Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. effang

effang Senior member

Hi, I'm trying to venture into raw denim. Looking online at neiman's collection. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...&navid=viewall Going to buy my first pair. Will any of these N&F fade correctly? I am not sure if the denim is thick enough, and I'm not sure if twill will create the same look? http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...737cat26470736 I have enough jeans that if these don't fade/whisker/honeycomb, then i don't really need to buy these as I have many jeans in a similar color. Thanks!

2. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

The best pair with the "best fading" according to N&F's site out of those would be the Deep Indigos but they're labeled as "Weird Guy Indigo Selvage Jeans." The Broken Twill would be next. As for the rest, I'm not quite sure.

3. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

They're labeled "Deep Indigo"...

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I was at the gravity pope store in edmonton and its impressive as hell. With regards to n&f they had a pair of momo collabs left (32) and a bunch of linen blends, stretch grey, and the usual suspects (twill etc)

They also had hoodies, cardigans and the slim shirts. Was tempted to buy a few more oxfords but ended up getting a geller tee and a l/s from alexwang

5. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

They're labeled "Deep Indigo"...

I was talking about on niemanmarcus. They didn't have it labeled as Deep Indigo on their site.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

then it is probably the regular indigo not the deep indigo.

7. canucks

canucks Member

Hey everyone.

I purchased a pair of red weft weird guys. And the fit on them is pretty "wierd" i guess lol. I am not liking how they look at the bottom. It seems every time I sit down the material gets bunched up around the knee. I am also having trouble finding a good pair of shoes to wear with them. I have a pair of nudies slim jims and love the fit on them, what style in n&f is similar to it? As for the weird guys any advice on what I should do with them.

8. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

9. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

Hey everyone.

I purchased a pair of red weft weird guys. And the fit on them is pretty "wierd" i guess lol. I am not liking how they look at the bottom. It seems every time I sit down the material gets bunched up around the knee. I am also having trouble finding a good pair of shoes to wear with them. I have a pair of nudies slim jims and love the fit on them, what style in n&f is similar to it? As for the weird guys any advice on what I should do with them.

it'll get better as you break em in. and i could be wrong but i think the slim jims are similar to the slimguy. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Slim Jims are generally similar, iirc.

11. T0nyPr0

T0nyPr0 Member

Got a question.... I got a regular pair of slim guys in Black Selvedge. I was looking at a broken twill in Black on-line. are there any noticeable differences color wise which would justify owning both. Thanks in advance!

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Got a question.... I got a regular pair of slim guys in Black Selvedge. I was looking at a broken twill in Black on-line. are there any noticeable differences color wise which would justify owning both. Thanks in advance!

Dunno about differences, but doubt there'd be that much. Get deep indigo or something instead

13. weatherbear

weatherbear Member

just got my black chambray shirt in the mail today. One of the buttons literally broke in half when I buttoned it! Other than that, the fabric is really thick but I'm liking the fit

14. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Was it hard for you to button it as well? It felt like I was putting on a pair of jeans.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

^^Still waiting for mine. What size did you get and what's your usual size?

I didn't know they had broken twills in black. I wouldn't get it, you only need one pair of black jeans man.