1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ThisEraWillFade

ThisEraWillFade Member

So I just got a pair of SkinnyGuy 19 oz elephant selvedge denim. Would anyone be interested in buying them off of me? They're a size 32. PM me if interested.

2. jaychiz

jaychiz Distinguished Member

creative recs are G
    calling something G is not G, no one has called anything G for 10 years he is right though, they are shit

3. chin3se604

chin3se604 Member

calling something G is not G, no one has called anything G for 10 years

he is right though, they are shit

sometimes...

4. jzmundy07

jzmundy07 New Member

ThisEraWillFade, you have PM.

5. Kou

Kou Member

new to raw denim here. I just got my weird guys and I def need them hemmed (dont like having stacks/cuffs, want them too look like http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...k/IMG_0004.jpg at the bottom). I read somewhere to wash them so they shrink first but I dont wanna do that and lose the dye right? So should I just go to the professional and get them hemmed (bring in the pic so they know what i want) and not wash them?

6. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Distinguished Member

new to raw denim here. I just got my weird guys and I def need them hemmed (dont like having stacks/cuffs, want them too look like http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...k/IMG_0004.jpg at the bottom). I read somewhere to wash them so they shrink first but I dont wanna do that and lose the dye right?

So should I just go to the professional and get them hemmed (bring in the pic so they know what i want) and not wash them?

N&F uses sanforized denim, so they shouldn't shrink too much even after washing. Personally, I would give myself an extra inch on the hemming, there shouldn't be more shrinkage than that with this kind of denim.

7. cb_32

cb_32 Distinguished Member

just get nikes or clae if you want nice sneakers

8. chubacca

chubacca Active Member

Has anyone have any progress with elephants? I'm curious because I've been wearing mine for about 4 months and they still look brand new.

9. blasty

blasty Senior Member

Has anyone have any progress with elephants? I'm curious because I've been wearing mine for about 4 months and they still look brand new.

I've had mine for about 4 months now too, but I don't wear them every day, probably 3 or 4 times a week. The only noticeable fades are the wallet fades. I can notice a tiny bit of whiskers when I look at them in sunlight, but nothing great. At least it's a good sign that fades are coming, I remember at around the 2 month mark the jeans still looked completely brand new and I was wondering if these even fade.

10. jaychiz

jaychiz Distinguished Member

I've had mine for about 4 months now too, but I don't wear them every day, probably 3 or 4 times a week. The only noticeable fades are the wallet fades. I can notice a tiny bit of whiskers when I look at them in sunlight, but nothing great. At least it's a good sign that fades are coming, I remember at around the 2 month mark the jeans still looked completely brand new and I was wondering if these even fade.
    +1 exactly the same thing with mine, 3 months straight of everyday wear, starting to whisker, back pocket fades starting though

11. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Distinguished Member

I've been thinking about it, and I've decided to try to sell two of my N&F jeans if possible. I have a SlimGuy Raised Selvedge in tagged 28 (super comfortable, but I dislike the SlimGuy cut), and a SkinnyGuy Indigo Power Stretch in tagged 29. Also dislike the cut.

I don't know, the Weird Guy cut seems to be the only one I really like. Though the waist is too big. The SlimGuy waist is perfect. Sigh.

12. C-Note

C-Note Senior Member

Tapering the slim guys is an option

13. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior Member

That's crazy, i would expect these to fade fast cause of the weight.

My deep indigos are barely a month old and already they have massive whiskering and even some slight fades on some of them.

No wallet fade yet though, but I have a pretty flat wallet.

14. Donut

Donut Senior Member

That's crazy, i would expect these to fade fast cause of the weight.

My deep indigos are barely a month old and already they have massive whiskering and even some slight fades on some of them.

No wallet fade yet though, but I have a pretty flat wallet.

i don't think weight matters as much as the dye does.

15. bluefields

bluefields Active Member