Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

N&F belts: Can I get some opinions from owners or experience?

We have been carrying the natural version for some time and it seems to sell almost as fast as they come in, so I am considering adding other colors. It has been a long time since I have seen the black or the brown in person, so does any one have an opinion. Is black or brown worthy?

[​IMG]
    N&F black belt
    [​IMG]
    N&F brown belt
    [​IMG]
    N&F natural belt - - which we continue to stock, here is link for futher details, http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7996500.

2. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Slim Guy is the worst cut. I regret buying this model. It feels like I am wearing bootcut jeans, not slim at all.

I had the same opinion at first - the inseam was fairly long and instead of getting good stacks at the bottom, it billowed out and created the bootcut-like look. I got them hemmed, however, and they look 1000x better, and they are pretty slim provided you size down.

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Belts

Don't have black/brown, but the natural one is awesome. Looks really good after only 2 months or so of wear

4. fromega

fromega Member

I'm wondering the same thing about the WG herringbone vs. the grey selvedge. What are the fades like on the grey selvedge?

5. Venetar

Venetar Member

Trying to understand this sizing thingy, if someone could please help. I have the following pants:

A bit too tight fit - size 31 - stretchy Nudie jeans - measured 15,7" waist
    Perfect fit - size 31 - H&M jeans - measured 16,1" waist
    Pretty perfect fit - size 32 - Gabba jeans - measured 16,5" waist

So I should get either 29 or 30 N&F weird guys? Probably 30 if I'm hoping to not be this thin in the near future?

6. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

Since your waist size looks to be about 32"-33", a 30 or a 31 in WGs would probably work. Sizing down 3 to a 29 would be too much. Sizing down 2 to a 30" *might* even be a little bit tight to be honest, but it might stretch out to a decent fit. Personally I'd consider a 31 but then again that's just me, and it depends on how skinny/slim you want them to fit.

7. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

I'm wondering the same thing about the WG herringbone vs. the grey selvedge. What are the fades like on the grey selvedge?

The Herringbone twill, is more of a dress pant. It's your denim alternative. Made with 100% cotton, herringbone twill. The Grey Selvedge is 100% cotton grey selvedge denim.

I have a few pairs of busted up Grey's here in the office, I'll post em up later on.

8. jaythejet

jaythejet Well-Known Member

any word on the upcoming 32 oz pair? i emailed about a pre order and they said a retailer would get back to me but i never got a response

9. Sinji

Sinji Member

The Herringbone twill, is more of a dress pant. It's your denim alternative. Made with 100% cotton, herringbone twill. The Grey Selvedge is 100% cotton grey selvedge denim.

I have a few pairs of busted up Grey's here in the office, I'll post em up later on.

Would like to see some pics too. Never seen fades posted on those. Ordered mine yesterday

10. The National

The National Member

How does the lightweight selvedge in 10oz hold up versus the 14oz? I want to get a pair of the Weird Guys in indigo but was debating between the regular ones or just getting the lightweight version for summer.

11. NFDENIM

any word on the upcoming 32 oz pair? i emailed about a pre order and they said a retailer would get back to me but i never got a response

32oz Denim comes out in the Fall. Contact your favorite local retailer to order a pair. Only 50 will be made.

12. NFDENIM

How does the lightweight selvedge in 10oz hold up versus the 14oz? I want to get a pair of the Weird Guys in indigo but was debating between the regular ones or just getting the lightweight version for summer.

It all depends on what you want. If you want a pair for summertime wear, then the lightweight is the way to go. Not that you can't wear them all year, 10oz is a very "regular" weight outside of the N&F world.

14oz is fine for all year wear too, depending on what you are used to, it may feel heavy for hot summer days. (but only if you are a wuss)

13. NFDENIM

If anybody is going to be in the Pittsburgh area this weekend. Brandon is making an appearance at Pittsburgh Jeans. They'll be doing a custom denim event. Pick your fabric, leather patch, and thread, and we'll make you a custom pair of jeans. Expect to see super rare fabrics not used in the regular collection.

[​IMG]

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

If anybody is going to be in the Pittsburgh area this weekend. Brandon is making an appearance at Pittsburgh Jeans. They'll be doing a custom denim event. Pick your fabric, leather patch, and thread, and we'll make you a custom pair of jeans. Expect to see super rare fabrics not used in the regular collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Size 31. I sized down one. Weird Guy Grey Selvedge. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]