Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. reezy

reezy Senior member

Reverse fades are toasting my legs! Get a lot of compliments and odd stares (i assume). Still love them. The resin coating really heats up though haha.

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Reverse fades are toasting my legs! Get a lot of compliments and odd stares (i assume). Still love them. The resin coating really heats up though haha.

Any evolutionz since the last set of pics?

3. adamssutherland

adamssutherland Well-Known Member

I was in Barney's yesterday and saw them. They look pretty legit, but I can't imagine seeing someone in those every day.

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I handled them at Barney's Co-Op, and they felt like they'd be really uncomfortable to wear. That resin layer is really thick.

How is the comfort, other than the heating up?

5. reezy

reezy Senior member

It's pretty comfortable once you break them in. Just go TTS though. Haven't been wearing them much since Toronto been raining cats and dogs for most of the week...I've been trying to fade them faster by wearing them around home. The resin is coming off on the honey combs and my phone pocket.

6. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

What the hell do you mean by "heats up"? What are you doing, biking in them and your thighs are rubbing together so fast the denim is about to burst into flames [​IMG]

It is about time to see some fit pics on those, very curious.

7. istasi

istasi Senior member

Anyone know if the stretch on the solid black WeirdGuys is the same as normal raw WeirdGuys? I know with APC the black denim has less stretch.

8. Jay-D

Anyone know if the stretch on the solid black WeirdGuys is the same as normal raw WeirdGuys? I know with APC the black denim has less stretch.

They will stretch about the same as the Deep Indigo Weird Guys. Similar weight, similar tight weave, right hand twill. Expect about 1/4" of stretch in the waist line quickly and about 1/2" of total stretch in the waist line after 3 months of wear, could stretch as much as 1" in the waist after many months of wear.

9. eugen eugen

eugen eugen Senior member

hi, why tts with the reverse fades? do they run smaller then say deep indigo or elephant skinnys? because i sized down 1 on deep and even 2 on elepahnt to get a skinny leg, which cant be achieved with tts(more like slim straight imo). what size you have and what does the tight at crotch and the leg opening measure( big style). sorry for those questions but i have to make sure they fit i live in europe, shipping is expensive [​IMG]

10. reezy

reezy Senior member

What the hell do you mean by "heats up"? What are you doing, biking in them and your thighs are rubbing together so fast the denim is about to burst into flames [​IMG] It is about time to see some fit pics on those, very curious.
    Haha the weather outside was really nice a week ago in Toronto and I decided to take a stroll around downtown but dam it was hot that day tis why the RFs were toasty. I've also been sleeping with them since it be raining for the next two weeks in Toronto so it's been heating me up quite a bit. Good thing I don't really sweat. Can't take pictures cuz I don't have a proper camera with me =/ only have a 5 pixel phone camera which makes every picture grainy.
    hi, why tts with the reverse fades? do they run smaller then say deep indigo or elephant skinnys? because i sized down 1 on deep and even 2 on elepahnt to get a skinny leg, which cant be achieved with tts(more like slim straight imo). what size you have and what does the tight at crotch and the leg opening measure( big style). sorry for those questions but i have to make sure they fit i live in europe, shipping is expensive [​IMG]
    Well I don't have the deep indigo or elephants so I don't know how they run on those. I guess you can size down one if you like to achieve the "skinny leg" look you want. I'm a size 30 and went down to 29. I prefer more breathing room and would have went TTS but I'm pretty happy with how mine stretched out despite some discomfort around my crotch at times [​IMG] . I don't have the measurements or a ruler to properly measure it for you but the leg opening is consistent with most of the skinny legs. I can tell you at times the reverse fades are quite the ball crushers if you make it too tight. I sag it a bit so I won't be so uncomfortable all the time.

11. cowboyqueso

cowboyqueso Member

Just passed the six month mark, they're starting to look really cool now.

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Just passed the six month mark, they're starting to look really cool now.

What are

13. Jay-D

Purchase the same tag size RF as the skinny guy deep indigo you own. The fit will be the same.

14. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

I should've gotten a 31 in the Brown Canvas, I can't even zip or button it.

15. jingerBRead

jingerBRead Well-Known Member

Anyones denim from Plndr strangely soft?

I got the camo weft and they are not stiff at all...