Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

Cool will get them dry cleaned then. Is Cadet trustworthy?

Don't worry about dust. I work in the warehouse here all the time packing boxes. Dust gets all over my jeans. No matter how much dust and dirt gets on. After a day or 2 of wear, it'll all brush off and you'll be back to normal.

2. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

How much slimmer? I hate the fit of Banana & Gap buttondowns, haha. There's not too many brands that have button downs that fit well on me. I'm working out my arms & chest so I don't want to be in a dilemma in which they're too small on me. Few examples of how I like button downs to fit. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

why do you only do 2 buttons up on your shirts?

4. reezy

reezy Senior member

N&F shirts should be a good fit for you. I would also recommend Gitmans and Club Monaco slim fits too.

5. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Lol, it was just to see how it fit. [​IMG] I always button up every button except for the top. @reezy I think I'm going to order one of the slim shirts off plndr. I think there's a club monaco in my area so I'll probably check there this weekend. Thanks!

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the bottom 1/3 of my jeans are covered in the piss, beer, sweat, and dirt combination from frat basements. swag.

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Don't worry about dust. I work in the warehouse here all the time packing boxes. Dust gets all over my jeans. No matter how much dust and dirt gets on. After a day or 2 of wear, it'll all brush off and you'll be back to normal.

Awesome [​IMG]

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hmm their shirts are sized similar to Gitman?

9. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

dry clean

Dry cleaning is really more for oily stains, mud, and like really dirty stuff that could stain. Remember that dry cleaning uses a ridiculous amount of chemicals, and for me when i was my jeans I avoid all that; its the most basic wash with soap and water. You should be fine with the dust though man, just air them outside over night and you'll be good.

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Dry cleaning is really more for oily stains, mud, and like really dirty stuff that could stain. Remember that dry cleaning uses a ridiculous amount of chemicals, and for me when i was my jeans I avoid all that; its the most basic wash with soap and water. You should be fine with the dust though man, just air them outside over night and you'll be good.

If a super 150s worsted wool suit that costs $20k can be dry cleaned, I think maybe your 15oz. denim will be able to survive it too

11. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

If a super 150s worsted wool suit that costs $20k can be dry cleaned, I think maybe your 15oz. denim will be able to survive it too

for sure, i never said your denim couldn't. "Dry cleaning is really more for oily stains, mud, and like really dirty stuff that could stain," it's pretty unnecessary to dry clean for dust.. and personally i try to avoid a bunch of chemicals lol

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There are organic dry cleaners in my area... gotta love CA.

13. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

I'm purchasing the Brown Canvas Slim Guys from PLNDR right now.. Should I buy TTS?

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I'm purchasing the Brown Canvas Slim Guys from PLNDR right now.. Should I buy TTS?

I have the Slim Guys in deep indigo (incidentally, if you're in the market for a pair that fits 29-30 check my sig) and I would say you should probably size down one. I don't know if the canvas ones will stretch as much as the raw denim, but the slim guys in my opinion tend to run about a size larger than tagged. I actually sized down two on mine. That said, I haven't tried the brown canvas, so I'm just assuming they're cut the same. If you can find measurements for the brown canvas specifically that would definitely be the most helpful.

15. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

I have the Slim Guys in deep indigo (incidentally, if you're in the market for a pair that fits 29-30 check my sig) and I would say you should probably size down one. I don't know if the canvas ones will stretch as much as the raw denim, but the slim guys in my opinion tend to run about a size larger than tagged. I actually sized down two on mine. That said, I haven't tried the brown canvas, so I'm just assuming they're cut the same. If you can find measurements for the brown canvas specifically that would definitely be the most helpful.

Yeah I've been told that the raw indigo ones would stretch a lot, but I don't know about the brown canvas ones.