Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Was it hard for you to button it as well? It felt like I was putting on a pair of jeans.

woaaaa glad I didn't kop

2. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

^^Still waiting for mine. What size did you get and what's your usual size?

I didn't know they had broken twills in black. I wouldn't get it, you only need one pair of black jeans man.

I got a Medium and my usual size is a Medium. It's pretty stiff, feels like the Solid Black Weird guys, imo. It is a nice fit though.

3. weatherbear

weatherbear Member

Was it hard for you to button it as well? It felt like I was putting on a pair of jeans.
    definitely more difficult than any other shirt, but only the collar button was really a pain

^^Still waiting for mine. What size did you get and what's your usual size?
    I got it in a size small which is what I usually wear

4. djc

djc Affiliate vendor

I got a Medium and my usual size is a Medium. It's pretty stiff, feels like the Solid Black Weird guys, imo. It is a nice fit though.
    I just bought a bunch of shirts to sample - a few of the oxfords, lightweight chambray and linen blend. The lightweight chambray was pretty stiff and rigid as is, and it is only 8oz. I can only describe it feeling a little like paper. Not saying it is a bad thing though, just different from what I am used to wearing. The material is very breathable and it did soften up throughout the day. I found the sizing to run a little small - I am an XS for most brands I buy but I went for S with the N&F shirts and found it pretty tight especially around my forearm. If the sleeve didn't have that split there it is safe to say my arm wouldn't have fit through. That said - I am a great fan of the silhouette around the body.

5. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Yeah, it was a struggle for me to put my hand through the sleeve and an even bigger struggle to get my hand out. [​IMG] A large would've been way too big for me.

6. effang

effang Senior member

Hi, I'm 5'7" with ~22 - ~24 inch thighs and around a 29 inch inseam (no stacking). I'm usually a 30-31, and bought http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...mous+Denim&d=d in 29 beause i heard i should size down 1-2. Anyways, I'm going to have to have them hemmed. I wasn't really planning on washing these at all, but if I ever do, does that mean i have to soak them before I wear them? Is there a specific process I should take to break in my nudies and get the most fading out of them? Thanks!

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks for the sizing info guys. I went with a size large (my BoO and WvG size) based on the advice on here earlier as my chest measures 40". I'm a little worried it might be too big.

Dj5h1fT would you mind giving me the pit to pit measurements of your medium? Thanks.

8. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

To minimize any chance of uneven shrinkage (only minimal shrinking), it'd be wise to do a soak before hemming.
    I think your sizing is fine.
    After than, just wear it. Theres no process, it's a pair of jeans, not chemistry lab.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hi,

I'm 5'7" with ~22 - ~24 inch thighs and around a 29 inch inseam (no stacking). I'm usually a 30-31, and bought

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...mous+Denim&d=d

in 29 beause i heard i should size down 1-2.

Anyways, I'm going to have to have them hemmed. I wasn't really planning on washing these at all, but if I ever do, does that mean i have to soak them before I wear them?

Is there a specific process I should take to break in my nudies and get the most fading out of them?

Thanks!

You should hot soak the jeans first to get rid of shrinkage before hemming them. I found the inseam to shrink on mine but I do put them in the dryer for 10 to 15 minutes after washing instead of hang drying.

There's no specific process to get the most fading. Just don't wash them that often and wear them a lot.

10. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Thanks for the sizing info guys. I went with a size large (my BoO and WvG size) based on the advice on here earlier as my chest measures 40". I'm a little worried it might be too big.

Dj5h1fT would you mind giving me the pit to pit measurements of your medium? Thanks.

I just measured it and it is about 20.25"

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Definitely glad I got the large. No way would I fit into that. Thanks.

12. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i'm starting to get irritated with all the sizing questions each time i come to read new postings in this thread

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Well it is a thread for the brand and it's not like people are creating new threads to ask the question so whatever man. I have already e-mailed naked and famous twice in the past asking for shirt measurements and I never got a response so I asked in here.

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

to be fair, APC thread is 1 billion times worse, every other post is someone asking how to size the jeans when the answer is right on the page

15. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

hi, this has probably been answered somewhere but I really can't scorll through all these pages to find the answer...
    can someone help out with a quick list of online store that will carry N&F shirts?
    thanks