Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. 1up

1up Senior member

1up,
    I would say that this cut does not work for you. No shame in this as we all have cuts that do not work. You say you tried the 31, 32 and now the 33. I can't imagine you going down a size to 32. I think that would make your hips and thighs look huge. They already look big in the 33. The lower half looks a little loose in the 33. In conclusion, your top block is too big for this cut.
    What is your measured waist? You say it is a 32, but I am thinking it is a few inches larger.

Hm yeah could be, I've always had jeans in 32 (+/- 1 given the brand, usually the latter) region, but I've also always wore boring relaxed or regular fits, guess these are different and not for me. I've def got some strange proportions though that's for sure. Store only offers store credit on refunds, so maybe I'll just keep these ones and not worry about sizing down.

2. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

Do WG's stretch more than SlimGuys? I had lots of stretching in the waist, but not much elsewhere. If I size down on WG's the legs are ridiculously tight, and I'm worried they'll end up like my Slim's and never stretch out enough.

I'm assuming they'll probably be the same since it's the same denim weight?

they stretch whereever the most stress is, knees, thighs, rear and waist have a ton of pressure on them when you're walking, sitting and standing up.

i'd say with enough work they're capable of stretching up to 2" anywhere that fits tight. my elephants i sized down 2 and now they're almost falling off

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

The WG's run so long though? How do you guys wear them without the jeans dragging along the floor w/o shoes on? I'm probably normally a 31 inseam, and these are 35. Should I hem off a couple inches?

Mine are too tapered to drag, they just stack up around the shoes. Thinking of taking 1 or 2 inches off thoug

Yeah, the leg opening on that cut is so narrow, they'll always stack rather than drag.

4. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

You guys are right about the stacking but 1up said how do you stop them from dragging without shoes on lol (I didn't catch that at first either)

5. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

You should also take my opinion with a grain of salt since I am only going by 2 low quality pictures. Sometimes pics have a way of making these look funny.

If you feel your hips and thighs look like they are bulging, than take the store credit. You will probably rarely wear the jeans anyway if you feel this way

6. 1up

1up Senior member

You should also take my opinion with a grain of salt since I am only going by 2 low quality pictures. Sometimes pics have a way of making these look funny.

If you feel your hips and thighs look like they are bulging, than take the store credit. You will probably rarely wear the jeans anyway if you feel this way

Few more pics. Thanks for the advice/input guys, I'm always a terrible decision maker, ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like if I wore them religiously they would stretch out a fair bit into a good fit, maybe even a little too much?

7. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

Few more pics. Thanks for the advice/input guys, I'm always a terrible decision maker, ha.

I feel like if I wore them religiously they would stretch out a fair bit into a good fit, maybe even a little too much?

Honestly if I didn't know you sized up to 33, I would say the fit is good. But, I've never really heard people sizing up on N&F.

8. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

They look fine to me in these pics. Are these the regular indigo wash? If so, they stretch out a good bit as far as denim goes.

9. 1up

1up Senior member

Honestly if I didn't know you sized up to 33, I would say the fit is good. But, I've never really heard people sizing up on N&F.

Ya I've got a strange build, and I'm not too thin by any means (5"10, 170). Small waist, but big hips.

10. 1up

1up Senior member

They look fine to me in these pics. Are these the regular indigo wash? If so, they stretch out a good bit as far as denim goes.

No. They're the Grey Selvedge wash. I had a pair of 31 Broken Twill Selvedge's which I was mentioning that stretched out in the waist a ton, but was always a little snug in the upper leg area.

These are WeirdGuy's (I only tried on 32 and 33, never a 31). I'm assuming they'll stretch the same amount as my SlimGuy's?

11. chubacca

chubacca Active Member

does anyone have the double weave houndstooth? like them?

12. bowvalley2000

bowvalley2000 Senior member

No. They're the Grey Selvedge wash. I had a pair of 31 Broken Twill Selvedge's which I was mentioning that stretched out in the waist a ton, but was always a little snug in the upper leg area.

These are WeirdGuy's (I only tried on 32 and 33, never a 31). I'm assuming they'll stretch the same amount as my SlimGuy's?

Yes, they will stretch the same.

13. Bourbon

Bourbon New Member

Size 33 Slim Guy stretch report:

Slim guy, broken twill selvedge
    Size 33
    ~2 months wear
    No washes or soaks
    Actual waist now measures 35.25"

My waist size is 34. I REALLY regret not sizing down 2 and getting the size 32.

14. bowvalley2000

bowvalley2000 Senior member

1up-I think it looks good.

I have a lightweight chambray naked & famous slim guys available-check out my sig.

15. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

they stretch whereever the most stress is, knees, thighs, rear and waist have a ton of pressure on them when you're walking, sitting and standing up.

i'd say with enough work they're capable of stretching up to 2" anywhere that fits tight. my elephants i sized down 2 and now they're almost falling off

I guess you're talking about slim or weird guys, because sizing down two with elephant skinnies is a recipe for suicide by haemostasis!