on, can't button any of the buttons.

Do they stretch enough that I should tough it out or should I go up to a 29?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pre-Order: Naked & Famous "Japan Heritage Selvedge" Denim - - Mid-June Deilvery - - $200 shipped

nff3.JPG

As of today, we will begin accepting pre-orders for the Naked & Famous "Japan Heritage Selvedge" denim which will be in store approximately the 2nd week of June. This is predicted to be a very popular model and may sell quickly as it is a limited production. This denim is available in Weird Guy (as photographed above) and Skinny Guy. The Japan Heritage Weird Guy was part of the regular collection, but the Skinny Guy was not offered and very few pairs were made of this model. For information on how to pre-order and reserve a pair of the "Japan Heritage Selvedge" denim from our delivery, please send us an e-mail to [email protected]. Cost will be $200 shipped worldwide and will ship from Blue Owl when we receive our shipment.
nff4.JPG

The fabric is a 14oz selvedge made in Japan which has an inconsistent weave and yarn size giving a vintage look and texture. The selvedge line will be white with red accent. Notice the light tones coming through the indigo yarn. This fabric is traditionally used by Japanese cult heritage denim brands.
nff5.JPG

Back side.
nff6.JPG

The surface has a hairy texture and a soft touch and the dye used gives a rich indigo color, yet is inconsistent due to the weave of the yarns.
nff7.JPG

Bahzad from N&F is wearing a pair of Japan Heritage Weird Guys which has a couple months of wear and is holding fabric over the top. This can give a bit of idea of the way it will fade.

Also see our latest blog post at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-heritage.html.

fromega

Reaction score
Any idea how the WG Japan Heritage Selvedge stretches compared to the WG Indigo Selvedge?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fromega
Any idea how the WG Japan Heritage Selvedge stretches compared to the WG Indigo Selvedge?

It is a 14oz weigth with loose tension weave. About 1/2" of stretch in the waist line after 3 months, as much as 1" of stretch after many months of wear.

Reaction score
From the pictures, The Japan Heritage looks similar to the denim on my Oni Red's.

tightandbright

Reaction score
Are Naked and Famous SlimGuy similar in fit to Nudie Slim Jims? Do I also have to size down? I've checked out the Naked and Famous website, but they don't have the size measurements. If possible, could someone provide me with them please?
Also, what is the smallest waist size that are available for NaF SlimGuy?
I would go and ask the people at the store... but I don't trust them because they tend to lie (anything for commission).

reezy

Reaction score
Damn...starting to second guess whether i want the weird guy or skinny guy japanese heritage...argh!!! WG does seem more versatile but...hmm

S-Town

Reaction score
I feel like Slimguy is the red-headed stepchild.......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads