Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

everyone else makes some sort of model similar to slim guy, the weird guy really sets N&F apart, obviously aside from materials

2. SDES

SDES Active Member

I could button up a Deep Indigo WG in 30 (no room in waist). I usually wear 31-32 in everything. Should I size down to 29 and break the waist in?

3. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

I could button up a Deep Indigo WG in 30 (no room in waist). I usually wear 31-32 in everything. Should I size down to 29 and break the waist in?
    In a well built pair of jeans, yes, you could try that, and depending on the "elasticity" of the denim they're made of, you could have a variable degree of success. I would not try that with jeans that have well known and documented construction issues, and most N&F have a bad reputation in that regard. Go back a few months into this thread and have a look at popped buttons, sudden crotch blowout stories, or improperly assembled seams. Extreme downsizing is a bad practice that only the best jeans can stand (and even then, top japanese built stuff suffers from it, mainly buttons). Costruction-wise, i wouldn't try my luck with N&F. If WG, worn sizing down two fits you right in the waist (and that seems to be the case with your pair), you should already have a reasonably good looking fit, if you feel that you want a tighter top block, and that's the reason why you would like to size down, you may be happy with skinny guys true to size

4. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

my rule of thumb is if you can button them up they will stretch to perfect fit, 2" stretch isn't surprising with N&F, wouldn't be surprised if you could get 2.5" out of them

i dont believe button pop off is an issue anymore, the last time i heard of that was on their first shipments with the N&F embossed buttons which they haven't used since 2008. there's no pattern of crotch blow out on a specific model or style therefore i wouldn't say it's an issue you should be preparing for

5. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i like slimguys too.

weirdguys fit a bit slimmer for me.

they fit exactly like skinny jeans for me.

even skinnyguy is looser than WG for me.

6. SDES

SDES Active Member

if you feel that you want a tighter top block, and that's the reason why you would like to size down, you may be happy with skinny guys true to size

my rule of thumb is if you can button them up they will stretch to perfect fit, 2" stretch isn't surprising with N&F, wouldn't be surprised if you could get 2.5" out of them

Thanks for the replies, guys.
    I'm mainly looking for the taper at the ankles so WG it is. I didn't spend too much time looking at what the 30 looked like on me (didn't look bad I think), but I imagined that I could handle a 29 from below the waist (not sure if that's the right way to approach sizing these).

7. adamssutherland

adamssutherland Well-Known Member

Picked up the Big Johns yesterday and I'm in love. I'll post some pics once they break in a little.

8. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

Picked up the Big Johns yesterday and I'm in love. I'll post some pics once they break in a little.

price?

9. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

$275 on the big john collabos.

nvm.

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I sized down two on deep indigo slim guys and definitely got about two sizes of stretch out of them. It took some work, but now they fit great. And the top button, despite the hell I put it through, has held without any problems. No pop-off, no tearing around it or anything. I've heard about construction issues, too, but my pair seems solid. (That said, I also have a pair of Rag & Bone RB15s labeled 'Handmade in New York' and the stitching and seams on those are a whole lot cleaner and generally look better.)

i dont believe button pop off is an issue anymore, the last time i heard of that was on their first shipments with the N&F embossed buttons which they haven't used since 2008. there's no pattern of crotch blow out on a specific model or style therefore i wouldn't say it's an issue you should be preparing for

11. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

$275 on the big john collabos.

nvm.

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics!

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

i got the vintage blues, pretty cool cooler, but definitely more of a summertime jean.

can't wear my darker shirts or most of my wings horns stuff with it.

13. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Guys I've been looking for the WeirdGuys in Vintage Blue for ages now, and would really appreciate some help on where I can find them locally in the US?

Also I wear a 30 in the Natural Indigo WGs, but the 30 in Big John Collabs seemed to be a size too large for me. What do you think my size for the Vintage Blues would be?

Thanks!

14. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

Guys I've been looking for the WeirdGuys in Vintage Blue for ages now, and would really appreciate some help on where I can find them locally in the US?

Also I wear a 30 in the Natural Indigo WGs, but the 30 in Big John Collabs seemed to be a size too large for me. What do you think my size for the Vintage Blues would be?

Thanks!

i've only worn mine once since receiving, you'll be first to know if i let them go

15. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

i've only worn mine once since receiving, you'll be first to know if i let them go

Much appreciated... What size are yours? I assume I would need a 30? Or would I need a 29?