Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

WG deep indigo. True waist 32. Tagged 29. Waist has stretched to 33 after sagging. Been wearing for 3 weeks @ home only. Wish I had gotten 30 or 31 instead, but didn't do my research before ordering. Hips and thighs are slimmer than I like but may turn out to be wearable outside the house soon.

I don't understand how people size down that much. I wear 32 in skinny guy and 31 in weird guy, and if I size down to 30 in either skinny guy or weird guy, I can't get the pants on. It just gets stuck at my thighs lol.

2. Chucks29

Chucks29 Member

does WG really stretch that much ? tag 29 should be an actual 31" right ?

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

does WG really stretch that much ? tag 29 should be an actual 31" right ?

Yeah, it's supposed to be about 2" after shrinking and stretching taken into account

4. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

BTW was wondering if the power stretch ever fades.

I have the black ones and there's a bit of wallet fading but that's about it.

Bought the red stretch jeans on Friday from 4HM. Super light material that flops into stacks of bright citrusy redness. I like them, although Guy mentioned they were a different colour than he expected and I'd agree. I think being able to see the white in the fabric irl makes them lighter and orangey/pinkish.

5. linkinwayne

I have the black ones and there's a bit of wallet fading but that's about it.

Bought the red stretch jeans on Friday from 4HM. Super light material that flops into stacks of bright citrusy redness. I like them, although Guy mentioned they were a different colour than he expected and I'd agree. I think being able to see the white in the fabric irl makes them lighter and orangey/pinkish.

Yeah, they're definitely brighter than I thought they would be. Was looking for a darker brick red.

Does anyone know about the reverse fade jeans, btw? Could have sworn I heard something about them. And glow-in-the-dark

6. Donut

Donut Senior member

Yeah, they're definitely brighter than I thought they would be. Was looking for a darker brick red.

Does anyone know about the reverse fade jeans, btw? Could have sworn I heard something about them. And glow-in-the-dark

I think it's for f/w 11

7. vicesman

vicesman Member

When I ordered these I was @ 31 and read somewhere I should size down 2 from actual waist. I wear 30 in levi's 501. So I figured going down 1 from levi's was no biggie. Thighs and hips were more of an issue than the waist. If I had to do it again would order 31. But got these from wharf and all sales were final.

8. linkinwayne

Hello 21oz is way to heavy for jeans. We have 18oz that is used for industrial applications. Have a look at our website www.pacificbluedenims.com for mens jeans the heaviest you will want to go is 14oz but even 12oz is good for a heavy mens jean. We have a full stock of denim fabrics you would be able to use on our website to make the jeans you like.

koolstory bro

9. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

checked out those black overdyes, so sick, picking up when they drop price

10. AkamaiMax

AkamaiMax Member

I'm debating on getting another pair of N&F soon to rotate with my current one. Picked up the broken twills skinny guy about a month ago and loving the fit/feel/look (I sized down from 32 to 31).

I'm looking at the deep indigo skinny size down to 31 again or black WG size down to 30. I'm loving the skinny fit but the WG is alot cheaper, plus it will be a change from the skinny guy i already have. what do oyu guys think? is there a way to get the WG to fit close to skinny?

11. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

Hello 21oz is way to heavy for jeans. We have 18oz that is used for industrial applications. Have a look at our website www.pacificbluedenims.com for mens jeans the heaviest you will want to go is 14oz but even 12oz is good for a heavy mens jean. We have a full stock of denim fabrics you would be able to use on our website to make the jeans you like.
    Ok, it wouldn't look like a silly statement, if you made it on "marie claire online".
    Here it looks like blasphemy.
    I hope it's just trolling, because if you're serious you're on the wrong forum

12. linkinwayne

I'm debating on getting another pair of N&F soon to rotate with my current one. Picked up the broken twills skinny guy about a month ago and loving the fit/feel/look (I sized down from 32 to 31).

I'm looking at the deep indigo skinny size down to 31 again or black WG size down to 30. I'm loving the skinny fit but the WG is alot cheaper, plus it will be a change from the skinny guy i already have. what do oyu guys think? is there a way to get the WG to fit close to skinny?

Yes, size down

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

how much do weird guy stretch? tried on a pair in 33 and it is huge! thinking about possibly going all the way down to a size 30 (usually wear 29 in APC NS) also, anyone have this cardigan? any experience on the fit? small or big? http://www.tobi.com/product/37271-na...color_id=46486 i'm 5'10 and cuff sometimes :p was also wondering, werid guy are considered slim? and skinny guy are 'skinny'? so slim is their straight ? thats what seems like on their fit page and by different store measurements (basing it on the hem opening)

14. .lumines

.lumines New Member

how much do weird guy stretch? tried on a pair in 33 and it is huge! thinking about possibly going all the way down to a size 30 (usually wear 29 in APC NS) also, anyone have this cardigan? any experience on the fit? small or big? http://www.tobi.com/product/37271-na...color_id=46486 i'm 5'10 and cuff sometimes :p was also wondering, werid guy are considered slim? and skinny guy are 'skinny'? so slim is their straight ? thats what seems like on their fit page and by different store measurements (basing it on the hem opening)
    1st Post! Long time lurker, finally contributing. I wear the Weird Guys and they do stretch quite a bit, I'd say mine stretched out by a size. I downsized one when I first got them and I had trouble getting all the buttons up, so don't downsize too much. In terms of how tight the N&F cuts are from extreme tightness: Skinny Guy, Weird Guy, Slim Guy. The weird guys are fitted but not skin tight and are tapered.
    ______________​
    Some Evo pictures, I've only been wearing them for less than two months and these are my first pair of raws. I'm really surprised at how fast these progressed. I've worn them daily, seven days a week since I got them. 2/5/2011 - The start of my journey. [​IMG] [​IMG] 3/22/2011 - 55 Days [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Most of the fading is more apparent in sunlight and as weird as it is, using flash in the detail pics actually brings it closer to the true color.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

thank you for the insightful and beautiful first post.

and reading back in posts i think i may try to go w/ size 30 as some guy said size 29 was pain :p

tobi has a collab edition that looks pretty awesome tbh, but $288!